Windows 10: How to set MSR partition in a prepared unallocated partition ?

Discus and support How to set MSR partition in a prepared unallocated partition ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to set MSR partition in a prepared unallocated partition of a GPT partitioned disk ? display shown by a partition software; [img] After RE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by budi, Dec 18, 2017.

1. budi Win User

How to set MSR partition in a prepared unallocated partition ?

How to set MSR partition in a prepared unallocated partition of a GPT partitioned disk ?
    display shown by a partition software;

How to set MSR partition in a prepared unallocated partition ? [​IMG]

After RE partition 128 MB unallocated partition is already prepared, as one can see its status is none
    How to set and specify it as a MSR partition... by what tool (Diskpart maybe) ?

Thanks so much in advance..

:)

2. Error: We couldn’t update the system reserved partition

Try moving the 128MB MSR partition so there is no "Unallocated" space between it and the C: partition, then expand the System partition.

J W Stuart, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    The partitions on the disk selected for Installation are not in the recommended order for additional information about installing to GPT disk go to the Microsoft website and search for GPT

If you are reinstalling or wanting to Clean install, you may need to delete the Critical Partitions and leave unallocated space in that area.

The Critical partitions are the Recovery, EFI System, MSR and OS. You can only see the MSR partition in Diskpart (as explained above) or during an install on the Partitions window.

Saltgrass, Dec 18, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

diskpart
    select disk 0
    create par MSR size=128
    exit

topgundcp, Dec 18, 2017
  5. budi Win User
    No offset value ? I'm afraid of going to overlay and overwrite the other places else than the prepared partition..

6. budi Win User
    Originally Posted by - 41 Minutes Ago 07:04
    No offset value ? I'm afraid of going to overlay and overwrite the other places else than the prepared partition..

Originally Posted by topgundcp - 29 Minutes Ago 07:16
    There's only one unallocated partition (128MB) from the screen shot so I guess you can use:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    create par MSR
    exit

Without using the SIZE=128

Originally Posted by - 22 Minutes Ago 07:23
    Yes, but
    OFFSET= ?

if not specified afraid of going to random places

There's only one unallocated partition, without stating the SIZE, it will take the space available and create the offset accordingly. Where else does it go.

budi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to set MSR partition in a prepared unallocated partition ? - Similar Threads - set MSR partition

2. Moving Unallocated Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Unallocated Partition: I have some Unallocated space that is to the left of C:.I want to move it to the right of C: so I can add it to C:.Not sure how to do it.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-unallocated-partition/9be7e0e8-cebe-4772-94d4-a06138f8b2ed
  3. Merge unallocated partition with main partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merge unallocated partition with main partition: Hello volks! I've run into a problem... I cloned my 1tb HDD to a 2tb SSD yesterday. That was successfully completed, however, I'm now left with ~1tb unallocated storage on my cloned SSD. I now want to merge the unallocated storage with the Primary Partition where all the...
  4. Missing MSR partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing MSR partition: I have performed a new installation (with new motherboard, processor and SSD) of Windows 10 Professional (from an installation USB created today using the Download Tool on the Microsoft website). The installation appeared to go smoothly, but only the primary partition...
  5. Unallocated Partitions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Partitions?: does this disk management screen grab look ok? how about the two unallocated partitions in disk 0, can those be merged with c:? if so, is there a benefit? also, under volume it shows "disk 0 partition 2" and "disk 0 partition 5", is there a reason why the partitions numbers...
  6. Issues with MSR Partition

Issues with MSR Partition: Hi all, I'm trying to update Windows 10 (build 1809) to the latest build 18890 in 20H1. I'm getting errors stating that it can't write to the system reserved partition, which I am aware was deleted some time ago. I haven't had any problems with Windows until this. Attached...
  7. Removing unallocated Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing unallocated Partition: I have a 600 meg unallocated partition. I've tried different methods to allocate it to the C drive with no luck. I can't move it beside the C drive either. Any suggestions?...
  8. How to move Windows 10 MSR partition

How to move Windows 10 MSR partition: I have a Chuwi dual boot tablet I upgraded to Win 10 Pro 1709 that fails to upgrade to 1803 - not enough room. Online at Chuwi I found directions to successfully remove the android install and freed up 10.65 GB, but it is now before the Win 10 MSR partition that I can't move...
  9. unallocated partition

unallocated partition: Not often I look in disk management, but now I see that I have an unallocated partition on my SSD. I am certain that in the past there was not such a thing. My question is what might be a possible reason that such a partition develops? 96903
  10. partition showing unallocated need to restore partitions

partition showing unallocated need to restore partitions: i was changing a hdd from mbr to gpt and the pc crashed now i have a hdd showing unallocated need to restore partitions. Tried minipartitiontools and it found the 4 partitions easily but wont restore unless i buy for $60, is there a cheaper or free way to fix this...