Windows 10: How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane?

Discus and support How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey folks, I am currently trying to move "This PC" to the top of the navigation pane, or - alternatively - move the "Quick Access" to the very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pakZ, Jun 17, 2017.

1. pakZ Win User

How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane?

Hey folks,

I am currently trying to move "This PC" to the top of the navigation pane, or - alternatively - move the "Quick Access" to the very bottom.

Is there any possible way?

I have found (and used) ways for every other entry, but not those 2. I have even stupidly tried to apply the "SortOrderIndex" on random for both, without success.

Every input will be appreciated How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane? :)

Cheers

Jan

How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane? [​IMG]

:)

2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jun 17, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jun 17, 2017
  4. lvgandhi Win User

In an file explorer window, go to view|options, select change folder and search options. In general tab, open file explorer option to This PC in place of quick access.

lvgandhi, Jun 17, 2017
  5. pakZ Win User
    Thanks for your reply, but that was not quite what I was looking for.

I simply want to reverse the order of the navigation pane, putting "This PC" on top, followed by the "Quick Access" and the cloud storages at the bottom.

6. Edwin New Member
    It may not be what you're after but, I've used Winaero Tweaker to put everything I want into 'Quick Access', (including 'This PC'), and gotten rid of the rest.
    You can keep Cloud Services below.

Edwin, Jun 18, 2017
  7. pakZ Win User
    Thanks for your efforts, but it doesn't quite do the job as I want to.

(I know, I'm being pretty picky on this *Huh)

8. Karlskii Win User

Hi pakZ

Is this setup what you want?

It's basic but does the job - This PC sub folder's at the top, then cloud storage/shared drives just below and then Quick Access at the bottom...

Karlskii, Jun 22, 2017
  9. pakZ Win User
    Hey Karlskii,

thank you, too, for your effort, but sadly it's not what I am looking for.
    Since "Quick Access" is dynamic, I want it to be seperated from the static "This PC".

In fact, the only thing I'd like to see changed in my screenshot above, is to move the whole category "Quick Access" to the very bottom - beneath "This PC".

10. GiUmaTo Win User
    Hi pakZ. I was after the same issue as you and I think I've solved it.

One thing I noticed is that the regedit keys where to act are different depending whether you are on a 32 or 64 bit OS (and that is not always taken into account in tutorials found online).

Anyway, what I did was:

1. find the two occurrences of CLSID corresponding to Recent Folders item, Code: {22877a6d-37a1-461a-91b0-dbda5aaebc99}[/quote] . One location is under Code: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID[/quote] , the other is under Code: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\CLSID[/quote] 2. on both of them, temporarily change owner to Administrators group. Take a note of the original owner, you'll need that to set owner back later on.

3. on both of them, give the Administrators groups Full control permissions. Then you can set original owner back. (Note: when owner was Code: TrustedInstaller[/quote] , you have to type Code: NT Service\TrustedInstaller[/quote] in order to set it again)

Now is the gist of the thing:

4. on both of them, set the DWORD value Code: System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree[/quote] to Code: 1[/quote] . Create the value if it does not exist

5. on both of them, set the DWORD value Code: SortOrderIndex[/quote] to Code: 42[/quote] . This might be the right value that you were missing. I got that looking at OneDrive registry key, as I hide that earlier in navigation pane, but I did remember that it was showing just above My Computer

HTH

GiUmaTo, Jan 3, 2018
  11. GiUmaTo Win User
    pakZ, what I just described there is actually the procedure to move Recent Folders above My Computer. As I read that you are looking to move that below it, one thing you can try is to remove the SortOrderIndex value altogether. Initially that was my setup, and Recent Folders was located at the bottom.

Another alternative could be to google around what's the CLSID number for one of the bottom items (e.g. Network, in my explorer at least) and then lookup in regedit what is its SortOrderIndex, then assign a larger one to the Recent Folder one.

GiUmaTo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane? - Similar Threads - sort Quick Access

2. Quick Access Has Disappeared from the Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Has Disappeared from the Navigation Pane.: My kid started pressing buttons randomly as they do...She some how got the quick access set of folders in the organize tab to disappear yet the navigation pane is checked under the layout tab when clicking on organize.. This is only while trying to save using the built in...
  3. How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane: Hi,Currently my Quick Access is displayed in right pane when selecting the Home icon in the navigation pane. When I go into the File Explore option, Quick Access is missing. I only have in the pick list: HOME; THIS PC & ONE DRIVE PERSONNAL.How can I make the Quick Access...
  4. How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane: Hi,Currently my Quick Access is displayed in right pane when selecting the Home icon in the navigation pane. When I go into the File Explore option, Quick Access is missing. I only have in the pick list: HOME; THIS PC & ONE DRIVE PERSONNAL.How can I make the Quick Access...
  5. Quick Access is missing in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access is missing in the navigation pane: Everything else shows up in the navigation pane like videos and pictures, but the only thing missing is the Quick Access folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-is-missing-in-the-navigation-pane/fa12ce12-1b60-4c86-ace5-d0617d2a165a
  6. Quick Access Missing from Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Missing from Navigation Pane: Setup a new computer and the Navigation Pane is missing the Quick Access folders. I have the quick launch up at the top along the bar but it's not listed in the Library area. This is what is missing from the machine. I've tried resetting the view panels and making a change in...
  7. How to move Quick access to the bottom of the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move Quick access to the bottom of the navigation pane: As the title says I'm trying to move the quick access entry of the navigation pane to the bottom of my order but I can't find the correct registry entry to do that. No matter what order index I assign to other items on my navigation pane they never move above quick access...
  8. Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.: Hi, I have two "quick access" menu's in the navigation pane - Likely from some customization app from ages ago. How can I remove the duplicate entry? Please see attached screenshot. [img] Latest version of Windows 10. 157112
  9. How to Backup or Restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Backup or Restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access?: Hi, there, This is my first topic as I am new here. I registered in the forum to ask for help from you, as you can see that he has extensive experience in Windows. I tried to solve my problem by searching in google and in this same forum but I didn't find any solution...
  10. Backup/restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup/restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access?: I'm reluctantly upgrading to W10 as my new laptop isn't supported by W7. My goal is to get W10 to work as similar as possible to W7. Anyway, one of the things I'm finding really awkward is the new "Quick Access" links in Explorer's navigation pane, which replaces the old...