Windows 10: How to Steer Internet Connection

Discus and support How to Steer Internet Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK I need help, so here is the background and issue. -New computer with Windows 10 (old computer was setup identical with Windows 7 and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rsl, Nov 10, 2017.

1. RSL
    rsl Win User

How to Steer Internet Connection

OK I need help, so here is the background and issue.

-New computer with Windows 10 (old computer was setup identical with Windows 7 and everything worked)
    -Has Built in Verizon Wireless Modem
    -Has hardware connected to it in vehicle through the Ethernet connection
    Hardware requires me to static IP on Ethernet port to IP: 172.18.9.37 Sub: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: ______________

Issue is Primary Internet use is through the cell connection. As long as the Hardware device is unplugged internet over cellular works fine. As soon as I plug it in Internet immediately stops. I can repeat this cycle of plug/unplug and internet instantly starts/stops. If I use Wifi to connect, internet works fine with hardware plugged in.

I have tried
    -Setting the Ethernet port as metered
    -Setting Metric on al 3 connections to make Wifi-1, Cell-2 and Ethernet-3
    -I made the adjustments in reg to set the default media cost to make Ethernet most expensive and 3/4G least
    -I attempted to do the Network adapter advanced thing but the Wifi, Ethernet order thing does not show up
    -I have cleared the routing table
    -I set a persistent route for 0.0.0.0 to the Cell interface
    -I cleared the ARP table

I am out of ideas as to how to fix. If I cant get it working I will have to abandon the new laptop and go back to the old slower one with Windows 7 on it.

:)

2. Internet settings

Suddenly and seemingly for no reason when I go onto the internet I am getting a message which says 'The identity of this web site or the integrity of this connection cannot be verified'. There are four lines with a tick mark and then 'Do you want to proceed'
    Yes, No or view certificate....I have a feeling I can get rid of this on Internet Options but not sure how...Can anyone steer me onto the correct procedure..Thanks

michaeldawsonUV, Nov 10, 2017
  3. correct driver for windows 10 computer to HTC windows phone

Can anyone steer me to the correct driver for my computer with Windows 10 to connect to my HTC Windows phone. Thank you.

DavidRottmiller, Nov 10, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

It does help to know who your Cell provider is and what kind of device you are using to connect through the cell connection. The last one is what side of the road are you trying to steer them on.

bro67, Nov 11, 2017
  5. RSL
    rsl Win User
    Sierra Wireless EM7355 using Verizon

6. bro67 Win User
    So basically a card that uses a mini-PCIe card where the network card usually goes. You would be Bridging a connection through one computer from all of the others, thus creating a choke point for all computers, which is due to the fact that you may be trying to use it at the same time. They do make small boarded units that are specifically for a Gateway and have a pretty good CPU on them and you would be able to set that up to behave like a Router.

bro67, Nov 12, 2017
  7. RSL
    rsl Win User
    This internet connection is only used for the laptop itself. The hardware attached to the Ethernet port is a data collection hardware box, it does not use internet only feeds data to a program on laptop.

8. bro67 Win User

I do not care about whatever you are using attached to the suspect computer. All that I can say is that the card in your laptop is a combination card made for working on the road without the need of tethering a cellphone or carrying a Jetpack. I do not know how the "modem" could work when your laptop is turned off, if the card is installed in it. The only suggestion that I can give you is to get the Jetpack if you wish to tether multiple devices into a portable LAN. Otherwise your laptop will be doing all of the work.

bro67, Nov 13, 2017
  9. RSL
    rsl Win User
    There is no jet pack, The computer is a Panasonic Toughbook. The Wired ports, the WLAN and the Gobi WWAN modem are all internal to the laptop. There is no jetpack.

10. MrHudson Win User
    What you have there is a cell phone that you cant talk on.. when they first came out they were called air cards. you plug it in to USB port and it installs its preinstalled software..
    I had one from AT&T, 5GB a month data usage.
    I could send texted message with it.
    Not sure if they are still in business, company called Clearview, they portable device you can connect wireless to with other PC's too.

MrHudson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Steer Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Steer Internet Connection

2. steering wheel keeps connecting and disconnecting :c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    steering wheel keeps connecting and disconnecting :c: Hey there, I tried to connect my steering wheel Esperanza EG103 https://amzn.eu/d/j9fdeB2 to my computer both windows 10 and 11 and I do run into some issues. As in the subject declared, my steering wheel keeps disconnecting after about a second. Also my wheel is recognized...
  3. Windows 11 Steering Wheel keeps connecting and disconnecting :c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Steering Wheel keeps connecting and disconnecting :c: Hey there, I tried to connect my cheep steering wheel to my desktop pc windows 10 the other day and it didnt worked anymore, but it worked on it a year ago. Now I tried to connect it to my laptop windows 11, thankfully windows recognizes the steering wheel as a controller...
  4. Windows 11 Steering Wheel keeps connecting and disconnecting :c

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Steering Wheel keeps connecting and disconnecting :c: Hey there, I tried to connect my cheep steering wheel to my desktop pc windows 10 the other day and it didnt worked anymore, but it worked on it a year ago. Now I tried to connect it to my laptop windows 11, thankfully windows recognizes the steering wheel as a controller...
  5. How to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect to internet: There is no internet. I need to set up the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-to-internet/786cb132-3076-4381-834b-934c7e3f482e
  6. How to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect to internet: There is no internet. I need to set up the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-to-internet/786cb132-3076-4381-834b-934c7e3f482e
  7. How to connect to internet in bootmenu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect to internet in bootmenu.: I am trying to reinstall windows 10 in my laptop in the bootmenu. While i am trying to reinstall windows asks me to login my Microsoft Account. After i type in the password it shows that password in incorrect. This because my system isn't connected to the wifi or any other...
  8. Steering Wheel problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steering Wheel problem: I have STR RACEFORCE Gembird steering wheel for PC and when I try to play ex. ETS 2 or NFS it just crashes when I set I want to play with steering wheel. I downloaded and reinstalled couple of times drivers for steering wheel but I just cant play with it, Did someone had...
  9. Sidewinder steering wheel not detected

Sidewinder steering wheel not detected: The steering wheel worked fine before but now its not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sidewinder-steering-wheel-not-detected/447d8aac-c666-49c6-8622-1e7a4fae6d40
  10. Steering wheel not working

Steering wheel not working: I have a Thrustmaster Ferraria 458 xbox 360/pc racing wheel, and I can't get it to work on my computer. It no longer shows up in game controllers, I can see it in control panel, but when you right click and select game controller settings, there is nothing there. I think this...