Windows 10: How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

Discus and support How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 18, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 18, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 20, 2018
  3. How to remove security questions and answers for local user accounts?

Hello!

At installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update ( Windows 10 version 1803 ) using bootable media I am prompted to choose 3 security questions from a list of common questions and to write the answers for them.

This should serve the purpose of account recovery in case I forget the password.

The problem is that these questions are very common and many people know the answers or can get some hints by doing a search on the web.

I want to remove these questions and answers.

In "Settings" app -> Accounts -> Sign-in options -> "Update your security questions" there are the same questions as in Setup.

Does anyone have any idea on how to remove the questions and their answers for a local user account?

Thank you!

Sorin-Mircea Neagoe, Jun 20, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

1. How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - skip Security Questions

2. How secure are user files in Windows 10 local user account with password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How secure are user files in Windows 10 local user account with password?: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.2006 Hi: These questions refer to Windows 10 PCs without Bitlocker or other drive encryption. On an older Windows OS, I used a password cracking tool to help a friend gain access to his laptop when he forgot his password. It was trivial to gain...
  3. How secure are user files in Windows 10 local user account with password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How secure are user files in Windows 10 local user account with password?: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.2006 Hi: These questions refer to Windows 10 PCs without Bitlocker or other drive encryption. On an older Windows OS, I used a password cracking tool to help a friend gain access to his laptop when he forgot his password. It was trivial to gain...
  4. How secure are user files in Windows 10 local user account with password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  6. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  7. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Cannot set up local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up local user account: Hello I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the person tries to sign in, firstly their name does not appear as the other user - only the generic 'other user' account appears....
  9. How to skip 3 security questions when creating an offline account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to skip 3 security questions when creating an offline account?: I've been installing a Win10 Pro on a new machine and noticed that they added this new annoying feature that requires you to provide answers to 3 "security" questions when setting up an offline account after entering the password. Stuff like "what is your dog's maiden name?"...
  10. Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 skip security questions

2. is there anyway to bypass security questions in win 10 build 1909?

3. skip windows 10 security questions

4. how to skip support and protection set up in windows 10,
  5. how to skip support and protection windows 10 setup,
  6. skip security questions windows 10,
  7. windows 11 support and protection,
  8. security questions asked while installing windows local account,
  9. how to skip the password questions,
  10. windows 10 install skip user account,
  11. windows 10 skip firts logon questions,
  12. windows 10 getting rid of security questions on account creation,
  13. windows 10 first login skip annoying questions,
  14. windows 10 first user setup skip security,