Windows 10: How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser?

Discus and support How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I want to set custom homepage on Microsoft Edge without using GPO (As it works only on Domain-Joined Machine). i have tried through below... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jitesh kumar, May 18, 2017.

1. How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser?

Hi,
    I want to set custom homepage on Microsoft Edge without using GPO (As it works only on Domain-Joined Machine).
    i have tried through below registry but it didn't work for me.
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Main]
    "HomeButtonEnabled"=dword:00000001
    "HomeButtonPage"="Microsoft - Official Home Page"

I have also tried through below Registry location in different machine
    HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Internet Settings. But same Result
    I have also gone through
    %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Settings
    Copied settings.dat file in new machine.
    Please guide me.
    Thanks

:)

jitesh kumar, May 18, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, May 18, 2017
  3. JulietNE Win User
    JulietNE, May 18, 2017
  4. How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser?

MeAndMyComputer, May 18, 2017
  5. I have already gone through above Registry settings. But i didn't found any changes can you explain more if it works for you.

jitesh kumar, May 19, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    You normally can just do the following:

Open Edge> select Settings> enter the desired Home Page in the box shown> click Save next to the box.

How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser? [​IMG]

Hope this helps,

Regards,

7. Thanks,But i don't want to follow manual approach. i have to automate homepage.

jitesh kumar, May 19, 2017
  8. How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser?

My original recommendation was focused on adding or removing the home button and did include manual instructions on changing the home page but I like the way WOT posted that information as it's very clear.

I suspect you may not be able to use the registry to accomplish what you'd like to do.
    In How to Change Microsoft Edge Startup Page in Windows 10 Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials there is registry codes part of which states It is a violation of Windows Policy to modify

MeAndMyComputer, May 20, 2017
  9. Hey,Thanks for sharing the info.
    But registry you have mentioned above didn't work if i'll export reg. from one machine and import to another Machine.

Merging the .reg file that was exported from one PC will not work on any other PC.

jitesh kumar, May 21, 2017
  10. Unfortunately, very true

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser?

1. How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser? - Similar Threads - Set Homepage Edge

2. MSN.COM Browser homepage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN.COM Browser homepage: Looks like the msn.com browser has a new format but when I use secret mode it has the old format. I like the old version better. How can I change my msn.com homepage to the old format? And, when and why was it changed?...
  3. MSN.COM Browser homepage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN.COM Browser homepage: Looks like the msn.com browser has a new format but when I use secret mode it has the old format. I like the old version better. How can I change my msn.com homepage to the old format? And, when and why was it changed?...
  4. Reset Homepage in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Reset Homepage in Edge: I just uninstalled and then reinstalled Edge on my Windows 7 PC. I want reset my homepage on Edge to google.com.. I opened Edge and went to Setting and then selected "Appearance" . As shown below, I typed in the url that I want to be my new homepage. I don't see anything that...
  5. set homepage to google

in Windows 10 Customization
    set homepage to google: set homepage to google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/set-homepage-to-google/2839d890-b222-4f4c-abb1-942f4597ec01
  6. change homepage in edge

in Browsers and Email
    change homepage in edge: I changed it last December when I first go 10, now I want to change it again and all it change is the start page. I have gone to settings and change it several times, when I open edge the page I want is there, when I click on home button old page shows up 60274
  7. Help Selecting Homepage to use with Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Help Selecting Homepage to use with Edge Browser: I'm very much the amateur user now that I'm a senior citizen. My browser is and will remain Edge. For some reason I switched to the AT&T homepage and am not overly pleased. My email is Yahoo. Due to neurological disease I have cognitive issues I like things not overly...
  8. MSN Homepage using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    MSN Homepage using Edge: A few days ago my MSN homepage stopped showing all images. About 10% of images will show but the rest are just greyed out boxes. I've tried disabling Tracking, turned off my antivirus (Defender), turned off the firewall, disabling Flashplayer........ but nothing seems to do...
  9. Your Preferred Browser, Homepage & Email

in Browsers and Email
    Your Preferred Browser, Homepage & Email: New to W10. I've got myself all tied up in knots trying to decide upon a new browser, homepage & email. Have used Yahoo for decades on other OS' but with the hack of Yahoo email and Yahoo's pending sale I think it might be the right time to change. Your input is much wanted...
  10. Homepage on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Homepage on Edge: I don't know what happened but I can't set my homepage to msn on Edge. I tried the instructions but they don't work. What is the next step ?????? Thanks 94862