Windows 10: How to stop bugged update from installing ?

Discus and support How to stop bugged update from installing ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; That's just it. This update is bugged and gives me an awful display experience. I installed windows several times to track it down, and I finally did.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Marron, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

How to stop bugged update from installing ?

That's just it. This update is bugged and gives me an awful display experience. I installed windows several times to track it down, and I finally did. Now I need a way to not install it. And uninstalling it after it gets installed is not a solution. If it starts bugging my display it'll stay bugged after the install too.

So, how do I stop this update from installing ?

How to stop bugged update from installing ? [​IMG]

:)

Marron, Sep 12, 2015
  2. Miss Pita Win User

How to STOP Fall Creators update from installing!

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't have any idea of how to do a 'forensic analysis'. At my age (68) I'm pretty good with PCs, but not that good. At least it stopped trying to install it 6 - 8 times per day, now it's just once or twice. I'm am looking at info
    on how to install Win 7 from my disc and get rid of 10. Too bad, I do like 10.

MP

Miss Pita, Sep 12, 2015
  3. How to STOP Fall Creators update from installing!

I have the same problem but no answer in internet..

ErdincDANACI, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Marron Win User
    As always, Brink. A nice and clean answer. I wonder why I never find the links you send me before asking though. Anyway, that's not so important.

But since you're here, I'll take my chance and ask something else too.
    Do you know any way to efficiently cut one user's internet access ? My mum wants my little brother to have no internet access.

Anyway, thanks. I managed to hide that update before it gets installed (after reinstalling windows a couple of times). Hopefully, that solved the problem.

Marron, Sep 12, 2015
  6. Marron Win User
    Marron, Sep 12, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sure, it's safe if you want them back on.

Brink, Sep 12, 2015
  8. Marron Win User

Thanks.

Marron, Sep 12, 2015
  9. Marron Win User
    You know ? I'm 100% sure I hid that update. I'm sure I did. I even checked for updates after that and checked to see if that update is discovered. And it was not there. Yet, now I see it installed ... Does that 'hide updates not hide the updates forever ? I checked to see if it's still hidden but doing 'show hidden updates' and all it says is "You're all set, there aren't any hidden updated to show."

This is driving me nuts now. Why is it so hard to simply not install one update ?

Marron, Sep 12, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    When you hide an update, it will usually stay hidden until you unhide and install it, or a new version of the update (ex: drivers) is released.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop bugged update from installing ? - Similar Threads - stop bugged update

2. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  3. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  4. How to stop specific cumulative update from installing? KB5007186

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop specific cumulative update from installing? KB5007186: Currently by 15th November 2021, there is a new cumulative update KB5007186 that causing a lot of issue once installed into my PC. I already uninstalled the update once in safe mode. Now Windows Update is going to reinstall it into my PC again. I can't access Windows Update...
  5. How to stop a Windows Update that is already installed from installing again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop a Windows Update that is already installed from installing again: There is a Windows Update showing in Settings -2021-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5004237that is pending to be downloaded and installed, but I checked my update history and this update was already installed the week before.How can I...
  6. How to you stop a specific update from installing

How to you stop a specific update from installing: I have several computers that were effected by the March critical update released on March 9th effecting users printing to copiers. I have uninstalled the update several times and Windows keeps reinstalling them. How can I target a specific update not to reinstall?...
  7. How to stop windows from installing a specific update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from installing a specific update?: I noticed that this particular update keeps causing certain games to crash whenever I play them. It gets fixed whenever I uninstall the update. How do I stop windows from trying to install the update? submitted by /u/Alphium [link] [comments]...
  8. Stop an update from installing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop an update from installing: I have some software the is no longer supported but is needed in our work environment. When KB4569745 installs it messes up the system. It has something to do with .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.0 and when it installs it creates havoc with certain ports that the software needs to...
  9. stopping window updates from services is bugged or changed, how to stop updates?

stopping window updates from services is bugged or changed, how to stop updates?: [ATTACH] Hi I always open Services, window updates then I click on disabled and stop and then window update stops and all was good. today I opened laptop and went afk, when I came back I saw window was updated, so I went to close window updates but I had no access on it at...
  10. How to stop 1709 from installing through updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop 1709 from installing through updates: I had to revert back to 1703 as 1709 caused problem & poor performance on on of my PC's When windows update runs it attempts to reinstall 1709 & how do you stop & hide it as I not see defer updates option on 1703. Thanks 98215