Windows 10: How to Set Screen and Text oolors Back to Default?

Discus and support How to Set Screen and Text oolors Back to Default? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was mesing around and now background is black with yellow text. I did a google search on the problem, but I can't read the text, much of it is blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mr Ed, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

How to Set Screen and Text oolors Back to Default?

I was mesing around and now background is black with yellow text. I did a google search on the problem, but I can't read the text, much of it is blue against black, for some reason. Please help. Thanks. (I hope I can read your posts)

:)

Mr Ed, Feb 14, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

how do i set desktop text and resolution back to default setting

Right click the desktop, click Display settings.

lacrumb, Feb 14, 2017
  3. how do i set desktop text and resolution back to default setting

how do I set desktop text and resolution back to default settings

MichaelWoodTH, Feb 14, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Sounds like you may have invoked a High Contrast Theme. Go to Settings/Personalization/Colors/High Contrast settings.

Edwin, Feb 14, 2017
  5. Mr Ed Win User
    Thanks, Edwin. Before I read your post I had to use my computer right away, but couldn't read the screen well enough. So, I wound up resetting it. That eliminated the problem. Of course, it took a long time and I lost number of programs that needed to be re-installed. Anyhow, I'll make note of your suggestion in case I screw it up again. *chuckle

Mr Ed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Set Screen and Text oolors Back to Default? - Similar Threads - Set Screen Text

2. Desktop Screen back to default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Screen back to default setting: G'day, I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me how I can get my Desktop Screen back to its default settings. Thank you Perry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-screen-back-to-default-setting/9f40bf72-ecc8-4983-84db-c3f29c8d4a5a
  3. How to change back to default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change back to default settings: Hey, I have been downloadings MODS for the sims 4, but i accidently right clicked one of the programs/mods i downloaded and clicked "make iternet explorer" my default to open the files. I didnt want this, how do i change it back??...
  4. Set Kate Text editor as default app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Set Kate Text editor as default app: I installed text editor kate using the windows 10 store. Kate does not show in the options to set default app for text files, I can't go to the location to manually set it because windows is blocking me from accessing windows store app folder Windowsapp. How can I access the...
  5. How to reset shell folders back to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset shell folders back to default settings?: So I messed up and deleted the Start-up folder and Maintenance folder and now I have issues with start up programs not responding or showing in Task Manager even if I check the box on the programs to start up, is there anyway I can reset the shell folders so I can get the...
  6. Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults: For some reason only known to myself, I've messed around with Word settings and now I need to set it back to default (as it comes from Microsoft). Any help out there? *Redface 146971
  7. how to set my computer back to its default setting

how to set my computer back to its default setting: how reset my default setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-my-computer-back-to-its-default-setting/227bd7c9-e090-405d-b777-633725473b7d
  8. setting colors back to default

setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  9. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  10. Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.

Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.: Following clean install I set the 'Icons' text to size 11 and bold. This was fine all day yesterday and through a few shutdowns and restarts. Today and those settings have reverted to default, but not only that, the options to change them back again are greyed out as can be...