Windows 10: How to stop installing new build

Discus and support How to stop installing new build in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On a Lenovo Yoga 500 the mouse was erratic & would go all over the place on its own without a finger even near the touchpad. I installed the one & only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by davidvh2, May 11, 2016.

1. davidvh2 Win User

How to stop installing new build

On a Lenovo Yoga 500 the mouse was erratic & would go all over the place on its own without a finger even near the touchpad. I installed the one & only driver offered by Lenova for the model despite being warned that I was attempting to install an older driver than the one in use. That made a slight but nevertheless unacceptable improvement to the mouse behavior. As a result & whilst the laptop was still virtually brand new, I did a full factory install. Great. The mouse behaved perfectly as did everything else. However prior to installing an update for M/S office which I'd earlier installed, I sought as instructed any security updates. Included today was a new build for Windows 10 & that was eventually downloaded & installed (took "forever") but as soon as the job was completed, I found the mouse to be back to its old bad habits & was wandering around & virtually uncontrollable again. I decided to revert back to the earlier build. Once that had been completed, the mouse & everything else worked properly. My question is therefore how can I STOP downloading & installing of this new build which arrived today 12th May 2016?

:)

davidvh2, May 11, 2016
  2. quietbrit Win User

"Stop insider builds" does nothing

I'm stuck at Build 10525, it just doesn't seem to see any of the newer builds. If I lobotomize Windows Update it will eventually see a new build, then it downloads it, claims to be installing it, reboots, and we're back to 10525 with no evidence of a failed
    update and Windows Update is convinced that update has been installed.

So I wanted to back out of Insider Builds. I clicked "Stop Insider Builds" which brings up a dialog:

"Insider Builds

"Stop Insider Builds

"We need you to do a few things to stop receiving builds.

"[link]How do I opt my device out of Insider builds?"

" [Close]"

The link takes you here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/stop-receiving-builds

Where the instructions for Windows 10 are, idiotically,

Select Stop Insider Builds, verify that you want to opt out, and then restart your PC.

Leaving your only option being to reset.

If that's WAI, please change the dialog? But assuming it's not - how do I either unstick the Windows Update from 10525 or roll back from insider builds or figure out why it's not offering me the "Verify" option.

quietbrit, May 11, 2016
  3. How to install windows 10 in new hard drive

My hard disk was stopped working and replaced new harddisk.Before stopped old hard disk my pc running with latest build as on 12.02.2018.Hence now how to install windows 10 pro. 64 bit in new hard drive.plz.guide.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

RATHOD RAVINDER, May 11, 2016
  4. marsmimar Win User

I believe you can defer (temporarily postpone) Windows 10 upgrades. Click Start button > Settings > Update & security > Advanced options. On the new page that appears, make sure you check mark "Defer upgrades". See screenshots as well as the TenForums tutorial. My apologies if this isn't what you were looking for.

How to stop installing new build [​IMG]

How to stop installing new build [​IMG]

Windows Update - Defer Upgrades in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

marsmimar, May 11, 2016
  5. davidvh2 Win User
    Hi marsmimar Thanks for that. I'm not yet fully up to speed with 10 & that's a feature I hadn't noticed. I'll check it out as you suggest but meanwhile hope that Lenova will have an answer for a suitable cure them selves as the problem is likely to affect similar machines.

davidvh2, May 12, 2016
  6. marsmimar Win User
    marsmimar, May 12, 2016
  7. davidvh2 Win User
    I've now been able to check that machine out & to my dismay, there was no place to tick for deferring upgrades. Presumably this is because of the particular build (the initial one that came with the (now) 2 month old Yoga laptop) because I can see the place on other Win 10 installations. So it's now a wait & see situation.

davidvh2, May 12, 2016
  8. marsmimar Win User

marsmimar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop installing new build - Similar Threads - stop installing build

2. How to install windows 11 on my new pc build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows 11 on my new pc build: Hey, just built my new pc which includes a 4070, Ryzen 7x3d, dominator rams, lian li cooler and fans. And it says this Compatibility reportThe upgrade option isn’t available if you start your computer using the installation mediaPlease remove the installation media and...
  3. New Computer Build Windows Stop Codes can't Install All Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Computer Build Windows Stop Codes can't Install All Updates: recently built my computer. Constantly getting stopcode BSOD screen one first initial boot of the day, and then again if i turn off the computer for a an hour or longer. It never happens on restarts. only after it has sit for a little while. Most recent Stop Code was Kernel...
  4. Install Windows on a New Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on a New Build: I'm working remotely because of COVID with my grandson to build a Windows computer. He is a real newbie and is paying for everything himself so I don't want to waste is money. Unfortunately, the case that he bought does not have the ability to mount a DVD drive. Being...
  5. New build issue with installation

New build issue with installation: Hi all I just got my last few parts for my build and now am having trouble with the installation of the os and other needed things. I have a MSI z270-a pro motherboard a msi gtx GeForce 8970 gpu i3-7100 7th gen cpu 16 gb of ddr4 ram and a current 1 tb ssd these are all...
  6. How to stop new install into windows ?

How to stop new install into windows ?: Hello, I want to know how to stop new install into windows. any of new apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-new-install-into-windows/a8478f6b-e3bf-463b-8844-4114abe4b4d4
  7. Installation on a new build

Installation on a new build: Hi, just after some advice. I am looking to build a new PC, and wasn't planning to install a DVD drive. Can I install Windows 10 completely from the USB version, or will it still need to download most of the operating system? I would prefer not to connect to the internet...
  8. How to stop perpetually re installation of build 1903?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop perpetually re installation of build 1903?: I was forced to restore previous build 1803. How to stop Windows to install build 1903 again? Failure: After installation of build 1903 my HP Elitebook 2540 Cellular failed to work. Modem type: un2420 Mobile Broadband Module There is already preciously known issues with...
  9. Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build: Intro I've been getting BSOD's at random since I built this system around two months ago. I've looked for help via friends, Reddit and my own technical knowledge but have so far not come up with a solution. I'm going crazy and desperate for a solution now - it's a brand...
  10. New Build Won't Install

New Build Won't Install: I'm currently running 11082 and Windows update is attempting to push 14257 out to me but it's failing to install. The update downloads ok, but when I restart I boot into the windows repair menu instead of the upgrade screen. I've tried to do an automatic repair, but when...