Windows 10: How to show device encryption setting after decrypting?

Discus and support How to show device encryption setting after decrypting? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have windows 11 Home i used to have device encryption, but I decrypted it for some reason and now I cannot see the device encryption option, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Karim Ihab Sadek, Dec 3, 2023.

1. How to show device encryption setting after decrypting?

I have windows 11 Home i used to have device encryption, but I decrypted it for some reason and now I cannot see the device encryption option, I checked the system information it says elevation required to view besides the device encryption however I am already signed with my administrator account, what can I do to show the device encryption setting again?

:)

Karim Ihab Sadek, Dec 3, 2023

2. Decryption of encrypted files

Hi,

One of our employee deleted and encrypted the files in the F: drive using cipher.exe command. While trying to recover them with a third party software, the deleted files are showing and all of them are encrypted. Can anyone suggest how can i decrypt and
    recover all the deleted data back?

RoyalUnited, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Roan T Win User
    PCI ENCRYPTION/DECRYPTION CONTROLLER

Hi,

There might be some settings that
    you'll need to configure or apply on your system for advanced security.
    For us to refer you to the appropriate
    MSDN forum, please answer the following questions:

• Are you using any program to apply the PCI encryption/decryption controller?
    • Are you on a domain?
    • Are you trying to develop a security program?

Regards.

Roan T, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Bertilak Win User

How to show device encryption setting after decrypting?

Device encryption

I have seen Redirecting But
    I still have questons:

• Why does my system have a BitLocker recovery key if I don't have BitLocker installed?
    • Do I need to save it in a safe place?
    • The above-linked message says if I search the start menu for "encryption" it should take me to a search result where I can turn it off and decrypt the drive, but

1) There is no encrypt nor anything like it on the start menu and ...

2) A general search turns up an on/off encryption setting but there is no specific decrypt selection. Other info seems to say on/off only applies to future activities, not currently recorded data.
    • As the above linked message says, encryption/decryption vs. BitLocker is a fuzzy distinction. Given the ambiguity, the instructions should be more clear!
    That all leaves me wondering what I can safely, or conveniently, do.

Bertilak, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

How to show device encryption setting after decrypting?

1. How to show device encryption setting after decrypting? - Similar Threads - show device encryption

2. How to show device encryption setting after decrypting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show device encryption setting after decrypting?: I have windows 11 Home i used to have device encryption, but I decrypted it for some reason and now I cannot see the device encryption option, I checked the system information it says elevation required to view besides the device encryption however I am already signed with my...
  3. Device encryption is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption is not showing in settings: Once turned off the device encryption after that I am trying to turn it back on but can't found device encryption in the Privacy & Security settings and also search for that setting but I can't find that option , I have attached the screenshot of that ....
  4. Device encryption is not showing in settings

Device encryption is not showing in settings: Once turned off the device encryption after that I am trying to turn it back on but can't found device encryption in the Privacy & Security settings and also search for that setting but I can't find that option , I have attached the screenshot of that ....
  5. decrypt error right after encrypting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    decrypt error right after encrypting.: hi first of all i checked on a zip file mistaking it to be the option to put in a zip password. now when i download stuff every thing has a pad lock icon on iti can open it and decrypt that file so that the padlock is gone but my main problem is that when i have a new...
  6. decrypt error right after encrypting.

decrypt error right after encrypting.: hi first of all i checked on a zip file mistaking it to be the option to put in a zip password. now when i download stuff every thing has a pad lock icon on iti can open it and decrypt that file so that the padlock is gone but my main problem is that when i have a new...
  7. Encryption/Decryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption/Decryption: I encrypted some files in Windows 7 using EFS. The computer was formatted to install Windows 10 and those files won't open now. I tried to decrypt them by using the PFX file, cipher command, and setting permissions but they couldn't decrypt the files. They were unable to show...
  8. Encryption/ Decryption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encryption/ Decryption: I encrypted some files in Windows 7 using EFS. The computer was formatted to install Windows 10 and those files won't open now. I tried to decrypt them by using the PFX file, cipher command, and setting permissions but they couldn't decrypt the files. They were unable to show...
  9. encryption and decryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    encryption and decryption: Hi, I want to encrypt photos for storage. I have many choice of software to do that , but my point or question is: In say 20 years, I will have changed computer , or my computer will be 20 years old, and I may not have updated or upgraded the original software that I...
  10. How Decrypt, Encrypt file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Decrypt, Encrypt file?: I saved my Photos in D:Drive. And Encrypt same personal photos by this way{Choose a photo->Right click on it->then properties->Advances option in General->Then choose "Encrypt file to secure data"}. But now I can't open my encrypted photos. And can't Decrypt it. So Please...