Windows 10: How to solve the case of my “bricked” computer

Discus and support How to solve the case of my “bricked” computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, So, before I start, I’d just like to point out that this is separate of my other problem I posted. I solved that problem by resetting the Family... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ooboh, Mar 21, 2018.

1. ooboh Win User

How to solve the case of my “bricked” computer

Hi,

So, before I start, I’d just like to point out that this is separate of my other problem I posted. I solved that problem by resetting the Family computer. This, however, involves my own laptop computer. It is “bricked.”

So for the past 1.5 - 2 years, my computer has had a temporary profile error, thus rendering me unable to access it. System restore doesn’t go back far enough for it to work. Furthermore, my adapter broke, forcing me to use a different one. My aforementioned previous problem was solved by resetting the computer, so I thought that would solve my own problem too. The first time I booted my laptop, I miraculously got to the login screen, where I held down “Shift” and restarted my computer. There, I attempted to reset the computer, but I got a blue screen error, simply telling me that something went wrong during the reset and nothing was changed. However, here’s where another problem arises.

Out of every 10 times I boot my laptop, I’d say I actually get to the login screen one time. Not even pressing F8 to get to Safe Mode works. The other nine times, I get an eternal black screen or a black screen with the cursor. The black screen with the cursor could be achieved if I physically close my laptop, wait several minutes, and open it again. Even then, I’d usually never get to see the login screen, forcing me to hold down the power button and start at fresh. This is rather repetitive and frustrating.

So, now, I have multiple questions for anyone who reads this:
    1. How do I stop getting these black screens/with cursors and finally get to the login screen?
    2. If I can get #1 done, then how can I reset my computer without getting a blue screen error?

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

:)

ooboh, Mar 21, 2018

2. how can I solve the problem of sign out from my phone account

Could you provide more information about this issue? Can you sign out on the website? Can you sign out on the phone? What steps do you take to sign out of the website? What happens when you try to sign out?

Julie fka profjulie, Mar 21, 2018
  3. how can I solve the problem of sign out from my phone account

I am unable to sign out from microsoft my phone account

KashinathDesai, Mar 21, 2018
  4. bro67 Win User

Your computer is not bricked. You need to just install a clean install and/or possibly have severe hardware problems going on. What "Adapter" broke? If a piece of hardware on the machine is broken, yes you will have issues.

bro67, Mar 21, 2018
  5. ooboh Win User
    It is my 65-watt AC Adapter.

ooboh, Mar 21, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    There's a number of sites on the 'net that can provide a new AC Adapter or go to a local Wal*Mart or Best Buy store to look for a Universal adapter, has several tips to fit various Notebooks. I've found a 90 Watt adapter will work in place of a 65 Watt adapter if the tip fits properly.

Berton, Mar 21, 2018
  7. spunk Win User
    What is the make and model# of your laptop?
    Go to Ebay and type in your make and model# with the words, Power Adapter, it will come up with several you can purchase
    In Windows 10 the F8 Startup Menu has been disabled, though there is a tweak to restore it again.
    If you got to the Troubleshoot menu and tried to do a Restore to Factory Settings and it failed, then the Recovery partition may be damaged on your HDD.
    You can download a free copy of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, burn it to a USB Flash, and Boot off of that and choose your language, then Custom Install. Here Delete All Partitions until the drive is all Unallocated Space, then go Next. Windows will create partitions, and format them during the install.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to solve the case of my “bricked” computer - Similar Threads - solve case “bricked”

2. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  3. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  4. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ndas not shown on network solved in my case

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ndas not shown on network solved in my case: I got a new desktop, in setting it up on my home network it looked fine. I have a ndas that would show when I displayed my network however the ndas did not appear on my other 2 pcs on my lan. I searched all the forums for 3 days and checked network sharing, smb, netbiosover...
  6. Yet another case of a windows update bricking a laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet another case of a windows update bricking a laptop: Hi, Basically, I updated windows 10 on Friday night, the laptop restarted automatically to install, and then got stuck in a constant loop trying to boot up with the words ‘attempting to recover installation’ and ‘undoing changes made to your computer’ appearing on the...
  7. Forced update bricked my computer...

Forced update bricked my computer...: So, I had some work I was doing up on my computer, work I had taken all day to complete. I was away for a short time, and got hit by the forced windows update. I come back and it says the update was "27%" complete. An hour later, still at 27%. It was hung. I rebooted the...
  8. Windows update bricked my computer

Windows update bricked my computer: After installing the latest update, my computer is giving me 4 options, continue, use a device, troubleshoot, and turn off your pc. I have tried everything, and nothing works. I have tried reseting my pc, got an error, I tried resetting my pc and wiping my files, got an...
  9. New update bricked my computer

New update bricked my computer: This morning my computer worked perfectly fine. Then i installed an update and now my computer doesn’t work anymore. I believe it corrupted my start up files. Tried to restart from backup and it doesn’t work ether. Now it turns on and i enter the administrative password and...
  10. Case 1446258002 not solved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Case 1446258002 not solved: Case 1446258002 not solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/case-1446258002-not-solved/db986ada-e37e-4e9f-972d-084a2d076290