Windows 10: How to share HDD via LAN in Windows 10

Discus and support How to share HDD via LAN in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to make all HDD's of one PC available to another, and vice versa. Both Computers are in the same WORKGROUP. I right-clicked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by randmin, Jan 27, 2018.

1. randmin Win User

How to share HDD via LAN in Windows 10

Hello, I am trying to make all HDD's of one PC available to another, and vice versa. Both Computers are in the same WORKGROUP. I right-clicked the drive, select 'advanced sharing', enabled sharing and set permissions for "everybody" to "full access". Yet, when I try to connect from the other PC, it says "no permissions". Do I need to restart the PC's? (I did not try as there is service software running that we can't stop without a very good reason). Is there anything else to be aware of?
    Additionally, I wonder if there is another good reason to map the drive to a letter besides the obvious (to get access over the letter/path), e.g. to make the connection a permanent one? I am not very into Windows Networks yet, so I am looking forward to your answers and wish you a nice sunday evening.
    Best regards,

:)

randmin, Jan 27, 2018
  2. Nazalur Win User

Booklet 3G: BIOS, CMOS settings etc.

I wasn't able to boot from LAN via Cisco (Linksys) RJ-45 USB network adapter, even having been turned off boot from internal HDD.

Have anyone tried to boot a Booklet via USB LAN adapter? Any success?

Nazalur, Jan 27, 2018
  3. Followed a Youtube video on how to share data files over lan now my internet connection is gone.

Hi, I followed this video on how to share files via lan:

(5) How to share files b/w two computer using a LAN cable (NEW) - YouTube

I had internet on my second PC via a lan cable connected to my primary PC, now, after that tweak my internet is gone. Sadly I don't remember the IPv4 settings that I had before I had to change it following the video. Now I'm stuck, can someone please help?

WilleneKirsten1, Jan 27, 2018
  4. bro67 Win User

You would need a NAS box for the drive to be installed or spend the money on a unit that allows you to hotswap and share off of the network. Those are usually dog slow compared to a NAS.

bro67, Jan 27, 2018
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey randmin,
    You're probably going to need to set both the Share & NTFS Permissions on the HDD to Everyone/Full Control or set the appropriate Share & NTFS Permissions for the necessary User.

IMO ... sharing the whole HDD is probably not a good idea. I'd only share the necessary folders ( ie. \Users\Username Folder) that you need access to.

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to share HDD via LAN in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - share HDD via

2. How To Share Pictures Folder Across the Lan?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Share Pictures Folder Across the Lan?: I have shared my e: drive okay but when I tried to set 'pictures' to shared it didn't work. The folder doesn't show up. Would it be because I didn't select any specific users? I didn't do that with the e: drive either and it didn't matter. And while I"m here I might ask...
  3. How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Whenever we work on multiple systems, sending files over the connection is what we prefer the most. After all being on the same LAN connection […] This article How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  4. Lan via Lan-Adapter?

Lan via Lan-Adapter?: Is it possible to test your internet connection via this adapter and complain if the service is not provided, or do you have to go via a permanently installed one? [ATTACH] Lan über Lan-Adapter testem?
  5. Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems

Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems: I am at my wits end. What in the world has Microsoft done to the networking and shares access in Windows 10. I have spent days of research trying to solve the "access not allowed", "cannot access network path", cannot map to my NAS, cannot see other computer on my network....
  6. Windows 10 Pro LAN shares not updating contents

Windows 10 Pro LAN shares not updating contents: For whatever reason, if I drop something new in a shared directory it does not show up unless I go to the share/properties/share and hit "share" again. This was never an issue in Windows 7. What is up? TIA!...
  7. Sharing A HDD In Windows 10 PRO

Sharing A HDD In Windows 10 PRO: I have Windows 10 Pro and I want to share a hard drive across my private network. I go to the drive, click properties, sharing, advanced sharing, share this folder, permissions, everyone, full control (at this point they can see the shared drive and open it up, but get an...
  8. LAN file sharing

LAN file sharing: I want to file share between my desktop computer, which has an ethernet connection to the router and my laptop which is connected by wifi. The desktop connection is called N***** 6 and the wifi network is called B*********R. The laptop can't "see" the desktop and vice versa....
  9. I want to connect a computer with a laptop via LAN to make data sharing

I want to connect a computer with a laptop via LAN to make data sharing: Hi Everyone, I want to connect a computer with a laptop via LAN to make data sharing easier. but I have a hard time doing it, looking at references on the web or on youtube, it doesn't work for me. first reference, change ipv4 computer and laptop, then set configuration in...
  10. Sharing HDD via Wifi - Questions

Sharing HDD via Wifi - Questions: I would like to share my desktop HDD video files to my Laptop via Wifi in my house. Both my computers are windows 10 and I am the only user in my house. Also, am on 2.4Ghz band with "N" router but upgrading to ".ac" in few days. Apart from the below questions, will I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. share hdd windows 10

2. How to share HDD via LAN in Windows 10