Windows 10: How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

Discus and support How to stop booting in to Safe Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. My antivirus software needed to restart and boot in to Safe Mode. But, for years I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by garycottam, Aug 27, 2015.

1. How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

I have just upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

My antivirus software needed to restart and boot in to Safe Mode.

But, for years I have used the 4 digit pin login from Win 8,but I cannot remember the normal password.

Safe Mode ony allows login via the normal password and not the pin, so I nol longer have accessto my PC.

How can I get the PC to start in normal mode.

I do not have any install or recovery media.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

:)

garycottam, Aug 27, 2015
  2. cottamg Win User

Stop booting in to Safe Mode

I have just upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

My antivirus software needed to restart and boot in to Safe Mode.

But, for years I have used the 4 digit pin login from Win 8,but I cannot remember the normal password.

Safe Mode ony allows login via the normal password and not the pin, so I nol longer have accessto my PC.

How can I get the PC to start in normal mode.

I do not have any install or recovery media.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

cottamg, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Stop booting in to Safe Mode

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

• Search for Settings from the taskbar and select it from the search results.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.

If you are using a Microsoft account, you may change the password and use the new password to log in.

Reset your password

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Aug 27, 2015
  4. How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

icpwolverine, Aug 27, 2015
  5. as far as password not sure if this will help but open settings
    then accounts
    on the left select Sign-in options
    click on change password follow the prompts

icpwolverine, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Download a Windows 10 ISO: Windows 10 ISO Download and create a flash drive.

Boot it and take the Repair your PC path to get to a Command Prompt.
    Change to the Win 10 drive then Windows\system32.
    Ren Magnify.exe Magnify.exe.sav
    Copy cmd.exe Magnify.exe
    Exit and reboot and remove the flash drive.

On the login screen, click on the Ease of access icon at lower right.
    Select make things larger.
    That opens a Command Prompt.
    Type net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    This will enable the hidden Administrator account.

Reboot and login as Administrator and then you can make any changes you need to to your normal account .

All explained here: User Account Password - Change from WinRE System Repair Disc.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

1. How to stop booting in to Safe Mode - Similar Threads - stop booting Safe

2. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  3. Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode: Hi, My partner has been encountering some issues with his PC for a little than a month and we feel like we are hitting a brick wall with finding a resolution. Firstly, upon starting up the PC we are met with the blue screen of death and a Stop Code error. Upon following...
  4. How do I stop booting in safe mode

How do I stop booting in safe mode: Hi, First time posting here, hope I do it right. So I tried booting in safe mode, to make a fresh driver install for my probably faulty GPU, but when I try to login, password isn't recognized! I usually use a pin number that doesn't work either. Looks like the boot...
  5. Broken Update. How to Boot into safe mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Update. How to Boot into safe mode?: Hey everyone, I’m trying to help my housemate with his laptop, yesterday Windows updated and the installation didn’t go well... Now his laptop turns on and just sits on ‘We couldn’t complete the updates Undoing changes Don’t turn off your computer’ and stays here for hours....
  6. Stop computer booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop computer booting into safe mode: My screen started flickering and (following a bad guide) I used msconfig to configure safe mode. Safe mode does not allow PIN login. My password does not work. I am sure that I have remembered it correctly. I can log into https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and see my...
  7. How to Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode: I am using Acer Laptop and have installed Windows 10. Looks like there are viruses in the system and startup has got slowed down. The only way I see is to boot it into Safe Mode, and toggle the services. I need help on 2 things : How shall I make windows faster? How...
  8. How to easily boot into Safe Mode, etc.

How to easily boot into Safe Mode, etc.: I've read a million posts by people who find it difficult to boot into Safe Mode. It's really quite simple. Run the following command in an Administrator Command Prompt --- bcdedit /set {globalsettings} advancedoptions true In the future every time you reboot a blue...
  9. how to boot into safe mode without logging on?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to boot into safe mode without logging on?: if you can't get into your user account, is there another way to boot to safe mode? I think you can do this from windows recovery media, but I was unable to create that. (It didn't like my sandisk flash drive, even though my 3rd party programs have no problem making it...
  10. can't stop safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't stop safe mode: My neighbors laptop was running bad and I went to msconfig and selected safe boot and restarted into safe mode. Now the computer is in safe mode but I can no longer access msconfig. I don't know another way into safe mode to turn it off without msconfig, so how do I get into...