Windows 10: How to set mail alerts to show delete button vs archive button

Discus and support How to set mail alerts to show delete button vs archive button in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Comparing 4 computers with: Windows 10 build 1703 x64 All have the latest updates from Windows Update All have the same version of the Mail client... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BadSeed, Jun 30, 2017.

1. BadSeed Win User

How to set mail alerts to show delete button vs archive button

Comparing 4 computers with:
    Windows 10 build 1703 x64
    All have the latest updates from Windows Update
    All have the same version of the Mail client from Windows Store
    All have Office 2016 without Outlook

1 computer shows the delete button in the email alert notification popup
    3 computers shows the archive button

Does anyone know what registry tweak or file(s) to replace in order to restore the delete button?

I've read numerous posts that Microsoft removed the delete button but they reference Outlook

Not sure why I have 1 machine showing the delete button though it was a clean install of Win10 RTM then it was upgraded to 1511 > 1607 > 1703.

The other 2 were clean installs of 1607 then upgraded to 1703

1 is a clean install of 1703

Thanks!!

:)

BadSeed, Jun 30, 2017

2. Mail notification change

I have found the solution to the archive instead of delete problem. Open the mail app, click the settings(gear) button at the bottom of the Folders bar to open the settings. Click on "Quick Actions" and change the Swipe left to Delete instead of archive.
    This changes the notification button from archive to delete. Hope this helps!

Justin

JustinEllison, Jun 30, 2017
  3. jrgator Win User
    Mail Archive

Santosh,

Thanks for the help. I followed the directions.

After loading my e-mail account, I selected an e-mail, clicked the "Archive" button in the upper right (between the "Forward" and "Delete" buttons).

The e-mail disappeared. Still can't find the "Archive" folder so I have no idea where the e-mail went.

Under "Folders" on the left are Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, All Mail, More.

If I click More, it shows All Folders, Inbox, Gmail, All Mail, Drafts, Important, Spam, Starred, Deleted Items, Drafts, Sent Items.

Can't find an Archive folder anywhere.

Now what?

Can I add an Archive or Saved Mail folder and just drag and drop stuff in it? If so, how?

jrgator, Jun 30, 2017
  4. BadSeed Win User

Even more confusing.

Using the computer that shows Delete button.
    I added a new email account today & the mail alert popup shows an Archive button.
    All the previous email accounts setup prior to today still shows the Delete button.

Settings from the Mail client account as well as the email accounts are identical.

Weird!!

BadSeed, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

1. How to set mail alerts to show delete button vs archive button - Similar Threads - set mail alerts

2. Delete button in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete button in explorer: Hi. I clicked the delete button with the trash icon on the network icon in Explorer on the left side of it. Then I did the same on the "This PC" icon. I didn't notice any effect, but now I'm worried that something could have happened. Pressing these buttons on such system...
  3. Delete button in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete button in explorer: Hi. I clicked the delete button with the trash icon on the network icon in Explorer on the left side of it. Then I did the same on the "This PC" icon. I didn't notice any effect, but now I'm worried that something could have happened. Pressing these buttons on such system...
  4. settings button

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    settings button: Why is my settings button not working, it shows up and when I run the mouse over it, It has the page but wont let me get it up on the screen, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-button/30bcf9b3-e282-4ab9-be22-da8bcbc51a7d
  5. Windows Mail Archive Button

Windows Mail Archive Button: Hello, In Windows mail I have three accounts set up. Two of them are gmail accounts, the third is a mail.com account. With the gmail accounts I have the option to quickly archive emails using the toolbar button or the "quick action" button on the email card itself. However,...
  6. Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.: Is there any problems using the 'power-button' on the tower vs. using the 'Shut Down' button on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-button-vs-shut-down-button-on-screen/b9c98a3c-b0d5-4436-8acd-39788bab7209
  7. Delete button for Mail Notification Banner

Delete button for Mail Notification Banner: For the notification banner for the included mail app in Windows 10, is it possible to add a "Delete" option? Or change any of the options ""Flag" & "Archive") to "Delete"? I'd like to immediately delete spam mail without having to go to/open the mail app. Someone else with...
  8. is it possible to reorder the top action buttons (reply, delete, archive, etc...)

is it possible to reorder the top action buttons (reply, delete, archive, etc...): Hi, i am often annoyed by the fact that the buttons in Windows Mail aren't the same as in Outlook.com. The position of the Delete button is frustrating in Windows Mail because it's on the far right, while in Outlook.com, it's the second button right after Reply. I don't...
  9. Mail notifications - Delete button possible?

Mail notifications - Delete button possible?: Hello, Is it possible to add a Delete button to Archive/Flag/Dismiss options on the notification for new mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-notifications-delete-button-possible/579139f8-e57d-4355-8d36-314d0823d18f
  10. No Delete Button

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Delete Button: Good day, Microsoft Team I'd like to delete a 2nd user account, I couldn't find "delete" button, there's only "block" button. I'm using Windows 10. Can you help me with it? Thank you, Terecia...