Windows 10: How to share files now there's no Homegroup?

Discus and support How to share files now there's no Homegroup? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At the risk of sounding stupid, now 1803 has removed Homegroup, how do I share/transfer files over to other computers on a network/linked up to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gelbs, May 6, 2018.

1. Gelbs Win User

How to share files now there's no Homegroup?

At the risk of sounding stupid, now 1803 has removed Homegroup, how do I share/transfer files over to other computers on a network/linked up to the same router? The Homegroup never worked properly anyway, probably due to Windows Firewall being on, but sometimes certain computers/laptop would show up anyway and I could transfer across. Now it doesn't appear to work at all. One computer can see my laptop, but access is denied, whereas another pc can see the others and access it, but the folders are blank.

:)

Gelbs, May 6, 2018
Thema:

How to share files now there's no Homegroup?

1. How to share files now there's no Homegroup? - Similar Threads - share files there's

2. Sharing, homegroups, scanning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing, homegroups, scanning: I'm in my small office where my friend shares space with me; we share internet services also. I'm trying to set a network folder for scanned documents and I'm guessing I need a homegroup so I can share files & media with the other computer. I don't want to share with the...
  3. File sharing, replacing the useful homegroup

File sharing, replacing the useful homegroup: After a good deal of bad words about the removal of homegroup and about the "easy" Windows 10 file sharing, squeezing my brain to the last neuron and thanks to the help of the community too ... *** I succeeded in having my 2 PCs on my home network visible one each other on...
  4. homegroup sharing

homegroup sharing: I have a new laptop with windows 10 Pro. I have an older home pc with windows 10 home. I set up homegroup on the laptop and received the homegroup code but do not see where to enter that share code on the home pc. I just want to have access to pictures on both. I setup...
  5. How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available?

How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available?: Just updated to latest insider build. I have a desktop that acts as a server to my laptop connected to TV. Latest insider build no longer has Homegroup. Is there a work around ? 102272
  6. Lost network/homegroup sharing

Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  7. How to share files now there's no Homegroup?

How to share files now there's no Homegroup?: Think I've kind of sorted it. Only weird thing is, is sometimes the computers on the network show up, sometimes they don't!
  8. Sharing using Homegroup

Sharing using Homegroup: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this strange behaviour please? I am trying to share some folders from my laptop to my TV (Sony Bravia kdl-46EX700). The TV is connected to the network via a wire whilst the laptop is wifi. Selecting or deselecting Share with...
  9. I want to share files and printers without HOMEGROUPS.

I want to share files and printers without HOMEGROUPS.: I'm about ready to put this computer through a wall. It keeps telling me that I've been invited to join a homegroup. When I try that, I get a long wait, then it tells me that there isn't a home group but I can create one. *MadI DONT WANT ANY HOMEGROUP.*Mad << Read...
  10. Homegroup Printer sharing woes

Homegroup Printer sharing woes: I have a bunch of pcs, (1 laptop, 2 desktops) at home all running windows 10. They were happily sharing printers over a homegroup I had set up on computer A my biggest machine. Now none can print over the network. My printer had vanished form devices but I have got...