Windows 10: How to stop a scheduled update from installing after reboot?

Discus and support How to stop a scheduled update from installing after reboot? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After installing an update yesterday and rebooting, my laptop is now stuck at the startup blue page with rotating circledots. Every once in a while the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zile, Sep 10, 2015.

1. zile Win User

How to stop a scheduled update from installing after reboot?

After installing an update yesterday and rebooting, my laptop is now stuck at the startup blue page with rotating circledots. Every once in a while the screen flickers as if it is installing a graphics driver, BUT it doesn't make sense to flicker 100+++ times. I've tried leaving it on for an hour longest, but I doubt it will even continue. It probably is looping the installation over and over again, leaving me no access to the computer.

I'm unable to boot into safe mode as well because the same thing happens. System restore failed, fml.

Please tell me it is possible to cancel the update installation even before accessing the startup...

:)

2. DeanGrant Win User

How do I stop a scheduled update from happening?

I just got a message that an update with new features has downloaded and tried to schedule a time to install. How do I prevent this from ever installing? I just went through this a couple days ago, and after installing the new feature version my PC would
    not boot and I had to reinstall Windows

DeanGrant, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

How to stop a scheduled update from installing after reboot?

1. How to stop a scheduled update from installing after reboot? - Similar Threads - stop scheduled update

2. Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update: I run electromagnetic simulations that sometimes will run for a week continuously. If interrupted, I'll lose all the work and will have to start again. I just lost a week's worth of work because Microsoft Windows forces the operating system to automatically reboot. Clearly,...
  3. Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update: I run electromagnetic simulations that sometimes will run for a week continuously. If interrupted, I'll lose all the work and will have to start again. I just lost a week's worth of work because Microsoft Windows forces the operating system to automatically reboot. Clearly,...
  4. How to stop windows from scheduling midnight update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows from scheduling midnight update.: All right is midnight where i live and i just want to say a big **** you to Microsoft for scheduling an update at this time causing my computer to turn itself back on and it's fan to turn on and make the loud gridding sounds i despise i know problematic but the piece of junks...
  5. How to stop windows from scheduling midnight update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows from scheduling midnight update.: All right is midnight where i live and i just want to say a big **** you to Microsoft for scheduling an update at this time causing my computer to turn itself back on and it's fan to turn on and make the loud gridding sounds i despise i know problematic but the piece of junks...
  6. How to stop windows from scheduling midnight update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!: I've had this problem in the past on a system running W10 Home. But it's happened 3 times now in the past month on a W10 Pro system in the middle of running a weeks long task. Checking the event log I see: Date: 9/25/2020 8:53:43 AM Windows successfully installed the...
  8. How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!: I've had this problem in the past on a system running W10 Home. But it's happened 3 times now in the past month on a W10 Pro system in the middle of running a weeks long task. Checking the event log I see: Date: 9/25/2020 8:53:43 AM Windows successfully installed the...
  9. A solution to stop Win10 from auto-rebooting after updates.

A solution to stop Win10 from auto-rebooting after updates.: Windows rebooted my PC again the other day, without warning, while I was using it. This is the 3rd time it has done this since "upgrading" to Windows 10. I've tried every possible work-around I can find, but MS keeps "fixing" them so they don't work. I don't have Windows Pro,...
  10. Update reboot scheduling questions

Update reboot scheduling questions: I have three questions when choosing to schedule a future time for a reboot after windows updates. 1. If you schedule the reboot for two hours from now, but you forget and leave your desk and leave files open - does it just do the reboot anyway and non-gracefully pull the...