Windows 10: How to set Office 2010 text sizes under latest build of Windows 10

Discus and support How to set Office 2010 text sizes under latest build of Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have just purchased a new Laptop with the latest build Windows 10 to replace an older machine and installed my old Office 2010. However, the size of... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Jules99, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Jules99 Win User

How to set Office 2010 text sizes under latest build of Windows 10

I have just purchased a new Laptop with the latest build Windows 10 to replace an older machine and installed my old Office 2010. However, the size of the text when entering data into MS Access I find that the displayed text is very thin and weedy - probably because of the new machine's finer screen resolution. It is hard to read with or without my spectacles!

How can I get MS Office to use a larger font ?

The latest Windows does not have the function of setting the font size via Settings->Display as on my old system (migrated from Win 7 to Win 10).

:)

Jules99, Jul 9, 2017
  2. G55663 Win User

Windows fall 2017 update - older software display problems

I've having display problems with MS Office 2010 and Adobe Acrobat XI after the recent update to Windows Home 10.0.16299 build 16299. My monitor is set to its native resolution of 1920 x 1200

These were displaying properly on previous Windows 10 versions after running the compatibility troubleshooter, but their menus and ribbons are now either huge or normal-sized but fuzzy. Outlook 2010 is particularly bad because all text, including the messages,
    is fuzzy.

I have run the compatibility troubleshooter on each one, which selects Windows 7 (for Office) or 8 (Adobe). The affected parts of the displays for Office are fuzzy after setting to earlier Windows versions and huge without compatibility set. Adobe Acrobat
    XI has huge text in the menus either with or without the compatibility set.

The Office programs displayed correctly only once after setting their compatibility to Windows 7 and restarting, but then returned to fuzzy after subsequent normal shutdowns and startups.

More modern software such as Chrome looks fine

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Geoff

G55663, Jul 9, 2017
  3. Too small installation window

Based on the screenshot, you are trying to install Office 2007.

The issue is the screen resolution.

Right click your desktop, then click Display Settings

Use the slider under Change the size of text, apps and other items

Check if the Office setup window is adjusted. If not, go back to the Display settings window, then click
    Advance display settings > scroll down the click Advanced sizing of text and other items.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 9, 2017
  4. Sualdam Win User

I'm not sure if this is what you are after, but if you go to File >> Settings then select the Datasheet option you can change the default font size there.

Sualdam, Jul 9, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Another option would be to adjust the zoom level. Office 2010 apps should have a zoom slider control in the bottom right corner.

Bree, Jul 9, 2017
  6. Sualdam Win User
    Annoyingly, Access 2016 doesn't - that was what I looked for.

You should see it on a 4K monitor! Well, you can... but only just *chuckle

Mind you, knowing Microsoft these days, they probably moved the relevant slider to Paint or Groove or something *Smile

Sualdam, Jul 9, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    I don't use Access, so can't comment much further, but there are some keyboard shortcuts associated with 'zoom' that may help - the Z key for example...

Keyboard shortcuts for Access - Access

Bree, Jul 9, 2017
  8. Jules99 Win User

Ah Ha! The bottom right corner was the clue I needed. There isn't a slider per se but there is the Form design icon. [Form data entry was the problem]. There I found that the font size was set as 8! Changing that to 10 has made a world of difference. Thanks.

Jules99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to set Office 2010 text sizes under latest build of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - set Office 2010

2. Office Building Seattle in Builds Under Construction Restaurant and Toilet Office Buildings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office Building Seattle in Builds Under Construction Restaurant and Toilet Office Buildings: Yes, I made this Since Old July-AugustProjects-SeptemberProjects-New October 2021- New November and December 2021 Year 2021s 20th century https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-building-seattle-in-builds-under/f0b68f2f-27f3-4704-a4b3-a20acc7ac5cf
  3. Office Building Seattle in Builds Under Construction Restaurant and Toilet Office Buildings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office Building Seattle in Builds Under Construction Restaurant and Toilet Office Buildings: Yes, I made this Since Old July-AugustProjects-SeptemberProjects-New October 2021- New November and December 2021 Year 2021s 20th century https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-building-seattle-in-builds-under/f0b68f2f-27f3-4704-a4b3-a20acc7ac5cf
  4. Office Building Seattle in Builds Under Construction Restaurant and Toilet Office Buildings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to set MS Office Professional 2010 as default

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to set MS Office Professional 2010 as default: My friend's (Win 10) laptop says "you do not have OFFICE" installed when she tries to open email attachments. Today she installed MS Office 2010 and is still getting the same message when trying to open attachments. How can she set the newly installed 2010 edition as default....
  6. Office 2010 on windows 10

Office 2010 on windows 10: I just installed Windows 10 a couple weeks ago upgrading from Windows 7 and all my Office 2010 programs became tiny icons and would not open. About a week after install my desktop restarted in the middle of the night and the next morning these programs were large icons and...
  7. Text and Icon Size in Windows Office Applications

Text and Icon Size in Windows Office Applications: Somehow the text and icon size in my Windows office applications is annoyingly large. How do I change the size of the icon and the text on the menu bar?...
  8. how to set text size

how to set text size: title bar text size is too small https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-text-size/e988a097-eac3-4c76-98c3-3abbccc2c819
  9. Office 2010 in Windows 10

Office 2010 in Windows 10: Is there some way to make the icons larger in Office 2010 ie: save, undo, redo, etc. Also how do you make the ribbon larger? I type with my eyes so it's hard to hit the icons when looking at them. Thanks for your help....
  10. Text size Office 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Text size Office 10: I want to increase the size of the text in my email screen which is very small. My screen setting is 125% because I have bad vision but the email side of Office10 (Outlook) remains at either pitch 8 or 9. Can anyone helpo please? 95198