Windows 10: How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

Discus and support How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Instead of opening Yahoo and attaching pdf and txt files etc, it'd be good if I could click on the file in Explorer and have yahoo mail open for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jul 16, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

Instead of opening Yahoo and attaching pdf and txt files etc, it'd be good if I could click on the file in Explorer and have yahoo mail open for me there and then.

Can this be done?

Googling to find out I came across the suggestion I should set a default app for 'send to' on the right click in Explorer.

Googling that I came across a suggestion that I should open settings/system/default apps.

But that doesn't exist on my computer. There's no 'default apps' choice there.

So can it be done and if so how and anyway how do I set default apps whether or not this can be done?

How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail? :)

:)

abrogard, Jul 16, 2018
  2. JOSHSKORN Win User

How do I set Yahoo Mail as the Default Email Client?

I've already been to the Custom Default Programs settings, Yahoo! Mail is not listed. I want to be able to use a program not related to a browser, with an E-mail link, and it automatically send me to a browser with my E-mail so I can start composing the message.

How can I do this on Windows 10?

JOSHSKORN, Jul 16, 2018
  3. AndreyT Win User
    How do I set Yahoo Mail as the Default Email Client?

Install Yahoo Mail app from Windows store. Once you do that, you'll be able to set that app as your default mail client.

AndreyT, Jul 16, 2018
  4. How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.

FYI for Yahoo Mail users,

With the release of Windows 10, Yahoo has released a stand alone mail app for Windows 10, so you don't have to use the default mail app that's included in Windows 10 if you don't want to use it. There are two ways that you can get the Yahoo Mail App for Windows 10:

First way:

1. Launch the Windows Store app by going to the Cortana search box and type in "Windows Store" in the box.
    2. Once you have the Windows Store app launched, in the upper right corner, you will see another search box.
    3. Enter "Yahoo Mail" in this search box. It will then give you, a list of matching apps with Yahoo Mail being one of them.
    4. Click on the "Yahoo Mail" app. You will then see a description of what the app is.
    5. Click on the Install button to install the app on your computer. The app will download.
    6. Once the app finishes downloading, the "Install" box will change to "Launch." Click "Launch" to launch the app and enter your Yahoo account info.

Second Way:

1. Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...l/9nblggh20c5j. This is a direct link to the app.
    2. Click on the box that says "Get the app." This should launch the Windows Store app and take you directly to the app to download.

The Yahoo Mail app is a lot like using Yahoo's web mail service, only it also functions as a default mail app for Windows 10, meaning that you can set it as the default mail app to launch when ever you click any e-mail address from a web site.

The only real issue that I've found with this app is if your ISP is either AT&T, Frontier, Verizon, or Rogers, and you log on using your ISP based e-mail address, the app doesn't work that well with these e-mail accounts like it does with the straight yahoo.com accounts. These ISP's mentioned currently contact with Yahoo to provide both their e-mail hosting and custom portal pages for their customers.

robbiestewart89, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

1. How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail? - Similar Threads - set default apps

2. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  3. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  4. yahoo mail app!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. mail app/yahoo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app/yahoo: I am getting a message on the mail app saying my yahoo account data is out of date. When I go to fix it I get a Ox8019019a error code. What do I do to fix this problem. I am on Windows 10. My computer is updated. Thanks....
  6. Default Mail app will not set

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Mail app will not set: I use Windows 10 Mail as my mail app. When I set Defaults, it was listed as the recommended choice. But when I open a folder and right click on a file to Sendto email, I get the message that there is no mail program associated. I rummaged in the Registry and found Hotmail...
  7. How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

in Browsers and Email
    How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?: Instead of opening Yahoo and attaching pdf and txt files etc, it'd be good if I could click on the file in Explorer and have yahoo mail open for me there and then. Can this be done? Googling to find out I came across the suggestion I should set a default app for 'send to'...
  8. Chrome assigned as default email? Using Yahoo Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome assigned as default email? Using Yahoo Mail: Novice here. Completely confused btw. Chrome is assigned as default email for W10. Actually using Yahoo Mail on AT&T Web browser. The to the point problem is that I am trying to send a zip file(containing photos) via Yahoo email and I cannot get it to attach to email...
  9. How do I set Yahoo Mail as the Default Email Client?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I set Yahoo Mail as the Default Email Client?: I've already been to the Custom Default Programs settings, Yahoo! Mail is not listed. I want to be able to use a program not related to a browser, with an E-mail link, and it automatically send me to a browser with my E-mail so I can start composing the message. How can I...
  10. How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.

in Browsers and Email
    How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.: I folks, I have an Outlook account, of course, but I don't use it. Instead I use my Yahoo email, but for some reason the new app won't let me add it. Instead it only wants my Outlook email. Is there and way to add a Yahoo email? This is what I get when I select Add...