Windows 10: How to set up a VPN that iOS 10 devices can connect to?

Discus and support How to set up a VPN that iOS 10 devices can connect to? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Did you try iPhone and Android - SoftEther VPN Project ? Unfortunately the tutorial I followed was not precise enough and my attempt to get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hoggorm, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Hoggorm Win User

How to set up a VPN that iOS 10 devices can connect to?

Unfortunately the tutorial I followed was not precise enough and my attempt to get this working failed...

Hoggorm, Oct 1, 2016
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

@Hoggorm

If it's just for a Radio station / TV then you actually don't need a VPN -- RDP will work just fine.

Provided you can simply LOGON to your HOME computer and then start IE or another browser the Internet application run from that browser (on the remote HOME computer) will simply use your HOME ISP's address as the Internet so you can gain access to region restricted stuff.

When I was in the UK I got a SKY Q subscription with a UK ISP -- accessing that anywhere else remotely allows access to SKY Q which I can't get properly outside UK / ROI (Ireland).

So long as your UPLOAD speed is fast enough - for TV it should be at least 10Mib/s - radio --much lower required then why not simply RDP (remote desktop) connect to your home computer --you do need W10 PRO though on the remote computer.

For most direct Fibre cable connections (usually standard in Nordic, Isl, Finland) your IP address won't actually change once you've booted up the home computer.

All you need to do is to port forward on your home router the RDP port to the computer you want to access --easily done from the Routers logon menu.

Much cheaper and simpler than a VPN. If you only have HOME W10 version then it's worth the upgrade as this will be easier and cheaper to set up than anything else without spending a lot of time on it.

The other thing - WAMP server on Windows on your home computer will also work but RDP is easier.

I don't like teamviewer and also they might get a bit "antsy" if you start streaming a lot of video through it. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 11, 2016
  3. mars765 Win User
    try to contact to purevpn's live chat on their website. They helped me in this so i think they will also help you live.

mars765, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to set up a VPN that iOS 10 devices can connect to?

1. How to set up a VPN that iOS 10 devices can connect to? - Similar Threads - set VPN iOS

2. How to set up VPN Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up VPN Connection: Hi, This is Aadi I wantes to ask how to set up a VPN connection on windows 10. actually the problem is that i dont know the server name or address i have both ethernet and wifi please help.regards...
  3. How to set up VPN Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set up VPN Connection: Hi, This is Aadi I wantes to ask how to set up a VPN connection on windows 10. actually the problem is that i dont know the server name or address i have both ethernet and wifi please help.regards...
  4. How to set up VPN Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Setting up a VPN

Setting up a VPN: I get an error message CANNOT REOLVE SERVER - what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-vpn/80967ba6-f364-4716-ae5b-c56c81aeb873
  6. How to Set up self VPN server

How to Set up self VPN server: I've been trying to set up self VPN server on my computer but keep on failing. I keep on getting lot's of error. Is there any clear intrusions to guide me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-self-vpn-server/e1a899e7-8571-47c2-8560-6d3432ee0699
  7. Setting up a VPN

Setting up a VPN: When setting up a VPN, which address do I use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-vpn/23683ad0-f682-4e6f-9236-c2a64123199e
  8. Issues setting up windows 10 VPN server, can't connect

Issues setting up windows 10 VPN server, can't connect: Hello, I've been having issues setting a VPN in w10. I keep getting this error when I try to connect: "The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might be unreachable. If this connection is attempting to use an L2TP/IPsec...
  9. How can I set up VPN, with password, at home?

How can I set up VPN, with password, at home?: Hi, I was wondering if there exists a tutorial or similar that show me how I can set up a VPN, with password, using a laptop running Windows 10 at home. I'd like to connect to this VPN at home using another laptop, also running Windows 10, at work. This was at least...
  10. Set up and Add a VPN Connection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set up and Add a VPN Connection in Windows 10: How to: Set up and Add a VPN Connection in Windows 10 How to Set up and Add a VPN Connection in Windows 10 [img] Information Whether it's for work or personal use, you can connect to a VPN (virtual private network) on your Windows 10 PC. A VPN connection can help...