Windows 10: How to stop inapplicable updates

Discus and support How to stop inapplicable updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I do not install Microsoft Office 2010, but these 2 updates appear in the Update History, 1. Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2825635) 32-Bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by big10, Aug 15, 2015.

1. big10 Win User

How to stop inapplicable updates

I do not install Microsoft Office 2010, but these 2 updates appear in the Update History,

1. Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2825635) 32-Bit Edition
    2. Update for Office File Validation 2010 (KB2553065), 32-bit Edition

How to stop the inapplicable updates from being downloaded and installed?

In the “Choose How Updates Are Installed”, I have turned on “Notify to Schedule Restart”.

Why the updates were installed automatically?

Is this option only applicable to computer connected through Wi Fi?

:)

big10, Aug 15, 2015
  2. zorro45 Win User

Lenovo Yoga 2 Windows 10 Upgrade Failures

We have a new Lenovo Yoga 2 that will not update to Windows 10. The prompt is stuck for hours on preparation. Then, when cancelled, the computer is stuck overnight trying to cancel. Finally, a hard start gets us the computer again. How do I upgrade?
    The instructions are inapplicable to a Lenovo Yoga 2.

zorro45, Aug 15, 2015
  3. How to stop automatic updates

I don't think that (hopefully it hasn't!!) Microsoft has changed this procedure as my phone is Windows 8, your Lumia 950 is Windows X

Apps / Store / 3... (...) / Settings /untick "Update apps automatically"

Additional 27/03/2017 @ 15.15

re Billy Med "Currently, the option to stop automatic updates are not permitted yet."

and you clarification, I did not know that the W10 System Updates were automatic...Wow

So just a wild guess, WINDOWS X (sic) is very problematic
    and was released , weigh, whey, way too early so that the Lumia 950 could run it out of the box

In order to fix it there are these blanket System Updates which are
    automatic,
    as to correct it must mean that earlier System Updates can't be delayed.

If an System Updates to correct a feature is included in the latest update and the usere did NOT install the earlier System Update then this latest update would bring forth more anomalies

There will be resolution and at a point System Update will work without incident

Philip Anderson's Mother's Son, Aug 15, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Uncheck "Give me updates for other Microsoft ....."

How to stop inapplicable updates [​IMG]

Then Win+X->programs & Features ->View Installed Updates and uninstall those 2 if you wish.

topgundcp, Aug 16, 2015
  5. big10 Win User
    I have MS Office 2007 installed, if I uncheck the box, I will be unable to receive updates for MS Office 2007.

big10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop inapplicable updates - Similar Threads - stop inapplicable updates

2. How to stop automatic updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic updates: Windows 10 Pro v22H2. Used to be able to download.install Windows 10 updates when the computer wasn't being used for anything else. Windows updates automatically downloads and install on their own. How are automatic updates turned off?...
  3. How to stop automatic updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatic updates: Windows 10 Pro v22H2. Used to be able to download.install Windows 10 updates when the computer wasn't being used for anything else. Windows updates automatically downloads and install on their own. How are automatic updates turned off?...
  4. Update error, how to stop it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update error, how to stop it?: Hello, so there is a problem with my pc. Whenever i start it everyday, there will be always a windows update that saying i have to update to windows 10 21H2, but it already in that version. After the update, i receive this message, "There were some problems installing...
  5. Update error, how to stop it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error, how to stop it?: Hello, so there is a problem with my pc. Whenever i start it everyday, there will be always a windows update that saying i have to update to windows 10 21H2, but it already in that version. After the update, i receive this message, "There were some problems installing...
  6. How to STOP Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to STOP Windows updates?: My computer keeps failing updates. I don't really care, except it reboots itself whenever it feels like it, and then gets stuck in a spinning cycle of "undoing failed updates". I want it to STOP. Windows 10 gets royally corrupt all the time, but I don't have the tools to...
  7. How TO Stop Update

How TO Stop Update: Hello Anyone help how to disable permanently update my windows 10 Thank You Wakil K https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-update/06801a48-0c80-4ff2-b67b-8c59392d2d3c
  8. How to stop automatic updates

How to stop automatic updates: I do not want Microsoft interrupting valuable scientific data crunching on my computer because it wants to force an update. Data has been crunching for a few days and now it wants to do an update while there are potentially many weeks left of data calculations. How do I...
  9. How to stop these windows updates

How to stop these windows updates: New to this but how do I stop this every time I shut down my laptop this installs then uninstalls as it cant load? As if I have all the time to wait for this to load and un load. February 12, 2019—KB4487017 (OS Build 17134.590) Applies to: Windows 10, version 1803 Last...
  10. How to stop Updates

How to stop Updates: Hi, How do I stop my laptop from automatically installing updates as I don't want to install any updates as of now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-updates/82520ddb-4631-4c3e-b1b6-49715a50b056

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows upadte finding inapplicable patches