Windows 10: How to stop dialog box making me type in password for Administrator?

Discus and support How to stop dialog box making me type in password for Administrator? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems now that every time I run or delete an EXE file, the system makes me type in the password for the Administrator; especially as I typically do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swampwiz, Aug 8, 2015.

1. swampwiz Win User

How to stop dialog box making me type in password for Administrator?

It seems now that every time I run or delete an EXE file, the system makes me type in the password for the Administrator; especially as I typically do stuff in the dark, having to locate the keys for my password is a real pain. Now, I don't mind having that dialog box come up and making me simply click on the button (or hit Enter, etc.) In fact, if this is something that can prevent "drive-by" downloads or other nefarious stuff from happening, I want it (although I still mind typing in the password). In Windows 7, the system behaved in this latter way, and I'd like Windows 10 to behave in the same way.

:)

swampwiz, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Benard_4 Win User

Username and password when connecting to other computers on the network

My PC displays a dialog box asking for username and password when trying to connect to other computers in the network. How can i edit the settings for the dialog box to stop showing up?

Benard_4, Aug 8, 2015
  3. How do I remove password protection from Windows 10 Home Insider Preview?

This did not work for me due to not being an administrator and having their password.....?

{Jaime L. Martin}, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Removing the password is probably the only way.

Bazz, Aug 8, 2015
  5. It all comes down to how you have UAC setup. Either your account is a Standard User or you went in and changed the way UAC operates.

logicearth, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop dialog box making me type in password for Administrator? - Similar Threads - stop dialog box

2. STOP MAKING ME CHANGE MY **** PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP MAKING ME CHANGE MY **** PASSWORD: I HAVE TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD EVERY **** WEEK LEAVE MY ACCOUNT ALONE YOU GREEDY PIECES OF **** ****. MY ACCOUNT IS NOT AT RISK THE ONLY PERSON ACCESSING MY ACCOUNT IS YOU ANNOYING MOTHER ****. LET ME TALK TO A HUMAN SO I CAN GET YOUR **** **** COMPANY OFF MY BACK...
  3. STOP MAKING ME CHANGE MY **** PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STOP MAKING ME CHANGE MY **** PASSWORD: I HAVE TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD EVERY **** WEEK LEAVE MY ACCOUNT ALONE YOU GREEDY PIECES OF **** ****. MY ACCOUNT IS NOT AT RISK THE ONLY PERSON ACCESSING MY ACCOUNT IS YOU ANNOYING MOTHER ****. LET ME TALK TO A HUMAN SO I CAN GET YOUR **** **** COMPANY OFF MY BACK...
  4. make dialog boxes accessible for the visually impaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    make dialog boxes accessible for the visually impaired: I moved to a new computer with Windows 11. It is almost impossible to use, however, because I cannot read any of the dialog boxes/pop-up menus. There are two problems, the tiny font size AND an extremely low contrast color combination of very light tan letters on a bright...
  5. make dialog boxes accessible for the visually impaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    make dialog boxes accessible for the visually impaired: I moved to a new computer with Windows 11. It is almost impossible to use, however, because I cannot read any of the dialog boxes/pop-up menus. There are two problems, the tiny font size AND an extremely low contrast color combination of very light tan letters on a bright...
  6. STOP MAKING ME CHANGE MY PASSWORD!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP MAKING ME CHANGE MY PASSWORD!!!: Windows 11 Home edition just FORCED me to change my password to log into MY OWN computer. It BLOCKED ME from signing into MY computer unless I change my password. WTH???!!!! What is happening? This is MY COMPUTER and it is MY PASSWORD. I DECIDE when and if I want to change...
  7. No Password Box Dialog

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Password Box Dialog: I Am A Tech Savvy Adminstrator Who Keeps Trying New Things, But I Encountered A Problem, I Was Just Optimizing My Windows With Some Scripts But After Running The Script And Restarting, I Realized I Screwed Up. I Can't Enter My Laptop Password Now, There Is No Dialog Box In...
  8. STOP MAKING ME CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STOP MAKING ME CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I have been apart of your company FOR YEARS. But I'm done. You have LOST a customer because of your need to CONTROL people. My password MY LIFE, MY CHOICE. I have a disease that makes remembering things HARD, and having 10000000000 passwords, that are forced onto me is ****....
  9. Run dialog box typed history

in Windows 10 Support
    Run dialog box typed history: Good evening, just a simple question, I use to have the history of my previous typed "cmd" in the run dialog box Can you tell me how to have back this helpful behaviour? thank you 160164
  10. Dialog box stopping operations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dialog box stopping operations: I am getting this message-"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" One place this occurs is when I click on a reply box in email. This is a new problem and I don't know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Email is from...