Windows 10: How to stop folder of images becoming a desktop slideshow

Discus and support How to stop folder of images becoming a desktop slideshow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my new Dell XPS PC, running Win 10 64-bit, if I select a whole folder of images and hit enter, rather than opening in Photoshop as I want, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DoozerMG, Feb 11, 2018.

1. DoozerMG Win User

How to stop folder of images becoming a desktop slideshow

On my new Dell XPS PC, running Win 10 64-bit, if I select a whole folder of images and hit enter, rather than opening in Photoshop as I want, they instead turn into a desktop slideshow.
    I've gone into Power Options, and 'paused' the slideshow option under Advanced Power Settings>Desktop Background Settings, but that hasn't helped.
    If I only select some of the images and hit enter, they open in Photoshop fine - so as a workaround, I can select half, open them, then go back and select the other half. However, I keep forgetting and then have to keep reinstating my desktop background.
    This behavior didn't happen on my previous Dell, and doesn't happen on my wife's Win 10 machine.
    Any suggestions welcome...

:)

DoozerMG, Feb 11, 2018

2. Unable to select pictures from folder to set as slideshow on Windows 10.

For desktop slideshow or lock screen slideshow?

The images won't show up in the preview shown when selecting that folder, but would be used.

zachd [MSFT], Feb 11, 2018
  3. display background

Hello Bessie,

If you meant for a desktop slideshow, then you could select a new folder of images to use or replace the images in the current selected folder.

You can change your desktop background slideshow settings in Settings or Control Panel. Option Six and Option Seven in the tutorial below can help give you step by step details on how to do this.

Change Desktop Background in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Feb 11, 2018
Thema:

How to stop folder of images becoming a desktop slideshow

1. How to stop folder of images becoming a desktop slideshow - Similar Threads - stop folder images

2. Background slideshow is not showing every image in the designated folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background slideshow is not showing every image in the designated folder: Windows is properly updated by the way. Judging by the numerous complaints about this feature dating back to Windows 10, and the lack of an obvious fix, at least one I have been able to find by googling, this needs to be reported as a needed repair. If I have missed the fix,...
  3. Background slideshow is not showing every image in the designated folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background slideshow is not showing every image in the designated folder: Windows is properly updated by the way. Judging by the numerous complaints about this feature dating back to Windows 10, and the lack of an obvious fix, at least one I have been able to find by googling, this needs to be reported as a needed repair. If I have missed the fix,...
  4. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  5. Slideshow image not showing up in desktop wallpaper

Slideshow image not showing up in desktop wallpaper: Hello everyone, I posted this question because of a problem I'm experiencing with the desktop slideshow wallpaper. I put 14 images into the folder chose for the background and 13 of them work. The third image, named "3.png" in the folder, does not show up on the desktop....
  6. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  7. Location of Image in Slideshow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Location of Image in Slideshow: I REALLY want to know the location of one of the images that is currently in the slideshow that displays as my lock screen. I am aware that this question has been asked, but the reference given in response by a Micrsoft Agent does not work currently. I have seen the...
  8. Is It Possible To Change Desktop Slideshow Folder With A Keybind?

Is It Possible To Change Desktop Slideshow Folder With A Keybind?: I am currently on Windows 10, and I have two folders with different types of pictures in them (One is for when I'm working, Professional looking photos, the other folder includes family photos). I currently have to go to the Desktop Background settings to change between the...
  9. Windows 10 slideshow. want to select images, not folders

Windows 10 slideshow. want to select images, not folders: I looked around a bit and could not find an answer to my question. When making a slideshow in Windows 10 for the lock screen and the desktop background can you select individual images from folders instead of selecting an entire folder? Win 7 could do this and i used it and...
  10. Slideshow background images

Slideshow background images: I upgraded to 10 from 8.1. In 8.1 I had a slide show desktop background. That carried forward into 10 ( I still have the slideshow background). However, I cannot find where the images are located on the computer. Would like to modify but need to know where they are. 18606