Windows 10: How to stop Edge opening for links

Discus and support How to stop Edge opening for links in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lazarericus, Mar 4, 2024.

1. How to stop Edge opening for links

My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings.

:)

lazarericus, Mar 4, 2024
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Stop edge from opening new tabs from search links?

Chrome does not do that. Problem is, you do a search, and click on a search link, it opens a new tab, and leaves the bing seach tab open. And after a while, you can have very many Bing search tabs open

- - - Updated - - -

In the left pane, click on the Pop-ups and Redirects option.

STEP 4 does not exist for me.
    How To Stop Auto Tab Opening On Microsoft Edge 2020

sdowney717, Mar 4, 2024
  4. How to stop Edge opening for links

when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

How to stop Edge opening for links

1. How to stop Edge opening for links - Similar Threads - stop Edge opening

2. How to stop Edge or Bing from opening links any links, all links ever?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Edge or Bing from opening links any links, all links ever?: I saw this convo here How to stop Edge opening for links - Microsoft Community and the answer provided is about how to disable edge in Outlook. How about just disabling Edge? I want it to be disabled across the system so that no app uses ME to open links. Is that...
  3. How to stop Edge or Bing from opening links any links, all links ever?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Edge or Bing from opening links any links, all links ever?: I saw this convo here How to stop Edge opening for links - Microsoft Community and the answer provided is about how to disable edge in Outlook. How about just disabling Edge? I want it to be disabled across the system so that no app uses ME to open links. Is that...
  4. How to stop Edge opening for links

How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  5. How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows: How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows like in the settings app and search.I dont like edge and prefer firefox.I hate how microsoft forces users to open their stupid browser. it isn't going to be popular...
  6. How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows

How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows: How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows like in the settings app and search.I dont like edge and prefer firefox.I hate how microsoft forces users to open their stupid browser. it isn't going to be popular...
  7. Stop edge from opening links and use default browser

Stop edge from opening links and use default browser: What is MS's problem with respecting my wishes to use a browser other than Edge to open links. Since this last update Edge is opening more for other links than usually. It was annoying before and now it is unbearable. I have my preferences, and Microsoft is not one of them in...
  8. Stop edge from opening links and use default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop edge from opening links and use default browser: What is MS's problem with respecting my wishes to use a browser other than Edge to open links. Since this last update Edge is opening more for other links than usually. It was annoying before and now it is unbearable. I have my preferences, and Microsoft is not one of them in...
  9. Stop edge from opening links and use default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How stop Cortana opening Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How stop Cortana opening Edge: I thought I just read this recently? I looked but no luck. I have Google Chrome as my default browser. However, when I do a search using Cortana, and click one of the web results, it will open my Edge Browser? How do I get Cortana to open web results using google...