How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

Discus and support How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Jun 5, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that?

:)

yahanna, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Eugene deV Win User

Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jun 8, 2018
  3. JohnCalton Win User
    File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default? - Similar Threads - Show Explorer List

1. New Usb 2.O drive shows up in device manager but not explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Usb 2.O drive shows up in device manager but not explorer: I am installing a new external USB 2.0 hard drive for use as a backup media. It shows up in the Device Manger as an external USB drive but is not shown in Windows Explorer. What do I need to do to get it to appear in Windows Explorer? 111535
  2. Explorer doesn't shows HDD

Explorer doesn't shows HDD: I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions. This is a removeable disk in a disk bay. How can I see this disk in Windows...
  3. Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't: I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions. This is a removeable disk in a disk bay. How can I see this disk in Windows...
  4. C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer

C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer: BIG EDIT: Apparently, my I: drive doesn't show up either... drives C:, D: and I: are partitions of one of an SSD, the other are partitions of another hard disk. I'm now guessing that D: drive is the problem.. I've just installed the Windows 10 17127 Insider Preview from the...
  5. C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer sidebar (left)

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer sidebar (left): I've just installed the Windows 10 17127 Insider Preview from the offline ISO and for some reason my C: drive (on which Windows is installed) does not show up in the Windows Explorer sidebar (on the left). Sadly, it doesn't even appear in 'Browse' dialogs in other programs....
  6. Internal SATA drive show on Device Manager But not on Explorer listing

Internal SATA drive show on Device Manager But not on Explorer listing: I used up all the allowed space in the title there - couldn't put a question mark on the end. *Smile Wonder why I can't see the WD hard drive I just hooked up to a SATA port on my H170 board? There are currently two seagate drive SATA connected and the DVD drive. And an...
  7. File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups: Anyone else have this issue? When right-clicking File Explorer in the taskbar, a jump list appears, showing pinned and recent folders or locations. Mousing over these items should cause a small text popup to appear above the item that shows the full system path of the...