Windows 10: How to set "." instead of "," in numbers

Discus and support How to set "." instead of "," in numbers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I think when I installed Windows XP for the first time, I had to set the decimal value to be shown has "." instead of the comma "," Some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by arjfca, Aug 18, 2015.

1. arjfca Win User

How to set "." instead of "," in numbers

Hello

I think when I installed Windows XP for the first time, I had to set the decimal value to be shown has "." instead of the comma ","

Some of my Excel sheet seem to be misinterpreted now since I installed Win 10

Any idea?

Martin

:)

arjfca, Aug 18, 2015

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Aug 18, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Here's where you can change it...

Right Click on the Start Button, Control Panel, Clock Language and Region, Region, Formats, Additional Settings, Decimal symbol

Antilope, Aug 19, 2015
  5. arjfca Win User
    Done
    I'm still not very fluent with the new desk

Martin

arjfca, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to set "." instead of "," in numbers - Similar Threads - set instead numbers

2. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  3. Numbers lock setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numbers lock setting: My numbers lock setting won't hold for more than one setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers-lock-setting/c3d898aa-41df-4088-b648-33776eb41752
  4. Numbers lock setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numbers lock setting: My numbers lock setting won't hold for more than one setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers-lock-setting/c3d898aa-41df-4088-b648-33776eb41752
  5. Numbers lock setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Why is one of my number keys typing a z instead of the number?

Why is one of my number keys typing a z instead of the number?: Hello,My "two" key is typing the letter z instead of the number two. What can I do to fix this. All the other keys on the keyboard are working properly.This is how dates look when I type them: July z6, z0z1This is how emails look when I type them:...
  7. How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON: I have a Dell 17" 3000 series I7 laptop that works fine but for the fact is has no Number Lock light bizarre so you never know if the Number Lock is on or off. While the laptop always starts with Number Lock - ON, my poor typing often turns it off, only to find I'm typing...
  8. Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters: keyboard types numbers instead of letters in the command window. Also in some other apps. Not in notepad, not in google chrome not in file explorer. Pressing Num Lock doesn't change anything. Using an Asus UX31e Zenbook with external mouse, keyboard and monitor. Keyboard...
  9. How do I set up the called for PIN number instead of having to hit something else to put in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I set up the called for PIN number instead of having to hit something else to put in...: How do I set up the called for PIN number instead of having to hit something else to put in my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-the-called-for-pin-number-instead/c73f726a-6913-4175-8319-aa36264b8763
  10. Picture numbers instead of a photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture numbers instead of a photo: I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to store my photos. I am listing one of my rentals on Craigslist but when I click on Add Images I get a screen that shows just the image picture number ....no picture. That is how it is for all my picture folders. How can I change that so my...