Windows 10: How to set Automatic Updates detection frequency?

Discus and support How to set Automatic Updates detection frequency? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello This is my main operating system: [img] I am trying to set the frequency detection of Windows update. So, I go to this menu in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joanne, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Joanne Win User

How to set Automatic Updates detection frequency?

Hello

This is my main operating system:

How to set Automatic Updates detection frequency? [​IMG]

I am trying to set the frequency detection of Windows update. So, I go to this menu in the Group Policy Editor:

As you can see though, that other setting must be enabled. So, I navigate to its menu and try to set it.
    I do not know what should I put in those boxes though...

- How can I set the Automatic Updates detection frequency to four hours?

Thank you.

:)

Joanne, Jan 21, 2016
  2. rml123 Win User

Something keeps resetting proxy settings

Hello

I have an issue with a brand new Windows 10 HP Laptop. It started installing Windows Updates ok and then suddenly stopped and couldn't contact the server. I then had issues with internet browsing in Edge. It would find google.com, but wouldn't find microsoft.com.
    A network troubleshoot said everything was fine and my wi-fi connection seemed fine. I then tried to go to microsoft.com in Chrome and it gave a better error message telling me check proxy settings.

When i went to Proxy settings. Automatic Proxy - Automatically detect settings was set to off and Manual detection was set to look for 127.0.0.1 I have 2 new laptops and on the other one, which was connecting fine, it was set to Automatically detect settings
    so i set the laptop to Automatically detect settings and it connects fine again and i contiuned to download updates.

A few hours later after installing updates and restarting and then trying to check for more updates it has partially lost connectivity again and sure enough something has set Proxy settings back to Manual detection again. I've set it back to Automatic and
    it works fine again.

What keeps changing it to Manual and how can i prevent it doing it again?

thanks...

rml123, Jan 21, 2016
  3. How to disable the Automatic Monitor Detection or Hot plug detection over Displayport

I have the same issue. It is VERY ANNOYING and there seems to be no fix for it.

I have 6 monitors on my computer, two rows of 3, which are hooked up through two separate video cards. My computer is in my bedroom and I like to turn off the power to all the monitors when I go to bed. The lights on the the monitors are bright even when
    the monitors are turned off and the computer is asleep.

I have all the monitors plugged into their own power strip so that I can just turn off the power strip. Whenever I turn the monitors back on all at once the icons get rearranged to a new monitor depending on which monitor randomly starts first and my start
    menu is always moved back to the primary monitor. Its very annoying. I have to move everything around every time I turn the computer on. I like to have my Start menu on the bottom left monitor vertical and pulled out about 3 inches so I can see the names
    of all the files I have open. I like to have all the icons on the top right monitor.

I have not been able to find a way to deal with this.

jaaaystone, Jan 21, 2016
  4. Joanne Win User

Anyone?

@Brink, any ideas, some help, please?

Joanne, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

1. How to set Automatic Updates detection frequency? - Similar Threads - set Automatic Updates

2. Setting the NTP update frequency, with MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting the NTP update frequency, with MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?: Hello,what is the currently recommended way to influence the NTP update frequency?Using the values MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?I found the following article about the latter:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2638243Has this been fixed in the...
  3. Setting the NTP update frequency, with MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting the NTP update frequency, with MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?: Hello,what is the currently recommended way to influence the NTP update frequency?Using the values MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?I found the following article about the latter:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2638243Has this been fixed in the...
  4. Setting the NTP update frequency, with MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. setting idle frequency

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    setting idle frequency: My computer supports down to 400MHz on my i5 8250u, however when i let windows control my clock speed it only hits 1.00GHz when idle. I can manually set the max speed to 400MHz and the idle utilisation doesn't go up at all so... how do i force windows to use 400MHz when idle,...
  6. How to fix, "Windows "not automatically detecting my proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix, "Windows "not automatically detecting my proxy settings: I need to fix this because I'm trying to earn "Microsoft" rewards but one of the poll that I clicked on was blocked by a VPN or a Anti-virus or Firewall, so it says to run the troubleshooter, so I do that then it says "Windows" could not automatically detect my proxy settings...
  7. automatically detect settings.

automatically detect settings.: Hello. i can't use any VPN program's because there is something forcing the automatically detect settings to be OFF. troubleshoot gave me this message : windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. so basically i have to make this option automatically...
  8. How to set automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set automatic updates?: I want to turn on automatic updates on my laptop. I tried to turn ON but it doesn’t work and automatically gets turn OFF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-automatic-updates/bfce7c41-23a2-4f4c-b656-d8f1a41d1b52
  9. SystemRestorePointCreationFrequency=0 is what automatic frequency?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    SystemRestorePointCreationFrequency=0 is what automatic frequency?: I am trying to make automated restore points happen more often. I followed the tutorial to create the SystemRestorePointCreationFrequency DWORD in the registry. I can use a frequency of 1440 to make a restore point every day, but if the frequency is 0, how often are restore...
  10. Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings

Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings: In LAN settings in internet options, I can't change any of the options, if i select the checkbox to automatically detect the proxy settings, clicking the OK button does nothing. In Proxy settings inside windows settings I can toggle "Automatically detect settings" but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Automatic Update detection frequency

2. how to set the Automatic Update detection frequency on windows 10