Windows 10: How to share usb on the router in the network folder in Ftp Windows 10

Discus and support How to share usb on the router in the network folder in Ftp Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, how can I share on the Net (Asus DSL-N14U router), usb in Ftp with W10, if possible as W7 described in the image? Thank you [img] 100450 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alpha45, Dec 15, 2017.

1. alpha45 Win User

How to share usb on the router in the network folder in Ftp Windows 10

Hello,
    how can I share on the Net (Asus DSL-N14U router), usb in Ftp with W10, if possible as W7 described in the image?

Thank you

How to share usb on the router in the network folder in Ftp Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

alpha45, Dec 15, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Cannot access files on my external

I dunno

Try control panels, Program & Features and Turn windows features on/off & put a check mark in the SMB1.0 maybe if you dont see the drive. If its asking for a password its asking for the routers login & password.

~

According to win10 file history here, on nov28th, suddenly it couldn't locate my routers usb connected m.2 ssd, which is in a cheap $10 usb3.1 enclosure - a basic remote hard drive attached to my asus routers usb3 port with the routers samba share server
    enabled.

Worked fine for a couple years and then suddenly windows cant see its samba share.

Tried and tried different ways to see the samba connection again from win10 and finally settled on enabling the routers ftp server and letting explorer have an ftp connection to it. = Right click in explorer and add a network location to ftp://loginHow to share usb on the router in the network folder in Ftp Windows 10 :password@192.168.0.10/840EVO/USB3/

Works fine but of course for whatever reasons, Microsoft wont do file history via ftp.

Just yesterday or day before still occasionally looking for my samba share I tried from run line \\RT-AC87U\USB3 finally, suddenly again, win10 had found it and the login password box popped up for the router login.

Its different though.. its not in the regular explorer tree Network folder, win10 used to always discover it there in the past, but no longer will. So I had to make it a mapped drive in explorer for file history to find it.

'Mike P, Dec 15, 2017
  3. Network Shared folder access/permission issue

Andre, as I understand your suggestion of setting private profile is to make myself network visible, did that, moreover I turned on sharing on all profiles, my PC visibility is there on all other network devices. The problem is the folder I want to access/share
    is not in my laptop, rather it is router folder of the external storage device attached to router USB port.

As it is router folder it is not allowing me to interfere/add users for permission purposes.

How can I assign/authenticate my user account on this folder, as router does not have a evolved OS as windows is.

Thanks,

Saad.Saeed, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

To share via FTP you need an FTP server on the PC and to share on the net you will have to forward ports to the pc

Samuria, Dec 15, 2017
  5. alpha45 Win User
    Hi
    Windows 10 is in dual boot with windows 7, and with windows 7 it works as an image so the server and ports are already forwarded.
    Thank you

Windows 7

alpha45, Dec 15, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey alpha45,
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but It appears you mean regular network sharing (ie. accessing the Router/USB Share from Win10). If so, can you access the Router/USB Share by doing \\DSL-N14U or \\USB_SHARE_IP in File Explorer? If so then you could Map a Network Drive.

FYI ... Your specs say you're running Win10 1607. If you've updated to Win10 1709, then it might be a Win10 1709 smbv1 issue. You'd need to know what samba version your router is running to know for sure ... See the links below for more info.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...in-windows-and

Eagle51, Dec 15, 2017
  7. alpha45 Win User
    Hi,
    That's right, you can not see usb shared on the router, as it happens for W7.
    The S.O. is the V. 1703 pro in dual boot with W7 Ultimate.
    Using \\ DSL-N14U or \\ USB_SHARE_IP inFile Explorer I get as in image.
    Thank you

alpha45, Dec 17, 2017
  8. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Dec 19, 2017
  9. alpha45 Win User
    Hi,
    good year,
    Unfortunately I did not understand what you advise me, this is the situation:

I wanted to tell you that if I log in from FTP, I can access the folders.
    Thank you

alpha45, Jan 2, 2018
  10. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey alpha45,
    Make sure you can connect to the Router USB File Share from the Win10 PC > File Explorer > Address Bar using \\DSL-N14U\sda1 or \\192.168.1.1\sda1

If you can access the Router USB File Share, then you could map network share - Map Network Drive in Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

Note: I don't know what Samba version that router uses, so not sure if you need you need SMBv1 on the Win10 PC or not to get the Router USB File Share to show in Win10 > File Explorer > Network. If you do need SMBv1 then you should only need the SMBv1 Client.

FYI ... SMBv1 is deprecated. See this link for more info - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709

Eagle51, Jan 2, 2018
  11. Kbird Win User
    As Eagle51 said try this:

Kbird, Jan 6, 2018
  12. alpha45 Win User
    alpha45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to share usb on the router in the network folder in Ftp Windows 10 - Similar Threads - share usb router

2. How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain.This article will show you how to setup and share files and folders over a network in Windows 10 and...
  3. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  4. Network Shared Folder

Network Shared Folder: I set permissions for a user to a network shared folder, and then mapped the network folder on her laptop. At first everything seems fine, but then one of the subfolders disappear, and later reappears. This has been going on intermittently since. Any ideas why this is...
  5. How to share a folder on laptop to desktop on local network (or usb)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to share a folder on laptop to desktop on local network (or usb)?: I need access to a specific folder on my laptop on my desktop pc. how would I go about this? I'm not familiar with the network sharing center, is there a detailed guide in which I can set this up? even better.. is there a way to do this through usb directly? thanks...
  6. Network Media Drives, Shared folders, Router USB Hard Disk

Network Media Drives, Shared folders, Router USB Hard Disk: I know this seems odd asking on the Windows 10 forum because I am using a Netgear c3700v2 usb hard disk. Besides the commodity I have a strong problem. It appears that while I have a folder set to media share with All read access and Admin write access I have to use...
  7. Windows 10 Network Folder Share

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Network Folder Share: I want to share a folder named 'TV & Film' to anyone who connects to my network. Right now, it works as the PC shows up on other computers however, it still requests a login and password for some reason. In network & sharing centre advanced settings, I've changed...
  8. Connecting USB to Router to share file's

Connecting USB to Router to share file's: I would like to occasionally share file's like TV shows on my home network . I don't need a Nas as I do this very infrequently. My router does NOT have a USB port. Is it possible to connect a USB to my router using a USB to Ethernet adapter and then see those files on my...
  9. unable to see shared network drive on router

unable to see shared network drive on router: How do I setup windows 10 to be able to see all my shared network devices? I am looking for my //net-storage/drive that is on my router. I did it long ago for another computer but forget how I managed to accomplish the task....
  10. How to share Files and Folders over a Network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to share Files and Folders over a Network in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows, like any other OS, allows you to share files with other users over a network. If you want to share Files and Folders over a Network in Windows 10, permanently or tentatively, we will tell you exactly how you [...] This post How to share Files and...