Windows 10: How to set passive mode for ftp?

Discus and support How to set passive mode for ftp? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had this set, but I can't find it, and I'm guessing an update reverted the setting... I'm trying to ftp to my FireTV, so I have a link in explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bahnzo, May 26, 2017.

1. Bahnzo Win User

How to set passive mode for ftp?

I had this set, but I can't find it, and I'm guessing an update reverted the setting...

I'm trying to ftp to my FireTV, so I have a link in explorer to "ftp://192.168.1.4*Tongueort#" and it was working fine, but now it's telling me I need to set passive mode. I've googled all over and I can't find anything showing how to set it in Windows 10.

Any help?

:)

Bahnzo, May 26, 2017
  2. Frederik Long, May 26, 2017
  3. Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, May 26, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

The Windows FTP command-line client (ftp.exe) does not support the passive mode, on any version of Windows. It makes it pretty useless nowadays due to ubiquitous firewalls and NATs. get the free https://filezilla-project.org/ thats great little prog

Samuria, May 26, 2017
  5. Bahnzo Win User
    You'll note that I stated I'm using the file explorer, not a command line. Filezilla certainly works, but it's very simple to setup a link in explorer for a quick ftp w/o having to install and use an outside program.

I have found the answer (after way too many hours searching). The easy way is to search for "Internet Options" in the Win10 search, and that will provide a link to the older style options. For some reason I can't find a way to access this in the newer Win10 config menus. Then it's "Advanced" and in there you'll find a "Passive FTP" check box. Problem solved...finally.

Bahnzo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to set passive mode for ftp? - Similar Threads - set passive mode

2. Windows Security/defender not activating after puting avast in passive mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security/defender not activating after puting avast in passive mode.: I am currently using windows 10 and like to use avast for weekly deep scans and use windows default securit/defender for real time protection. Even after puting avast in passive mode it still claims avast is the main defender and gives me no option to change it. Even after...
  3. Windows Security/defender not activating after puting avast in passive mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security/defender not activating after puting avast in passive mode.: I am currently using windows 10 and like to use avast for weekly deep scans and use windows default securit/defender for real time protection. Even after puting avast in passive mode it still claims avast is the main defender and gives me no option to change it. Even after...
  4. Windows Security/defender not activating after puting avast in passive mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  6. How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10: I have set up FTP on a windows 10 PC and have no problem accessing the file from another network with my public IP address. As soon as I assign a self assigns SSL certificate I can't access the drive. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?...
  7. How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]An FTP or File Transfer Protocol Server is a public or private server which can host files that can be accessed locally as well as globally. It is seamless, flexible and fast which means that you can store any kind of [...] This post How to set up an FTP...
  8. Defender in Passive Mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender in Passive Mode?: I installed Avast (free version) on my new pc because I have had good success with Avast on my Mac for years. I have repeatedly read that if third-party AV software is installed, Defender will automatically be disabled. This does not appear to be the case because in the...
  9. passive or active adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    passive or active adapter: I just purchased an EVGA GTX 1060 and I have 2 monitors that have a DVI port and a VGA port. If I use a DVI to display port adapter or cable, does the adapter or cable need to be passive or active? 89978
  10. Setting up a simple FTP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up a simple FTP: Hello there! I've decided to try to set up a small FTP server to use so that I can easily work on a project from home and from school on two different computers and it isn't going too well. I made an FTP server a few years ago so I know it's possible that I'm just making a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set ftp passive mode=0 ftp