Windows 10: How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot?

Discus and support How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No matter what I do, Windows 10 changes the folders that belong to my "Documents" library on reboot to the standard folders (specifically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajkessel, Apr 23, 2017.

1. ajkessel Win User

How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot?

No matter what I do, Windows 10 changes the folders that belong to my "Documents" library on reboot to the standard folders (specifically %userprofile%/documents and the OneDrive documents folder). I don't want either of these folders in the Documents library; when I make changes they last for a while but then revert on reboot. My network admin tells me we have no GPO's that touch this setting. I also see other postings in this forum with similar problems and no answers; for example this posting appears to be the same problem with no answer. Does anyone have any insight into how to fix this permanently?

Incidentally, my motivation for changing the Documents library folder membership is to change the default "save" location for most apps. As far as I can tell, the only practical way to do this is to change the Documents library and then set the default "save" and "public save" folder there, but if there is an alternative method to accomplish the same goal, I'm open to that as well.

:)

ajkessel, Apr 23, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Apr 23, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot?

1. How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot? - Similar Threads - stop Documents library

2. How can I stop the documents and photos folders from being located at one drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop the documents and photos folders from being located at one drive?: I want to change the file location basically. even if I select the docments/photos folders listed under "this PC" , they are directed to one drive which I don't want to use....
  3. How can I stop the documents and photos folders from being located at one drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I stop the documents and photos folders from being located at one drive?: I want to change the file location basically. even if I select the docments/photos folders listed under "this PC" , they are directed to one drive which I don't want to use....
  4. How can I stop the documents and photos folders from being located at one drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Not being able to save a Dorico 4 project specifically in the Documents library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to save a Dorico 4 project specifically in the Documents library: I'm using a music notation software Dorico 4 and my projects are in a folder called "Dorico projects" which itself is in the Documents library. Saving the projects don't work: I make a change in the file, click save, see the star next to the file name dissapear in the upleft...
  6. Not being able to save a Dorico 4 project specifically in the Documents library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to save a Dorico 4 project specifically in the Documents library: I'm using a music notation software Dorico 4 and my projects are in a folder called "Dorico projects" which itself is in the Documents library. Saving the projects don't work: I make a change in the file, click save, see the star next to the file name dissapear in the upleft...
  7. How to stop mp3 from being staticky

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop mp3 from being staticky: Trying to prevent mp3 from sounding staticky. It happens when I connect my Lenovo Y920 to an audio device, such as my headphones or JBL Pulse 3. I'm not sure what's going on here as the audio works fine on a device connected via Bluetooth. Audio also works pretty much fine on...
  8. Stop Windows 10 from resetting libraries after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows 10 from resetting libraries after update: I have my music library setup so that it's only %userprofile%\Music. After Windows updates it keeps adding \OneDrive\Music to the library. How can I stop this? submitted by /u/imthewiseguy [link] [comments]...
  9. Downloading data from Library Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading data from Library Documents: New computer replacing 8 year old computer. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Many documents were stored in Library "Documents" (not C or D drive) but unable to locate. Have Hard Drive from old computer in docking station but unable to locate files?...
  10. How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library: I've been using Windows 10 for a few months. In the past month or so, it has started adding %USERPROFILE%\Documents to my Documents library every time I restart. I don't want this to happen. The folders I want in my Documents library are %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Documents...