Windows 10: How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

Discus and support How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Jun 5, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that?

:)

yahanna, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Eugene deV Win User

Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jun 8, 2018
  3. JohnCalton Win User
    File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

1. How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default? - Similar Threads - Show Explorer List

2. FreeCad is not showing on the default App list!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    FreeCad is not showing on the default App list!!: Hello, I am running Windows 10 and have just installed FreeCad for working on some .dwg files. The default app is set by the PC to paint.net which I would like to change to FreeCad. Have tried to change the app the files are opening in the following ways; 1. Via file...
  3. Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List"

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List": Hi all, I have been searching the web for an answer to this question since first getting Windows 10 last year. I would like my File Explorer to open using the "List" view rather than the current default of "Details". I have seen many responses that reference how to change...
  4. How to customize default search view ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to customize default search view ?: Hi everyone, So I already know how to customize de default view in the explorer for General Items, Documents, Pictures, Music, or Videos folders, but how to do the same for the search results ? Basically, if you customize the view for any search on the folder c:\toto,...
  5. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271
  6. change default view to list for each and every folder

in Windows 10 Support
    change default view to list for each and every folder: How do I change the default view to list for every folder even those on a usb thumb drive. It seems to revert back to detail view *Sad 25570
  7. How to Set Windows Explorer in List View All the Time?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Set Windows Explorer in List View All the Time?: In windows explorer, files aren't arranged the way you them all the time. Sometimes files are arranged in details view, other times they're arranged in list view. Is there a way to get windows explorer to set all files in list view? 79147
  8. Windows Explorer Views

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Views: Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder. I have shortcuts to folders on my desktop. If the folder shortcut is to a particular folder, I want the view Navigation...
  9. How do I set a default view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set a default view in File Explorer?: I want 'List', not 'Details'. I could keep it at 'List' view in Windows 7, but I don't see a setting for that option any more? Also, I downloaded a program called Explorer Plus Plus, which I love. Is there any way in Windows 10 to make IT my default Folder opener?...
  10. How to make list view default for all folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make list view default for all folders?: I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there another way to make "list" view the default setting for all the folders? thanks for the help 73262