Windows 10: How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

Discus and support How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Jun 5, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that?

:)

yahanna, Jun 5, 2018

2. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jun 8, 2018
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

1. How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default? - Similar Threads - Show Explorer List

2. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  3. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  4. Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10: On my computer, File Explorer in Windows 10 defaults to the icons view. That is useful sometimes, but by default, I want File Explorer to permanently open documents to List View except for Pictures. How can I set the default view to List View?By default, when I open File...
  5. Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10: How do you set the default windows view to list? I've seen similar posts but like other users the default list view does not seem to stick [instead details view always comes back]....
  6. Trouble with List View in Explorer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with List View in Explorer...: In Windows 10; is there a way to view different file types like you use to be able to in W7? I’m not sure if this is due to an update or what, but what I mean is I like a nice clean look. In a folder, I like to view by list, and have the list organized by file types. So...
  7. default View LIST in search folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    default View LIST in search folder: how to default View LIST in search folder ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-view-list-in-search-folder/58d196f6-f2bd-4de9-ac02-b93cf7b63026
  8. List view not show

in Windows 10 Support
    List view not show: Win10 1803 *.ico files no longer display in list view ["Always show icons, never thumbnails" is checked]. In windows 7 I have no problem when thumbnails is disabled [I could view icons in list view...]. Default app for .ico file type is set to Photos App. 122152
  9. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271
  10. How to make list view default for all folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make list view default for all folders?: I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there another way to make "list" view the default setting for all the folders? thanks for the help 73262

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer list view

2. windows explorer make list default

3. list explorer view

4. show explorer in list,
  5. windows explorer view list by default,
  6. windows explorer how to mae list view default,
  7. windows explorer default to list view,
  8. what is list view in explorer,
  9. windows explorer view list,
  10. windows explorer view to list,
  11. windows explorer list view default,