Windows 10: how to skip a particular update

Discus and support how to skip a particular update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 64 bit that's updated to build 1703 already. Now I have a set of updates, including cumulative security and some Nvidia GPU driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by namsilat, May 26, 2017.

1. namsilat Win User

how to skip a particular update

I have Windows 10 64 bit that's updated to build 1703 already. Now I have a set of updates, including cumulative security and some Nvidia GPU driver update from year 2016 (no kidding). For obvious reason I like to skip that Nvidia device driver update. I did a search on internet and found a tool that can hide updates for Windows 10, but it's unclear if it's intended to or will work in build 1703. Any suggestion?

:)

namsilat, May 26, 2017
  2. mohamabid Win User

How to assign Silent Tone to a particular Contact in 7230

Sir,

I want to assing silent as my ringing option to one of my contact.How can i do this in my 7230. I have bought it yesterday Please help!!

Its urgent!

mohamabid, May 26, 2017
  3. How to assign Silent Tone to a particular Contact in 7230

1st the contact needs to be on the phones memory there is no off/silent tone built in to this model so id suggest recording a blank tone with the recorder ie use the recorder and go somewhere quite and save the recording then assign it to the contact

techbuzzireland, May 26, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

5. Bree New Member
    Actually it dates back to long before the AU, it was first released around the time of the original 10240 release. If you look at its digital signature you'll see it's dated 15th June 2015. I've just downloaded it again to see if it has been updated at all - it hasn't. Works in all builds I've tried, from 1507 (10240) through 1511, 1607 and 1703 (15063). I use it on my support/test machine which has system images for each of the older versions. I hide the Features Update to next version(s).

For cumulative updates you only ever need the latest one, it includes all previous fixes (that's why it's called 'cumulative'). Any cumulative updates from 2016 would be for 1607 or 1511, they're not applicable to 1703.

For drivers you can tell Windows not to include drivers in Windows Update.

Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to skip a particular update - Similar Threads - skip particular update

2. How to stop a particular installation of Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop a particular installation of Windows Update: Hi everyone,Need help. Whenever I manually install a new GPU driver, I always face a problem. My Windows Updates automatically downloads an older version of Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics 31.0.101.4577. Despite installing the newer version, it continues to download and...
  3. How to stop a particular installation of Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop a particular installation of Windows Update: Hi everyone,Need help. Whenever I manually install a new GPU driver, I always face a problem. My Windows Updates automatically downloads an older version of Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics 31.0.101.4577. Despite installing the newer version, it continues to download and...
  4. BSOD - How to prevent the installation of a particular update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - How to prevent the installation of a particular update?: A few days ago, 2 updates were installed through Windows Update. Since then, I have frequent BSOD. I suspected the 22H2 update KB5028185 and rolled it back yesterday to see if the problem is resolved. Today, Windows Update installed it again. Can I prevent Windows Update to...
  5. BSOD - How to prevent the installation of a particular update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - How to prevent the installation of a particular update?: A few days ago, 2 updates were installed through Windows Update. Since then, I have frequent BSOD. I suspected the 22H2 update KB5028185 and rolled it back yesterday to see if the problem is resolved. Today, Windows Update installed it again. Can I prevent Windows Update to...
  6. BSOD due to KB5001330 update. How to skip update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD due to KB5001330 update. How to skip update?: I get a BSOD after each reboot. Same thing every rebootEvent Viewer:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800F0845: 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001330.The process goes like...
  7. How to stop installing one particular update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop installing one particular update?: So I get a message that Windows is trying to install a driver. It tells me that the one I already have maybe a better driver already but it's going to try to install the worse? driver anyway. I'm not a software developer or an engineer but even I know that it might not be a...
  8. How to skip updates selectively

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to skip updates selectively: I've got Windows 10 on two computers, both currently use Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I've also diddled my registry on both machines to notify me of updates, but not to automatically download and/or install them. A couple of days ago I received notification that some...
  9. Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update?: I have an issue whereby I updated to the Windows 10 2004 release, and now my GPU is very unstable. After many hardware tests and windows re-installs/repairs and driver updates, I have whittled it down to this driver/update that keeps forcefully installing: [ATTACH] This...
  10. How to Skip the 1803 Feature Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Skip the 1803 Feature Update?: Is there any way to skip the 1803 Feature update? I heard it is very buggy at the moment. My Windows Updates settings are set to Semi-Annual which is meant to delay any feature updates for most businesses. But I just got it awaiting download just now. Is there a way to just...