Windows 10: How to stop an update download

Discus and support How to stop an update download in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The other day I connected a TomTom satnav to a usb port to check it for problems for a friend. The next day Win10 reported an update for TomTom was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pewe, Sep 24, 2015.

1. pewe Win User

How to stop an update download

The other day I connected a TomTom satnav to a usb port to check it for problems for a friend.

The next day Win10 reported an update for TomTom was ready to download and install.

There does not appear to be any way to stop this happening.

Can anyone suggest how I can stop the download and install of this.

Thanks

:)

2. how to stop an update

If you're running Win10 Home, you really can't stop a Feature update.

PS: Did your
    HDD recently crash
    ?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 24, 2015
  3. cjmel Win User
    how to stop an update

I clicked on Feature update to Windows 10 Version 1709 to get info on content of the update. It immediately began the update sequence including download and preparing to install. I do NOT want this update right now. How do I stop it??

cjmel, Sep 24, 2015
  4. How to stop an update download

Cluster Head, Sep 24, 2015
  5. davexnet Win User
    Try this. Open the device manager and select view/show hidden devices.
    Expand category for USB at the bottom and look for the device. Right click and uninstall, reboot.

davexnet, Sep 26, 2015
  6. DoItJust Win User
    And after doing that, go to Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums and download the zip, run it and hide the updates you don't want

DoItJust, Sep 26, 2015
  7. pewe Win User
    Should I reboot after using this tool?

The cuplrit update still shows in the update list when I go to Settings/Update&Security even though re-running the tool shows it as hidden.

8. DoItJust Win User

No you shouldn't have to reboot. I guess you have to let it install, then roll back from device manager and then make sure it's hidden.

DoItJust, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop an update download - Similar Threads - stop update download

2. 22H2 update stopped downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 update stopped downloading: I have Windows 11 and I got the 22H2 already on my machine. I initiate the download process however it stops at the middle. It is not downloading for 2 hours now. I know that it is not working because previously if there is this kind of update it will download and install...
  3. 22H2 update stopped downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 update stopped downloading: I have Windows 11 and I got the 22H2 already on my machine. I initiate the download process however it stops at the middle. It is not downloading for 2 hours now. I know that it is not working because previously if there is this kind of update it will download and install...
  4. how to stop downloading updates on my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to stop downloading updates on my pc: 1] Automatic updates on my pc recently destroyed a 250 pages document and now I do not want them anymore since I have a laptop for other uses. A friend had a similar experience. As soon as I open this pc, updates are being downloaded and I cannot stop them, except turn the...
  5. Update download stops at 91%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update download stops at 91%: Update stops at 91%. What should I do so it completes 100% update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-download-stops-at-91/b094bf0a-cd3a-4434-953d-14108b31e91a
  6. How do I stop update from downloading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I stop update from downloading: It keeps downloading and installing and I don't want it cause it causes my start menu from displaying. I need it to stop installing. [img] 113111
  7. How to stop Windows from trying to download updates

How to stop Windows from trying to download updates: Hi I have new PC running W10 Home and I have installed and activated Office XP on it. Windows Update is trying to install updates for Office XP but they will not download and a "TRY AGAIN" link comes up up when I click on it Windows tries for a few seconds then the message...
  8. How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?

How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?: I'd like to have updates set to download at users convenience or at a specific time of day. Is it possible in windows 10 ? 111691
  9. How to stop the download permanently

How to stop the download permanently: Every time I go to windows update Windows 10 stars downloading, how can I stop this. I don't want Windows 10. I've hidden KB3035583, under optional updates I've unchecked the box update to windows pro and hidden it but it still downloads when I go to windows update. How can I...
  10. How to stop downloading a specific update for Realtek Audio?

How to stop downloading a specific update for Realtek Audio?: I don't want it, I am happy with the default windows one, I am able to edit the bass and stuff with the default one, what the **** is wrong with Microsoft? DO I HAVE TO WASTE MY BANDWIDTH DOWNLOADING IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN OR WHAT? Why does it feel like a downgrade (except...