Windows 10: How to share public dropbox file

Discus and support How to share public dropbox file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I find the link to a public file in dropbox so I can share the file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Songatehe, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Songatehe Win User

How to share public dropbox file

How do I find the link to a public file in dropbox so I can share the file.

:)

Songatehe, Aug 13, 2018

2. Unable to open Dropbox file sent to me

I received a file in my yahoo.ca email box. The file shows that it is shared by Dropbox. When I click the button to open the file, my Gmail account shows up. Why does my Dropbox did not open to receive this file?

I downloaded the file, but none of the application listed by Microsoft allows me to open the file.

Any suggestions?

RozaBulyaki, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Public documents sharing

My question is how do other computers see it as homegroup window does not list public folders?

I know how to put files into public it is the next step that I am not understanding in setting up the network/computers etc to see the public folders.

I have spent a day trying to understand/working out how to do this it is not obvious as the homegroup page only shows library folders that I do not want to share.

So how do I get the homegroup to show public folders?

peterprewett, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

WD Redefines Personal Cloud With Dropbox Integration

You can share files with select people. If you're going to share files with the world, get you're own server and bandwidth. Dropbox isn't for hosting files to the world.

Aquinus, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. How to share public dropbox file - Similar Threads - share public dropbox

2. How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?: Hi,How can I access in File Explorer this OneDrive public shared folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjhBd_jsyzaBgYEkJ7iSGCqoUK2XNA?e=kKawIHI can see it online after entering the password. But I do not see how to access it from my Windows 11 pc. Regards...
  3. How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?: Hi,How can I access in File Explorer this OneDrive public shared folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjhBd_jsyzaBgYEkJ7iSGCqoUK2XNA?e=kKawIHI can see it online after entering the password. But I do not see how to access it from my Windows 11 pc. Regards...
  4. How Can I Now Share Video File in Dropbox?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Now Share Video File in Dropbox?: I have been trying to share a video about 2.6 gigs size with public w/o specifying e-mails. Initially there was a Public folder where I copied the video and was able to copy a link to send out. However, to viewers video would stop at 1.0 hr, but it is about 1.s hrs. long. I...
  5. How Can I Now Share Video File in Dropbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Now Share Video File in Dropbox?: I have been trying to share a video about 2.6 gigs size with public w/o specifying e-mails. Initially there was a Public folder where I copied the video and was able to copy a link to send out. However, to viewers video would stop at 1.0 hr, but it is about 1.s hrs. long. I...
  6. How Can I Now Share Video File in Dropbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Public Sharing

Public Sharing: I have three machines on a wired home network, all running Windows 10 1909. All three are part of the same Workgroup, all three have Public Sharing turned on, yet Istill can't get this to work properly. Machine's One and Two won't show any other connected machines. Machine...
  8. How to share a file or folder on Dropbox.

How to share a file or folder on Dropbox.: I am trying to share a Dropbox file. I open the dialog box to share, enter the email address and it says Windows cant find this person. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-a-file-or-folder-on-dropbox/e160e190-d6ff-479e-99be-3b07baef1c24"
  9. How to share a file or folder on Dropbox.

How to share a file or folder on Dropbox.: I am trying to share a dropbox file. I open the dialog box to share, enter the email address and it says Windows cant find this person. The email is not in my contacts list but why should that matter? Any advice?...
  10. dropbox sharing

dropbox sharing: I am trying to share a dropbox file. I open the dialog box to share, enter the email address and it says Windows cant find this person. The email is not in my contacts list but why should that matter? Any advice?...