Windows 10: How to Set Windows Explorer in List View All the Time?

Discus and support How to Set Windows Explorer in List View All the Time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In windows explorer, files aren't arranged the way you them all the time. Sometimes files are arranged in details view, other times they're arranged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Mar 10, 2017.

1. yahanna Win User

How to Set Windows Explorer in List View All the Time?

In windows explorer, files aren't arranged the way you them all the time. Sometimes files are arranged in details view, other times they're arranged in list view. Is there a way to get windows explorer to set all files in list view?

:)

yahanna, Mar 10, 2017

2. Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10

There's nothing you can do.

They all tell you to go to Folder Options and choose your preference, however good luck with that. Whatever your selection it will be temporary at best.

This has been an ongoing omission by Microsoft for years now.

Maybe one day they will wake up and do something about it.

OuelletteProperties, Mar 10, 2017
  3. 1Family Win User
    Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10

On my computer File Explorer in Windows 10 defaults to the Details View. That is useful some times, but by default I want File Explorer to open to List View except for Pictures. How can I set the default view to List View?

1Family, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 10, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    This useful Brink tutorial will also allow you to customize columns, depending on type of file; eg- for Music files, see artist, album name, etc -
    Folder Template - Change in Windows 10

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Set Windows Explorer in List View All the Time? - Similar Threads - Set Explorer List

2. Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10: On my computer, File Explorer in Windows 10 defaults to the icons view. That is useful sometimes, but by default, I want File Explorer to permanently open documents to List View except for Pictures. How can I set the default view to List View?By default, when I open File...
  3. Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10

Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10: How do you set the default windows view to list? I've seen similar posts but like other users the default list view does not seem to stick [instead details view always comes back]....
  4. Requesting default option of "List View" in all File Explorer files and documents

Requesting default option of "List View" in all File Explorer files and documents: This is a ridiculous waste of time to have to constantly re-set the view to "List". Please find a way to make the List View the default for all docs and files....
  5. Trouble with List View in Explorer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with List View in Explorer...: In Windows 10; is there a way to view different file types like you use to be able to in W7? I’m not sure if this is due to an update or what, but what I mean is I like a nice clean look. In a folder, I like to view by list, and have the list organized by file types. So...
  6. How to view Windows Error list...?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to view Windows Error list...?: In XP,- you could easily get a detailed view what was causing errors, and hopefully fix it. I had 3.6mb of errors, during my last cleanup, but can find no way to view what they are? 151212
  7. How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?: Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that? 111614
  8. File explorer view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view settings: I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the default view for searches, and indeed all views in File Explorer, to be Details. How do I change the default? 105136
  9. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271
  10. How to make list view default for all folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make list view default for all folders?: I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there another way to make "list" view the default setting for all the folders? thanks for the help 73262