Windows 10: How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge

Discus and support How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; There's these pop-up ad websites that try to scare people by saying "Your computer is infected" and such. They open a continuous stream of password... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ben Hastings, Apr 2, 2018.

1. How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge

There's these pop-up ad websites that try to scare people by saying "Your computer is infected" and such.

They open a continuous stream of password prompts. As soon as I close one prompt, another password prompt pops up.

I already use the AdBlock extension.

I wonder if there is an option to turn off password prompts completely in Edge. Like a system policy perhaps that disables basic and NTLM authentication?

How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge [​IMG]

How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge [​IMG]

:)

Ben Hastings, Apr 2, 2018
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Apr 2, 2018
  3. Jimmy See Win User
    Internet Explorer has stopped restore this website

issue on EDGE

Jimmy See, Apr 2, 2018
  4. How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge

Hi Ben.

Is it already shut off in Advance Settings?

Click on three dots upper right, Settings, View advance settings, shut off "Offer to save passwords"

Caledon Ken, Apr 3, 2018
  5. No, haven't done that. Will try!

Ben Hastings, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge

1. How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge - Similar Threads - stop bad websites

2. How to stop Edge opening for links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  3. How to stop Edge opening for links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  4. Windows 11 is stopping various websites from opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is stopping various websites from opening: I have just installed Windows 11 on an existing machine and since booting it up I can't open lots of website pagesI could open the Google Chrome download page and download the client appI can't open any Google shopping ads a new tab opens but I get an errorI can't open...
  5. How do I stop Edge from opening ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop Edge from opening ?: Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsyd7/how_do_i_stop_edge_from_opening/
  6. How can I stop Edge from prompting me to allow an app to open?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I stop Edge from prompting me to allow an app to open?: I'm running Win 10 Pro, version 1909. MS Edge version 83.0.478.64. Using SQl Server Reporting Services. When I select to edit a report in Report Builder I get a popup - This site is trying to open Microsoft Report Builder. ']http://[servername] wants to open this application....
  7. Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a websites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a websites: Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a forum that has a thread with a pdf file attached. It wants me to save the pdf to my HD instead. I'm using Adobe Reader and this is the first I have noticed this change. Edge Version 80.361.62 64bit The Extension App shows pdf...
  8. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on websites but I cannot figure out how to do so. I've seen posts about Internet Explorer and Active X but that doesn't seem to apply...
  9. Edge Stopped Opening

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Stopped Opening: Edge was working just hunky dory until one day it wasn't. Cortana will works (fingers crossed). I only use it for Bing Rewards. I had been having a LOT of crashed pages before it stopped, which I just realized. I am on a legitimate Windows 10 Pro, Dell Laptop (older but just...
  10. How stop Cortana opening Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How stop Cortana opening Edge: I thought I just read this recently? I looked but no luck. I have Google Chrome as my default browser. However, when I do a search using Cortana, and click one of the web results, it will open my Edge Browser? How do I get Cortana to open web results using google...