Windows 10: How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot?

Discus and support How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No matter what I do, Windows 10 changes the folders that belong to my "Documents" library on reboot to the standard folders (specifically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajkessel, Apr 23, 2017.

1. ajkessel Win User

How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot?

No matter what I do, Windows 10 changes the folders that belong to my "Documents" library on reboot to the standard folders (specifically %userprofile%/documents and the OneDrive documents folder). I don't want either of these folders in the Documents library; when I make changes they last for a while but then revert on reboot. My network admin tells me we have no GPO's that touch this setting. I also see other postings in this forum with similar problems and no answers; for example this posting appears to be the same problem with no answer. Does anyone have any insight into how to fix this permanently?

Incidentally, my motivation for changing the Documents library folder membership is to change the default "save" location for most apps. As far as I can tell, the only practical way to do this is to change the Documents library and then set the default "save" and "public save" folder there, but if there is an alternative method to accomplish the same goal, I'm open to that as well.

:)

ajkessel, Apr 23, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Apr 23, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot?

1. How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot? - Similar Threads - stop Documents library

2. how to get rid of graftor? and how to stop usb from disable at reboot?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to get rid of graftor? and how to stop usb from disable at reboot?: Hello guys First of all my laptop seems to have several problems and i don't know if they are linked or not. sorry its not an old laptop but in this short time it made more problems than my tower in some years! specs Lenovo Yoga 500-15IBD 8 gb ram (no idea what brand...
  3. Downloading data from Library Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading data from Library Documents: New computer replacing 8 year old computer. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Many documents were stored in Library "Documents" (not C or D drive) but unable to locate. Have Hard Drive from old computer in docking station but unable to locate files?...
  4. A problem prevented the document from being scanned

in Windows 10 News
    A problem prevented the document from being scanned: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When scanning a document using the Printer+Scanner. if you receive an error saying – A problem prevented the document from being scanned, then in this post, we will share solutions to fix this problem. A problem prevented the document from [...] This post A...
  5. Hide Documents library privacy settings from search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Documents library privacy settings from search: I use the search bar to find folders very often - it works a hell of a lot better than previous versions of Windows and my hands don't have to leave the keyboard for me to find the folder or file I need. Works great, except when I want to get to my Documents folder. For some...
  6. Stop Windows 10 Updates & stop setting being reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Windows 10 Updates & stop setting being reset: Apologies for posting yet another "Stop win 10 Updates" But as all the threads are locked, and the answers seem to be in the main, un resolved with "its a fact of life" My concerns are that (this is related to my job) every single time. this is not an exaggeration, there...
  7. How to stop pages from auto save as documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop pages from auto save as documents: When I open a file or document online, it automatically wants to save it to a file. How do I change the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-stop-pages-from-auto-save-as-documents/0e2162f0-ec78-4898-9d22-7a7b008c8690
  8. How to stop a scheduled update from installing after reboot?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop a scheduled update from installing after reboot?: After installing an update yesterday and rebooting, my laptop is now stuck at the startup blue page with rotating circledots. Every once in a while the screen flickers as if it is installing a graphics driver, BUT it doesn't make sense to flicker 100+++ times. I've tried...
  9. How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library: I've been using Windows 10 for a few months. In the past month or so, it has started adding %USERPROFILE%\Documents to my Documents library every time I restart. I don't want this to happen. The folders I want in my Documents library are %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Documents...
  10. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...