Windows 10: How to shutdown WITHOUT updating?

Discus and support How to shutdown WITHOUT updating? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't understand why I can't shutdown my laptop. I need to shut my computer down and the only options want me to update first. I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Troy Prelog, Aug 16, 2018.

1. How to shutdown WITHOUT updating?

I don't understand why I can't shutdown my laptop.

I need to shut my computer down and the only options want me to update first.

I don't have time to wait for an update.

Were is the shutdown option?

Does anybody at Microsoft actually use a computer?

This is absolutely stupid that I am forced to update before I can shutdown or restart.

What do I do when I need to shutdown because my battery is low and not enough power to run updates?

How do I restart if I'm at work and need to quickly reboot my laptop while Im on site with a client?

I don't have time to wait for updates to install.

How do I shutdown my computer when I leave one job site and need to travel to another site?

Am I supposed to tell my next client "Sorry Im going to be late because I have to wait for my laptop to update before I can shut it down"?

I'm sorry if these a basic question but I'm only this **** operating system because I am forced to use it at work.

This "forced update" feature has caused me to loose thousands of dollars in business because I'm stuck looking like an idiot in front of clients as I trouble shoot issues caused by **** Im FORCED to install when Im not ready.

:)

Troy Prelog, Aug 16, 2018

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 16, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to shutdown WITHOUT updating? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 16, 2018
  4. How to shutdown WITHOUT updating?

little cat, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

How to shutdown WITHOUT updating?

1. How to shutdown WITHOUT updating? - Similar Threads - shutdown WITHOUT updating

2. HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!: WAS FORCED TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NAME OF A <mod removed> EXPERIENCE.I cant search anything in the windows task bar.I cant search anything inside any folder or subfolder.AMAZING EXPERIENCE, HONESTLY. LOVED IT. MADE MY DAY.THE LOCAL TEA GUY AT OUR...
  3. HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!: WAS FORCED TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NAME OF A F**KING EXPERIENCE.I cant search anything in the windows task bar.I cant search anything inside any folder or subfolder.AMAZING EXPERIENCE, HONESTLY. LOVED IT. MADE MY DAY.THE LOCAL TEA GUY AT OUR PLACE...
  4. HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!: WAS FORCED TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NAME OF A F**KING EXPERIENCE.I cant search anything in the windows task bar.I cant search anything inside any folder or subfolder.AMAZING EXPERIENCE, HONESTLY. LOVED IT. MADE MY DAY.THE LOCAL TEA GUY AT OUR PLACE...
  5. windows shutdown without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows shutdown without warning: Hi, i would like to have some information why windows 10 shuts down when the power is below 21% .It shuts down without any warning and i do not get the message or warning like "Your Battery is low please charge etc etc.."...
  6. Windows Shutdown without Warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Shutdown without Warning: This has been asked for years and I'm asking again. Why in the world does Windows shutdown computers without warning? I was in the middle of several important tasks and the freaking computer just shut down and I knew it was because of Windows updates. Windows either is...
  7. How to shutdown windows 10 without updating

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to shutdown windows 10 without updating: Hello our dear readers! Don’t you just hate it when Windows decides to suddenly update itself when you just want to shut down your laptop and go? Today’s tip will help you skip updating your Windows while shutting down or restarting. Let me explain what happens: Your computer...
  8. How to shutdown windows 10 without updating

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to shutdown windows 10 without updating: Hello our dear readers! Don’t you just hate it when Windows decides to suddenly update itself when you just want to shut down your laptop and go? Today’s tip will help you skip updating your Windows while shutting down or restarting. Let me explain what happens: Your computer...
  9. Win 10 Ann Ed - "Shutdown without updating"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Ann Ed - "Shutdown without updating": Hi ALL, My main desktop PC updated to Win 10 Ann Ed without any problem as did my sister's desktop. I was over to my sister's house the other day and doing something on her PC when I went to shut it down I was offered 4 choices: Restart with updates Restart without...
  10. How do you shutdown windows 10 without installing updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you shutdown windows 10 without installing updates?: Is there a way to shutdown windows 10 without installing updates? I know previous versions of Windows had command line or registry tricks that helped with this. Note the version of Windows 10 I am using is the normal version you get with the free upgrade. 34355

Users found this page by searching for:

1. only given option to update when i shutdown - can i shutdown without updating

2. reboot without updating shutdown