Windows 10: How to solve frustrating homegroup problem

Discus and support How to solve frustrating homegroup problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im running w10 on a desktop and laptop and having problems connecting to my homegroup (HG) but having problems setting up a homegroupUsing my old pw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by provlima, Feb 23, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

How to solve frustrating homegroup problem

Im running w10 on a desktop and laptop and having problems connecting to my homegroup (HG) but having problems setting up a homegroupUsing my old pw did not work. When I tried to set up another HG I was given a new pw, but entering it on my laptop I received user name and pw were incorrectRan homegroup trouble shooter on both ps's and no problems were detectedI then tried to start all over by deleting the HG on both PC's.I used the delete HG option on my desktop and was successful, but when I tried deleting HG on laptopthere was no option to delete HG option given.Any suggestions on what I should try to start a ne HG from scratch??

:)

provlima, Feb 23, 2018

2. W10 Upgrade has changed file types

I have just had the latest big W10 upgrade and discovered it has changed my Word documents to Office Open XML files.

Can anyone tell me why this was done and whether there is a quick fix. Obviously I can use 'Open with' to get them back into Word. However then this involves duplicate documents.

Homegroup problem, Feb 23, 2018
  3. Cannot connect to homegroup after Windows Updates

This did not solve the problem. We were able to solve the problem by going to another computer on the homegroup and deleted the computer that could not connect to the homegroup from the homegroup. After that I was able to connect to the homegroup from
    the 'problem' laptop.

JulieSalyer, Feb 23, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

HomeGroup has always been temperamental. I would recommend to stop using HomeGroup and start using a Workgroup.

You'll have to soon anyway, when the Spring Creators Update (1803) is released in April HomeGroup is going to be removed.
    Are Homegroups dead? (post #2)

Thema:

1. How to solve frustrating homegroup problem - Similar Threads - solve frustrating homegroup

2. how to solve this problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to solve this problem: pls help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-this-problem/7452ba8a-cd53-4969-9f49-622468ce33ef
  3. How to solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to solve this problem?: I changed my execution policy using this, as I had the same problem. However, I am not sure why it's running as (base). Also, after I changed the policy Loading personal and system profiles took 606ms. was the new message. How to restore this? Loading personal and system...
  4. How to solve this problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to solve this problem: when i am starting my laptop it is showing undoing changes made to your computer and it is stuck since from last 2 hours what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-this-problem/686def55-b812-4ba9-8578-071925d3ec37
  5. Frustration problems.

Frustration problems.: I really dont know what is causing it apart from its not an heat issue, because I have been keeping my monitor tool open to monitor the the temps etc. The problem is if its not an driver equal or something in rather BSOD I get this one: Log Name: System Source:...
  6. Homegroup problems

Homegroup problems: Respected, I have some issues with the homegroup. My computer is the main one and i created the homegroup. I have bought a new computer and when i wanted to connect with my homegroup, it is written that windows online troubleshooting service is disabled. So i cannot add...
  7. HomeGroup problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HomeGroup problem: hi all. this is my first post so be gentle please....*Smile My Problem:- When I turn on my pc the first screen that shows up is the stock windows 10 screen....... however, there is a box with 'HomeUserGroup$' and a request for a password (This is to get to my personal...
  8. Windows 10 solving homegroup issue

Windows 10 solving homegroup issue: I own an hp desktop and a Dell laptop. Both operate on Windows 10. There is an option to create a homegroup for file sharing between computers but both computers, when this process has been tried, get messages saying unable to create a homegroup on this computer. I need to be...
  9. Problem with homegroup

Problem with homegroup: I recently installed win 10 on all our home computers 2 laptops and 4 desktops. before win 10 we had a homegroup and were sharing printers etc now the homegroups seem to have gotten totally messed up with the install of win 10. Three of our computers are win 10 home and 3 are...
  10. Homegroup not working. Frustrating !

in Windows 10 Support
    Homegroup not working. Frustrating !: I'm trying to allows my TV and Xbox one to access a folder on my external hard drive using the Homegroup. I have turned Homegroup on, Changed the password, Allowed all the devices on the network to share content, Added my folder on the external HD to the Homegroup....