Windows 10: How to show contacts in skype

Discus and support How to show contacts in skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi peeps, Does anybody know how to show all my contacts on this latest rubbish version of skype? Typical ms tell you bugger all except to restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kato181, Feb 9, 2018.

1. kato181 Win User

How to show contacts in skype

Hi peeps,
    Does anybody know how to show all my contacts on this latest rubbish version of skype? Typical ms tell you bugger all except to restart skype and that will fix it..Rubbish!!!!! nothing works, and if I get a msg sent to me there is no way I know that I received it as there is no popup...Again microshaft don't give a damn about their crappy software and expect ppl to support them... Why tinker with a program that worked to something that now doesn't!

Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

kato181, Feb 9, 2018
  2. Seaoar Win User

Avoid Syncing Contacts

OK, that makes more sense now. So People is just a place to view whatever I want from whatever I configured on my phone, Outlook, Skype or whatever.

As I mentioned above I deleted all the contacts that moved from my phone to Outlook. I did it from my PC. And after reading your reply, I connected my phone to the net, synced Outlook, went to the 'Contact, showing...' link in People, and I made sure both
    Outlook and Skype checkboxes are checked. As Outlook contacts have been delete, I now only see Skype contacts in People. Finally I cleared both Outlook and Skype checkboxes, so People shows no contacts now.

Now when I go to the phone place, there is an icon that shows saved contacts. When I touch it, it shows a list titled 'CALL A CONTACT'. Now only Skype contacts show there (although I've cleared its checkbox in People). Question #1: Is there a way to remove
    Skype contacts from that area?

Question #2: How to show SIM contacts in one or both of 'CALL A CONTACT' and People? They have all disappeared from both places!

Question #3: How to edit a contact in the SIM with this phone?

Question #4: How can I make sure no contact will ever go to Outlook again?

Thanks,

Seaoar, Feb 9, 2018
  3. deleting a Microsoft messaging Contact

I located where it is coming from. Skype. So seems their number is incorrect on Skype for some reason. I tried removing the contact from my Skype (via webpage/ Outlook) but on my phone the Skype contact still shows up so the problem will still be there.

Need to work out how to sync it, and tell them to check their number.

Stephen Price, Feb 9, 2018
  4. How to show contacts in skype

Brightblessings, Feb 9, 2018
  5. kato181 Win User
    thanx mate but that help if the earlier versions of skype. the latest version doesn't have those options, and yes since microshaft purchased skype, as they do with other products they stuff it up and it's nothing but a piece of crap..

kato181, Feb 9, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    Two ways:

Click on the 'Address Book' icon:

How to show contacts in skype [​IMG]

or...

Click on the 'Search' Bar:

Edwin, Feb 9, 2018
  7. kato181 Win User
    I have tried both of the above ways m8 and I still get no contacts. all I get are brackets and nothing in them..

kato181, Feb 9, 2018
  8. Plankton Win User

Plankton, Feb 9, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    @Kari and I have switched over to Microsoft Teams, and are finding it superior to plain-vanilla Skype and also Skype for Business in every conceivable way. Just my two ¢ worth, FWIW. *Wink
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 9, 2018
  10. Kari Win User
    Ed, Microsoft Teams as well as Skype for Business are for business users. They do in no way replace Skype UWP or desktop apps for private users. I think the OP has difficulties to find contacts in normal Skype.

11. Winuser Win User
    The installer sends me to the store app download page.

Winuser, Feb 9, 2018
  12. mrgeek Win User
    I put a copy of the latest version of Desktop Skype installer in my Onedrive. Version 7 was the classic but 8 does take you to the Store App with whole new interface. Link here - SkypeSetup_7.40.0.104.msi

mrgeek, Feb 9, 2018
  13. Edwin New Member

Classic Skype for Desktop - Windows 10:

Classic Skype for Desktop - Windows 8 and under:

Classic Skype for Desktop Enhanced
    (must be downloaded on a Windows 7 machine, copied over to a Windows 10 machine, installed in Compatibility Mode!)

Skype Store App:

Edwin, Feb 9, 2018
  14. mrgeek Win User
    If you prefer the old Desktop Skype, I put an installer link in post 10. Will give you this legacy look:

mrgeek, Feb 9, 2018
  15. Edwin New Member
    Maybe you gotta sync all that stuff first...

Edwin, Feb 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How to show contacts in skype - Similar Threads - show contacts skype

2. People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    People app shows already deleted Skype contacts: Windows 10 is version 2004. People app is version 10.1909.10841.0. Contacts were deleted within Skype (Skype contact can't be deleted from People app by design). Is there any solution for this? I have been searching over internet for quite a long time with no luck so far....
  3. Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar: For years, since the feature launched, I have pinned frequent contacts to my Taskbar from the Taskbar People button for instant access to them via Skype. Sometime in the past few days, Skype disappeared from the list of apps in the People taskbar app see image below. Skype is...
  4. Skype Contacts: Cannot Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Contacts: Cannot Download: Is it me, Skype, or a W10 issue? I have tried every which way from Sunday to download my contacts, with the idea of cleaning out all that are no longer necessary, then reloading those that remain. No stated approach seems to make this possible. This proved a...
  5. People App delete "Skype" contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App delete "Skype" contacts: Please read: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/how-to-delete-all-the-contacts-from-people-app/4afe5650-d97d-4163-b58f-7b9a0060fc6d I am trying to delete all contacts on my People's app to keep it clean and most are old contacts...
  6. win10 skype contacts impossible to remove

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win10 skype contacts impossible to remove: it's not because they are in my windows contact list. It's the same for every contact including randsom people who only ever added me on skype. I push remove contacts they are still there. Even if I block them it shows them on contact list but with a block icon. How can I...
  7. comment importer mes contacts sur skype

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    comment importer mes contacts sur skype: je ne sais pas comment faire pour importer mes contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/comment-importer-mes-contacts-sur-skype/7133bdbc-8f3e-47a6-b06d-91e71b342ea7"
  8. Easy Guide: How to Add a Contact to Skype 8 or Skype for Windows 10

Easy Guide: How to Add a Contact to Skype 8 or Skype for Windows 10: You can add a contact just like in previous versions of Skype. This guide shows you how. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10 or apps in Windows. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow...
  9. Skype Contacts: How To Store Information?

Skype Contacts: How To Store Information?: Hi, this may seem like a simple question, but I need the input of the I.T experts from this community! I've got a bunch of contacts on my Skype account now and I'm finding it very hard to recall each contact's information. I just want to save text that lists...
  10. Contacts in Skype

Contacts in Skype: Hi, I just installed Skype on W10, and it's automatically given me a whole bunch of contacts that I've never heard of. I can't delete them from Skype, so where are they? I don't have any contacts in Outlook, and they aren't in my Gmail either. Where are they, and how do I...