Windows 10: How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

Discus and support How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello all! I'm using my Windows 10 laptop with a secondary external monitor which i want to use as a display, without the laptop's built-in display.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by br4to92, Jan 5, 2018.

1. br4to92 Win User

How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

Hello all! I'm using my Windows 10 laptop with a secondary external monitor which i want to use as a display, without the laptop's built-in display. The problem is, despite i set to show the image only on the secondary (external) monitor, after each restart or after i close the laptop's lid, it reverts to duplicating the image (or extends it, if select extend inside of duplicate). How can i stop this?? I have to manually reselect to show the image on the 2nd display only. Thanks!

How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays [​IMG]

:)

br4to92, Jan 5, 2018

2. No duplicate option for multiple displays.

I do not have the option of duplicating a display for multiple displays. I can extend and designate my desktop to either display but not both at the same time. Why is this and how can I duplicate?

Thanks,

Steve

STEVEWALKER82, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Rob00 Win User
    Can't Duplicate Display in Windows 10

Windows 10 had automatic update; afterwards, I could not view my TV (connected with HDMI) cable. I could hear sound on TV and see Desktop Background; but no icons. Can't successfully duplicate display. Seems Extended Display is default.

Rob00, Jan 5, 2018
Thema:

How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

1. How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays - Similar Threads - stop automatic duplicate

2. My displays will only duplicate, they won't extend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My displays will only duplicate, they won't extend: I have bought a new PC. My old machine had two HDMI ports so in the past I connected my two screens one to each HDMI port and could extend the displays. The new machine only has one hdmi and a DVI port so I have connected one screen to the HDMI port and the other to the DVI...
  3. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  4. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  5. Must duplicate display before extending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must duplicate display before extending: After a graphics driver update about a month ago some of my display settings are not working properly, mainly that sometimes my computer will snap out of extending to both my monitors for a number of reasons and in order to get it back I have to first select duplicate,...
  6. Must duplicate display before extending

Must duplicate display before extending: After a graphics driver update about a month ago some of my display settings are not working properly, mainly that sometimes my computer will snap out of extending to both my monitors for a number of reasons and in order to get it back I have to first select duplicate,...
  7. How to stop auto extending displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop auto extending displays: I have my tv connecting to my computer as I occasionally watch from my digital library. I also have my work laptop connected to my monitor so I can easily change inputs and switch between work & personal setups. Every time I switch back to my personal PC and the tv is on but...
  8. Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared.

Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared.: Hi. Hopefully someone can help me as I'm tearing my hair out here. My display option to extend or duplicate has simply disappeared. I even reset my computer to factory settings and it still isn't there. It was there this afternoon, what has gone wrong and what can I...
  9. Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate: Trying top duplicate screen to Vizio TV through a HDMI cable. It will perform 2 of the 4 options properlydisplay to Laptop Only, display to TV only, extend the display between both, duplicate display on both Results of each: 1. Display to Laptop ONLY: Works fine 2. Display...
  10. How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?: I would like to know if there is an option in Windows 10 that allows me to extend the taskbar (not duplicate it) on multiple displays, in order to have the Windows button on the far left of my first monitor, the clock on the far right of my last monitor, and one looooong...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop duplicate monitor in windows 10

2. stop extend display

3. laptop to monitor how to stop duplicating

4. 2019-01 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (kb4480966) dowland