Windows 10: How to show each time in File explorer the date created

Discus and support How to show each time in File explorer the date created in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to show each time in File explorer the date created. Under the seach box, you can right to choose wish column you want to show. I often choose to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CapFlam128, Aug 1, 2017.

1. How to show each time in File explorer the date created

How to show each time in File explorer the date created. Under the seach box, you can right to choose wish column you want to show. I often choose to add date created. But each time I have to go right click it, and choose it over and over. Is it not a way to do it permanently?

Thanks.

:)

CapFlam128, Aug 1, 2017
  2. Isha Soni Win User

file explorer shows created date not updated date.

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

This could be due to folder not added.

Try this:

• Go to the file explorer
    • Click on View
    • Click on Add Column
    • Add Date Modified by checking from dropdown options.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 1, 2017
  3. file explorer shows created date not updated date.

Today, I went to Microsoft file explorer and sorted a list of files by date.

Imagine my horror when I saw that they were all old files.

In fact, the problem is that the date displayed is created date, and not updated date.

This is the first time that I have observed this - it has worked OK in the past.

GrahamDLovell, Aug 1, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

How to show each time in File explorer the date created

Hi there. Set any folder, including search as below using the view tab. It should set it permanently. Not sure about search results though.

How to show each time in File explorer the date created [​IMG]

Tony K, Aug 1, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    Just verified with Search you have to use the view tab > Details every time. It won't stay permanent.

Tony K, Aug 1, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Does it not work to set the Folder view as desired then click View, Options, the View tab then click Apply to all Folders? I get the same view I desire each time I open File Explorer and a drive letter.

Berton, Aug 1, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    My system #1 > The "Apply to all Folders" button is greyed out on mine. So far as I know views are kept as I left them prior. Not sure "Apply to all Folders" works anymore?

How to show each time in File explorer the date created [​IMG]

Tony K, Aug 1, 2017
  8. Stevekir Win User

Stevekir, Aug 1, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    I'm not sure the original poster was referring to setting that option after doing a search. I believe he was just referencing the location of where he wants the Date Created detail. But I may be wrong.

But CapFlam, if you're trying to do that for just the way your folders need to show, then enable the Date Created for one folder, then go to Folder Options (like in HypsieGypsie's picture) and press Apply to Folders button. There are different folder types that have different view settings. There's folder settings for All Random Files, Audio, Music, Documents. You need to do the same process for each one. For example, create a new folder and put some mp3 files in that folder. Clsoe that folder and open it again. The view settings for this folder is going to look different. You need to enable the Date Created and Apply to Folders. etc...

I hope what I said was understandable.

pepanee, Aug 1, 2017
  10. DavidY Win User
    +1 for this.

It's one of the first options I set when setting up a computer - it is still there, as long as I'm in a folder.
    For instance from 'This PC', it isn't in a folder so it can't apply a setting to "all folders of that type" and it's greyed out.

DavidY, Aug 1, 2017
  11. It worked, fantastic, a dream come true. Thanks to pepanee too.

CapFlam128, Aug 2, 2017
  12. pepanee Win User
    You're welcome CapFlam =D

pepanee, Aug 2, 2017
  13. Tony K Win User

*Doh Yes, a folder needs to be chosen. Haven't been in there for quite some time for I don't use it anymore. Not sure about every build, but it auto remembers my choice the next time I open FE.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to show each time in File explorer the date created - Similar Threads - show each File

2. Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer: I have been having this problem for several months. Regardless of how I create a new file, the Date Created is incorrect. It is from 2008 today the dates is 2/7/2008. This occurs even if copy and paste a file within File Explorer.I've seen posts about utilities that can be...
  3. Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer: I have been having this problem for several months. Regardless of how I create a new file, the Date Created is incorrect. It is from 2008 today the dates is 2/7/2008. This occurs even if copy and paste a file within File Explorer.I've seen posts about utilities that can be...
  4. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  5. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  6. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...: When I open a folder on my Desktop by clicking on the folder icon on the desktop or from File Explorer via This PC\Local Disk C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Folder\ABC, or pretty much anywhere else except This PC\Desktop the Date column shows Date Modified.If I open it in File...
  7. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...: When I open a folder on my Desktop by clicking on the folder icon on the desktop or from File Explorer via This PC\Local Disk C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Folder\ABC, or pretty much anywhere else except This PC\Desktop the Date column shows Date Modified.If I open it in File...
  8. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. file explorer - date shows correctly but time appears in chinese.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file explorer - date shows correctly but time appears in chinese.: Can I chg a setting to bring back engllsh time? Or is this a computer virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/file-explorer-date-shows-correctly-but-time/839c9d8f-da06-4d10-9c44-2cfc923a256c
  10. File Explorer Create date attribute

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Create date attribute: When I change a file create date to any date before 1980, File Explorer does not show the date attribute and sorting by date does not work. I am using Bulk File Changer or Attribute Changer to change the attribute. I believe this is a bug....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer show time and date

2. explorer show date created