Windows 10: How to shut off or slow down pointer:hover-event response time .

Discus and support How to shut off or slow down pointer:hover-event response time . in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello & Thanks , The hover-event response time is too fast , and it triggers unwanted events . Pls , how can i shut off the hover-event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vmars316, Dec 30, 2015.

1. vmars316 Win User

How to shut off or slow down pointer:hover-event response time .

Hello & Thanks ,

The hover-event response time is too fast , and it triggers unwanted events .
    Pls , how can i shut off the hover-event response(preferably) or drastically slow it down ?

Thanks...Vern

:)

vmars316, Dec 30, 2015

2. mouse pointer hover windows 10

how do i turn off selection by hovering the mouse pointer?

GeorgeChandler, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pointer Hovering

Forgot to ask about the touchpad and how to turn off pointer hovering for it as well. There are several times that I'm away from my desk with the laptop, and without the mouse. Seems these times its the most bothersome. Thanks, Mike

Mike Friese, Dec 30, 2015
  4. vmars316 Win User

Well , I found the recommended solution (but created a new prob):

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-9ed95999379b

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.
    You may follow the below steps to disable the mouse hover feature in windows 10 and check if it helps:
    1. Right click on Start menu.
    2. Click on Control Panel.
    3. In the control panel window, select “Ease of Access Centre” option.
    4. Click on “Make mouse easier to use”.
    5. In make it easier to manage windows section uncheck “Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse” option.

There is a problem with that solution :
    When in a Browser and i wish to right-click the current Tab , so I can duplicate the page , the right-click no longer works . No popup to give me the option(s) .
    Is there a way to fix this ?
    Thanks...Vern

vmars316, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

1. How to shut off or slow down pointer:hover-event response time . - Similar Threads - shut off slow

2. Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down: I had a power outage and upon restart the mouse pointer was moving painfully slow. now the speed settings are maxed out and it's still slower than it used to be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and also disabled "enhance mouse precision" with no effect whatsoever....
  3. Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down: I had a power outage and upon restart the mouse pointer was moving painfully slow. now the speed settings are maxed out and it's still slower than it used to be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and also disabled "enhance mouse precision" with no effect whatsoever....
  4. Very very slow response time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very very slow response time: My dell Optiplex seems like it's unresponsive and sticking any suggestions?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-very-slow-response-time/291cdece-fd8f-4482-8966-1a4498db8542
  5. Mouse pointer on shut down thing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse pointer on shut down thing.: So this happened 2 days ago i was trying to shut down my computer but suddenly it stopped at the shutting down part and my mouse pointer was there i let it sit and leave it to shut down after 10 mins i cant take it anymore i pressed my mouse button and it shutted down it...
  6. Slow down time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow down time?: hello. i want to slow my windows time by 1/2 or something like that, this code had to work but using System; using System.Threading; namespace ConsoleApp3 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { string strCmdText; Console.WriteLine("Set hour"); int hour =...
  7. PC Slow to shut down

PC Slow to shut down: Does any one have a problem lately with windows taking a long time to shut down when requested it seems ti ignore the request and then minutes later it shuts down. has an update caused this any help would be apreciated...
  8. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: Entering into the game works prefect; however once selections are made and the game begins, response time is impossible. Clicking onto a number called, or the thermostat climbing and clicking onto it is the problem. Is there a solution to this issue?...
  9. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: The response time for this game isn't working as it should. When I click my mouse for example to select a number that has been called it does not respond or light up. Also the bonus prompts time is slow. Can you resolve this issue for me?...
  10. Slow shut down

Slow shut down: Hello, long time viewer, first time poster. I'm a huge fan of the Windows 10, I love it, however recently I've gotten my first glimpse of the buggy side. The computer (pretty decent) is taking a very very long time to shut down. I just let it be, maybe update or something,...