Windows 10: How to stop html5 video from downloading in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to stop html5 video from downloading in Windows 10? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a metered internet provider and have found how to control Windows updates to my bonus time and turned off flash for normal video but html5 video... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by James419, Feb 22, 2018.

1. James419 Win User

How to stop html5 video from downloading in Windows 10?

I have a metered internet provider and have found how to control Windows updates to my bonus time and turned off flash for normal video but html5 video still downloads using up my data. I do not watch video and do not have sound. How do I stop the html5 video download?

:)

James419, Feb 22, 2018
  2. Entegy Win User

how can I watch videos on the windows phone if adobe flash player doesn't work

Contact the website, and ask if they support HTML5 video. Adobe has stopped development of Flash for mobile devices, so it's important for websites to server HTML5 video.

Entegy, Feb 22, 2018
  3. Will Windows Phone 7 play You tube and flash videos?

WP7 internet explorer has full HTML5 support, and youtube runs on HTML5 so there is no problem to play youtube videos in browser. what i assume is that later in future HTML5 videos will be standard for web videos, more over adobe has stopped working on
    FlashPlayer anymore, and there will be no more flash payer/plugin will be shipped to devices,

TauqeerKhan, Feb 22, 2018
  4. How to stop html5 video from downloading in Windows 10?

Just google search disable HTML5 Firefox or any other web browser you will found your answer.

FreeBooter, Feb 22, 2018
Thema:

How to stop html5 video from downloading in Windows 10?

1. How to stop html5 video from downloading in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - stop html5 video

2. How to download videos and gif's from Twitter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to download videos and gif's from Twitter?: Hi.I want to download videos from Twitter especially in Japan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-videos-and-gifs-from-twitter/9f4d2c50-2314-4639-9f30-808562d81371
  3. HTML5 is malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HTML5 is malware: Excuse me, I'm pretty sure HTML5 is 100% malware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/html5-is-malware/43c9c5a8-b083-426a-9595-9ec4aab86d57
  4. Unable to play many HTML5 videos in Windows 10 - MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play many HTML5 videos in Windows 10 - MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED: I recently updated Windows 10 to the latest release 20H2, along with several updates which had been pending for a while. This included the update to remove Adobe Flash player, which I suspect may be what triggered this issue. Ever since then, many videos will not play in any...
  5. How to stop automatic video downloads on news channels

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop automatic video downloads on news channels: Whenever I click on a news item to read it automatically downloads the news commentators announcement in a video. I don't want to view the video, I am happy just to read the text. This automatic download of their video is using up my data and pushing me beyond my useage....
  6. HTML5 Videos won't play

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HTML5 Videos won't play: All HTML video won't play. They buffer and I can skip to different frames but never will it play. Youtube/Reddit/Facebook. Chrome & Firefox. Restarted router, latest Windows updates, updated graphics driver, restarted PC several times, CCleaned PC Windows Build 1909 Thanks...
  7. HTML5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HTML5: I play a Facebook game that requires HTML5. I would like to know how to install it if it's not too much trouble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html5/e5c3b655-a453-47ca-af44-0daf380662b8
  8. HTML5 Video and Audio Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTML5 Video and Audio Options: Hi, I am pretty knowledgable when it comes to web design. I am actually trying to create an HTML5 video and audio player that does not need me to specify the source, rather it can read from a directory and display the contents of the directory based upon embedded metadata....
  9. Windows 10 stopped downloading pics/video

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stopped downloading pics/video: I am getting very annoyed with this, and I am sure that someone else has had this. Initially Win10 would happily detect my card reader plugged in the USB and download the video, albeit to the pics folder with no option to put them in the video folder. Now, whilst my...
  10. YouTube now defaults to HTML5 video

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube now defaults to HTML5 video: Four years ago, we wrote about YouTube’s early support for the HTML5 <video> tag and how it performed compared to Flash. At the time, there were limitations that held it back from becoming our preferred platform for video delivery. Most critically, HTML5 lacked support for...