Windows 10: How to start an app at boot time?

Discus and support How to start an app at boot time? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a need to start an app ( e.g. notepad) as soon as a certain account is used to boot Windows 10. Can it be done and if so how? 8888 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MacNala, Jul 24, 2015.

1. MacNala Win User

How to start an app at boot time?

I have a need to start an app ( e.g. notepad) as soon as a certain account is used to boot Windows 10.
    Can it be done and if so how?

:)

MacNala, Jul 24, 2015

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Jul 24, 2015
  3. TJ Girsch Win User
    How to bind hotkey to an app like Calculator in Windows 10?

The calculator app doesn't have a "Create Shortcut" option when you right click on it. Only pin to/unpin from start and pin to/unpin from taskbar.

TJ Girsch, Jul 24, 2015
  4. How to start an app at boot time?

"Boot" time includes when the PC is first started, goes through Power On Self Test (POST), finds the Windows boot loader, and executes it. You will eventually see the Windows login screen.At that point, you are not yet logged into Windows so, as far as I know, you can not run any Windows apps.

What used to work (with Win8x) was dragging an app shortcut into the Startup folder, thus when you logged in, that app would automatically start.

Don't know if that still works in Win10, though.

Mark Phelps, Jul 24, 2015
  5. MacNala Win User
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have it working on a Windows 7 laptop and the technique you quote is what I used.
    I will have to see if it can be done that way in Win 10.

MacNala, Jul 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 24, 2015
  7. MacNala Win User
    Thanks for the help to get this set up.

I did have a problem which was how to set up another user in the Windows 10. The insistence of MS in having an MVA caused me a problem as the user I was adding does not have an MVA and every time I tried to add them as a user it would reject to addition because of no MVA. It did allow me to add an outlook.com user but I could not sign in as that user (no password).

What I had to do was go to outlook.com and sign in as myself then navigate to sign in as the other user and create a reset of the password. Then I could not understand what it meant that the other user had to be online for the first time to login to the Windows 10. So I logged in as myself opened Mail app and signed in as the other user then switched to that user and completed the account creation.

Oh how much simpler it was in Windows 7. Create local account and bingo!!

MacNala, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to start an app at boot time?

1. How to start an app at boot time? - Similar Threads - start app boot

2. How to boot into safe start?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to boot into safe start?: I can’t figure out how to boot into safe start without interrupting the start up 3 times submitted by /u/_all_a_dream_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jji50x/how_to_boot_into_safe_start/
  3. How to reduce booting time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to reduce booting time: Recently my windows went through an update. After that boot time has significantly increased. It was hardly taking less than a min or so to get to my desktop. Its taking 2-3 mins to get to my desktop. What's the issue? Would you like to discuss....
  4. boot time

in Windows 10 Customization
    boot time: I bought a notebook couple of Weks ago, Which was having Windows 10legal preinstalled. For couple or three days notebook seems perfect. But the next day I tried to turn my notebook ON, it was not. I tried every possible way to fix it, but I was failed to do so. So I decided...
  5. Some startup apps don't start on boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some startup apps don't start on boot?: Hi, I've noticed this problem for a few months, some old and all new software rarely starts once I'm logged in, even if they're enabled within startup in task manager. I feel like I've inadvertently disabled something but I'm not able to find where. I have previously googled...
  6. How to find the time it takes for an app to start in Windows 10?

How to find the time it takes for an app to start in Windows 10?: How to find the time it takes for an app to start from the time the app icon is clicked on Start Menu or Task bar in Windows 10? Actually, they start practically immediately, but I'd like to know, how to check the time it takes. Thanks!...
  7. boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot time: my laptop is taking more than 10 min to start or restart.i tried lot of things but to no avail. anybody know what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-time/5018451c-a4c8-469e-9a4b-601a40336270
  8. boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    boot time: would you consider 28 sec a good boot time ? ssd 131242
  9. Boot time

Boot time: Win 10 taking 6 minutes to boot. Used to take 45 seconds WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-time/5fc6d399-4031-4e86-8cf9-f9b5e00e271f
  10. Boot Times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Times: today a record - 33 seconds! *chuckle averages before around 1.25 to 1.40 minutes 82359