Windows 10: How to set default Sort Order for files

Discus and support How to set default Sort Order for files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to automatically set by default, the View/Sort Order. What I mean is, I don't want to keep opening up my file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Homeuser, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Homeuser Win User

How to set default Sort Order for files

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to automatically set by default, the View/Sort Order. What I mean is, I don't want to keep opening up my file browser (Explorer), clicking on Name, then Type to sort them. Is there a way to have this automatically so it by default? I know previous versions of Windows you could do this.

:)

Homeuser, Jan 25, 2017

2. How can I set the WP7 picture sort order to "sort by name" ?

Hi
    Konrad Kastenmeier

Windows Phone 7 sort pictures only by dates. You can create folders to sort your pictures if you want How to set default Sort Order for files :)

Thanks!

Apple Power, Jan 25, 2017
  3. How can I set the WP7 picture sort order to "sort by name" ?

WP7 seems to sort pictures, which have been synced to the device, by the date when the picure was taken.

In the Zune SW on the PC I can also sort the picurse by file name. That's what I usually want to have.

How can I tell WP7 to sort the picures in the same way as set in the Zune SW (i.e.
    by file name)?

Konrad Kastenmeier, Jan 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, mine 'sticks' per folder. For example, if I set one to view organised by type, next time I open it, it's organised by type, whilst simultaneously, I might have set one to be organised by size, and next time I open that, it's organised by size.

dalchina, Jan 25, 2017
  5. Homeuser Win User
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Sometimes mine don't say that way. I have to keep clicking on Name or Type again. This happens on all Windows 10 PC's in the house..All using either Home or Pro 64 Bit

Homeuser, Jan 25, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Windows has a long-standing reputation for inconsistency in such details, and differences for some people.

Whilst I've not tried it, you could try:

How to set default Sort Order for files [​IMG]

(Yes, that is Win 10)

dalchina, Jan 25, 2017
  7. Homeuser Win User
    Nice! Forgot about that option...I'll look into that..Thanks!

Homeuser, Jan 25, 2017
  8. Homeuser Win User

Yeah, this didn't work...But thanks though..

Homeuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to set default Sort Order for files - Similar Threads - set default Sort

2. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...: When File Explorer opens a folder, it sorts all folders and files inside in an order according to the settings of that folder. How to get the list of all folders and files or at least of files only sorted in the same order? Not meaning just to look the list in the interface...
  3. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...: When File Explorer opens a folder, it sorts all folders and files inside in an order according to the settings of that folder. How to get the list of all folders and files or at least of files only sorted in the same order? Not meaning just to look the list in the interface...
  4. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  6. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  7. file/folder sort order

8. File Explorer Sort Order

File Explorer Sort Order: Question regarding sort order for File Explorer in Windows 10: The sort order changes with updates at times. My sort order preference is to show file folders alphabetically first and then files sorted either by date modified or alphabetically, depending on the search. What's...
  9. Default sort order for specific folder?

Default sort order for specific folder?: Every time I open OneDrive from the system tray and go to my Camera Uploads folder in Windows Explorer, it is displayed in order of name. That is how I want to view most folders in Explorer, but for this folder I would like it to sort by date desc by default. Is that possible...
  10. Setting default sorting options for folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default sorting options for folders?: Is there a way to set a default sorting method for files in folders (by sorting I mean whether files in folders are sorted by date, name or whatever)? When I change the settings through the right click menu it only applies to the folder I'm in at the moment. 77345