Windows 10: How To Set Up User Accounts On First Installing?

Discus and support How To Set Up User Accounts On First Installing? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I mean I've done it wrong. How to get it right. I just made a new win10 install on a new hard drive. And without thinking I gave my username as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by abrogard, Apr 9, 2017.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Set Up User Accounts On First Installing?

I mean I've done it wrong. How to get it right.

I just made a new win10 install on a new hard drive.

And without thinking I gave my username as george - my son's name - and went ahead.

Now he's an admin login. Which is no good.

When I first realised I thought I'd go create another user with admin and reset george down to user.

It is not that simple in win10, is it? I got involved in all sorts of stuff about microsoft passwords and windows passwords and my yahoo account password and god knows what....

What is the simplest way for me to fix this?

Get rid of the george admin account, give me admin and access to his files and make him a simple user?

:)

abrogard, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Allan Mej Win User

How to find my Windows password?

Hi Jacob,

User account password can be retrieved if you've set up your account using a Microsoft account. Before settings up a PIN, a user is always required to set up a User account password first. We may need further information and verification to further assist
    your query. May we know how did you set up a PIN code without knowing your User account password?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Allan Mej, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Problem With Name of User Account

I have two questions. 1. How was I able to have my name "Mike", display under C:/Users/Mike when I have two user accounts. I set up my Local User Account fist "Mike H", then I set up my MS User Account "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***".
    Does "Mike" show up under C:/Users/Mike, because I set up the Local Account first?

2. If I remove my wife's MS User Account and Local Account, then set up a Local Account for her FIRST, using the name Jennifer, will that change the name displayed in C:/Users/ to Jennifer?"

If I was able to get "Mike" to display for may dual accounts, I would think that I can do the same for Jennifer.

Thank you.

Mackenrick, Apr 9, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2017
  5. abrogard Win User
    Thank you very much. That was very helpful. Job done.

*Smile

abrogard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Set Up User Accounts On First Installing? - Similar Threads - Set User Accounts

2. A single user has to set up the monitors the first time they log in. But if another user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A single user has to set up the monitors the first time they log in. But if another user...: Seeking thoughts and advice for a single user has to set up the monitors the first time they log in. But if another user logs into the workstation the single user has to set the monitors back up again. Deleting that users profile seems to help initially but the issue...
  3. A single user has to set up the monitors the first time they log in. But if another user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A single user has to set up the monitors the first time they log in. But if another user...: Seeking thoughts and advice for a single user has to set up the monitors the first time they log in. But if another user logs into the workstation the single user has to set the monitors back up again. Deleting that users profile seems to help initially but the issue...
  4. How to set up separate user account for Microsoft work?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set up separate user account for Microsoft work?: I am trying to set up a sperate login account on my PC for my work email along with files and apps associated with the company. I have connected my work email to my personal account in Accounts > Access Work of School Account, and I have my account set up under Emails and...
  5. Cannot set up local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up local user account: Hello I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the person tries to sign in, firstly their name does not appear as the other user - only the generic 'other user' account appears....
  6. How to set up bluetooth for the first time?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set up bluetooth for the first time?: Idk much about this I would like some help??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-bluetooth-for-the-first-time/3a4cff7a-f063-4b1d-8f45-e8a9421257b6
  7. Setting up User Accounts

Setting up User Accounts: Hi, I'm a new refugee from Windows 7, with not much computer knowledge. On W7 I had one admin account and one user account, so that I could use the latter for daily use and just go admin for downloads and backups. I'd like to do the same with W10, but this new system with...
  8. First time set-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    First time set-up: This is my first time building a computer and I am currently installing Windows 10. I went through and got through Media Creation Tool on my laptop and put in Windows 10 at 64 bit without the recommended settings because I would be installing on another device. When I get to...
  9. How to set up a Passwordless User Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up a Passwordless User Account on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft is constantly making changes to the sign-in experience of Windows 10. It indirectly makes it easy to be accessed and more secure in many ways. With Windows 10 v1903, Microsoft is bringing in a password-less User Accounts authentication. This [...]...
  10. Setting up a separated user account

Setting up a separated user account: Kind of a weird question, though I'm sure you can guess what I'm asking about. Is there a way to create a user account that is hidden from the other users on a computer, or at least hidden from the initial login screen? Even more preferable, though I'm sure probably not...