Windows 10: how to solve my cmd pop up problem

Discus and support how to solve my cmd pop up problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my cmd just pop up and disappear..... how can i solve this i took the screenshot it says at top ipconfig 67599 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nitish Sharma, Oct 20, 2016.

1. how to solve my cmd pop up problem

my cmd just pop up and disappear..... how can i solve this
    i took the screenshot it says at top ipconfig

:)

Nitish Sharma, Oct 20, 2016
  2. John Ado Win User

pop up of cmd

Hi,

Let's work on this together. Would you be able to uninstall your VPN software to verify if it's causing the issue? Otherwise,
    perform a clean boot to eliminate any software conflicts that might have caused this. Follow the steps in this article.

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to start your computer normally by referring to How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot
    troubleshooting
    section of the article.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Rishugarg Win User
    pop up of cmd

I just install a vpn,nothing else

yes, I am able to open command prompt normally

yes , I have performed full scan using antivirus and quick scan with window defender.....

Rishugarg, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

how to solve my cmd pop up problem

If you are running a batch script or typing a command like "ipconfig" in the run dialog box then yes it will run said command or script and then exit. If you press the Start button, type cmd and select "Command Prompt" it should launch and stay open.

Neemobeer, Oct 20, 2016
  5. what should i do to remove it.... i am unable to play games because of it

Nitish Sharma, Oct 20, 2016
  6. Neemobeer Win User
    So you're saying a command prompt keeps opening and closing repeatedly? If so does it start when you first log in?

Neemobeer, Oct 21, 2016
  7. yes ..... and it opens in a one minute loop

Nitish Sharma, Oct 21, 2016
  8. Neemobeer Win User

Well it could be getting launched in a number of ways.

• Another program could be launching it
    • There may be a batch, vbs, or powershell script in your start up (You can open task manager and look at the startup tab to determine if this is the case)
    • There could be a scheduled task launching cmd

Neemobeer, Oct 21, 2016
  9. i dont see anything which could launch cmd

Nitish Sharma, Oct 21, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi, try a process of elimination.
    1. do a clean boot. (First section here if unsure how to do this)
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    Do you see the command prompt dialogue box appear? (I guess that's what you mean by
    )

If not, then start enabling startups until it reappears.

Boot normally again.

2. If it still appears after a clean boot, examine your scheduled tasks. (E.g. type 'task sch' in Cortana's search box)
    Try running each one you think could be related manually by rt clicking a task, and click Run, observe if the cmd box appears.

Please post back your results.

dalchina, Oct 21, 2016
  11. EdTittel Win User
    When it comes to the "checking scheduled tasks" part, Dalchina, I'd like to offer an easier approach with the potential to short-circuit what could be a time-consuming process. The NirSoft utility TaskSchedulerView offers a "Find" selection in its "Edit" menu. It is, to my knowledge, the only tool that can search all fields for all scheduled tasks at a single go.

By searching for the string "bat" (the typical extension for batch files) the OP can quickly check to see if a scheduled task is running a batch file and thus also invoking the cmd prompt window. I learned this in running down a random pop-up on my own desktop recently related to post start-up/login behavior for a driver scanning tool. The same technique would also work for file extensions such as "vbs" for visual basic script, or "ps1" for PowerShell scripts. It may not turn everything over, but it should point to at least some items of potential interest.

Here's a blog post I wrote on 9/12 that explains more about how I used TaskSchedulerView to solve my specific problem: TaskSchedulerView IDs Cmd.exe Popups - Windows Enterprise Desktop.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 21, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Thanks Ed, useful you've had that experience.

I was hoping to make it simple initially- there should only be a small number of user specified scheduled tasks (Task scheduler library) - I should have been more specific there- so running each in turn would be quick, assuming the task responsible is there.

I'm aware of that neat Nirsoft utility.. then there's the chance the task might not actually start a bat as such.

dalchina, Oct 21, 2016
  13. EdTittel Win User

Yes, Dalchina, you are absolutely correct. That's why I took a "gently probabilistic" approach to offering the tool. It *may* be able to help, but it is by no means guaranteed to zoom in on the solution. It did work for me, though, which is what made me hopeful that it might do likewise for the OP. That said, it may be a real slog to work through all the scheduled tasks until the offending one is found and fixed. You never know what's going to happen in cases like these, until you dig in and start working. So thanks for pointing this out: it should prepare the OP to deal with the situation at hand.
    Thanks again!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 21, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
Thema:

1. how to solve my cmd pop up problem - Similar Threads - solve cmd pop

2. How to fix the pop up of cmd at the startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the pop up of cmd at the startup.: An file named "sc.exe" is popping up everytime I turn my laptop on. Im just fearing that I could be something else. I ran full scan on my pc. I cannot find any solution. I ran the window security and "mrt" thing. I checked if the terminal is turned on. But it is turned off....
  3. how do i solve this problem of pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i solve this problem of pop up: [25C8:5364][2023-08-22T12:36:07]i001: Burn v3.10.4.4718, Windows v10.0 Build 22621: Service Pack 0, path: C:\Windows\Temp\{94E0795C-FB59-4BBC-812B-4F553683B724}\.cr\VC_redist.x64.exe [25C8:5364][2023-08-22T12:36:07]i009: Command Line:...
  4. how do i solve this problem of pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i solve this problem of pop up: [25C8:5364][2023-08-22T12:36:07]i001: Burn v3.10.4.4718, Windows v10.0 Build 22621: Service Pack 0, path: C:\Windows\Temp\{94E0795C-FB59-4BBC-812B-4F553683B724}\.cr\VC_redist.x64.exe [25C8:5364][2023-08-22T12:36:07]i009: Command Line:...
  5. CMD pops up at startup

CMD pops up at startup: Split from this thread. Same for me, I used Avast which is known to have stopped almost every virus on earth, it doesn't detect any threats even though every time I start up, CMD opens completely empty and all my apps start running for 5 seconds then closing....
  6. Blank cmd pops up?

Blank cmd pops up?: When my laptop is in charging, suddenly blank cmd pops up. It restart the google chrome and set the default search as bing. I have updated the drivers and window but still the problem continues...
  7. Cmd pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cmd pop up: Hi, This is Nishant on this side. I am facing an issue regarding the cmd pop-up. As I plug in my power cable to my laptop the cmd pop-ups and disappears immediately and this is happening for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Is there any kind of virus or malware making this problem or...
  8. CMD pops up on start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD pops up on start-up: Hi all, I was just wondering why my cmd pops up on start up for a split second, then disappear immediately. I have tried to disable start-ups on my task manager and the cmd command sfc/scannow but the cmd still pops up when i boot my computer. Any help is appreciated, thanks!...
  9. Cmd pop up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd pop up: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This pop up appears after fresh install and reboot should I be worried? I don't know what the command line is in the 2nd cmd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pop-up/d24ee170-f6c4-46fa-9ddc-a07e2373477b
  10. CMD pop up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD pop up: Just recently CMD has popped up at start up. Flashes on for a few seconds, no message, its blank. I have tried all the suggestions on line, even stopping Microsoft services that seems to work but gets rid of on screen caps indication. Running Windows 10 on a Acer laptop....