Windows 10: how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

Discus and support how to stop PC from asking to enter the password? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My PC always requires me to sign in, and enter the password when I turn it on. It irritates me a lot because it is only me who has access to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IannDelgado, Aug 9, 2018.

1. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

My PC always requires me to sign in, and enter the password when I turn it on. It irritates me a lot because it is only me who has access to this machine.

:)

IannDelgado, Aug 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 - asked to enter password

Original Title :

Have downloaded Windows 10 and before I can continue,I am asked to enter password-have no knowledge of the password.Contacted Microsoft help website and signed up with new password.Have entered the new password and still saying that the password is incorrect.Any
    suggestions ?

GrahamBarker100, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Saja67 Win User
    Bitlocker not asking for password set up

I have the same problem as David with bitlocker set-up not asking me for a password. Following the instructions in the article suggested by Jennifer does not help as it assumes that I will be prompted to enter a password - the set up skips that step going
    straight to the options for saving the recovery key. Once (supposedly) encrypted, I can restart my computer without having to enter anything apart from my microsoft password so I do not have any additional security at all.

Saja67, Aug 9, 2018
  4. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

Cortana asks for old password

Original Title: Cortana

Cortana on my PC asks for email or phone number and then asks for password. Which password.....my computer starting password or my email password or a new one just for Cortana? In the Next step Cortana asks for the old password one more time, but entering
    different ones do not work and entering none of them does not work either. Other people use this computer in my family so I once ended up with only my email address and email password able to start my computer .Is Cortana ever available and ,if so, to just
    one, or all of the family?

hortunia neusbaum, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

1. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password? - Similar Threads - stop asking enter

2. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  3. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  4. How do i stop Windows from asking my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop Windows from asking my password?: I removed the password, picture password, and Pin i even selected "never" for " if you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" i even unchecked the Box on netplwiz the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer after all of...
  5. How do i stop Windows from asking my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop Windows from asking my password?: I removed the password, picture password, and Pin i even selected "never" for " if you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" i even unchecked the Box on netplwiz the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer after all of...
  6. pc not asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pc not asking for password: hello two days ago i updated my laptop windows 7 to windows 10. when today uninstalled a security application 'guardian netsecure' and then asked for a restart i restarted my pc, but then my pc not asking for password, even ther is not a curser apearing and not any key...
  7. stop pc from asking me to change my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stop pc from asking me to change my password: I have an HP Envy 360 convertible 15m-bp1xx running Windows 10 Home version: 2004 build: 19041.508. I recently sent my pc back to HP for some work and they seemed to sign in by creating their own account. I thought i deleted it although im not sure that has anything to do...
  8. How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on: There are two users on my Windows 10 PC: me and my wife. We both use Microsoft accounts rather than local I know how to automatically log in to one account every time, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I've also turned off W10 asking for a password when waking from...
  9. how to stop entering my password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to stop entering my password: my screen goes to sleep too soon so I have to enter password again how do I stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-entering-my-password/6a1b1fec-dd71-4942-8e69-a8a79767cfd3
  10. Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep: HELP!!! Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 on my desktop pc has stopped asking me for my password when waking it from sleep. It was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if an automatic update has caused the issue or not, but, I really want to protect my computer from...