Windows 10: How to Stop Radeon Driver Upates

Discus and support How to Stop Radeon Driver Upates in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have set Windows Device Installation Settings not to download manufacturers apps and disabled the task AMD Updater in Autoruns. However, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Steve C, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

How to Stop Radeon Driver Upates

I have set Windows Device Installation Settings not to download manufacturers apps and disabled the task AMD Updater in Autoruns.

However, Windows 10 Pro still updated my Radeon driver today when I really didn't want it to - and also set all the icons to the left at the same time.

How do I stop the GPU driver updating automatically?

:)

Steve C, Aug 12, 2016

2. how to upate drivers

I upgrade my pc to windows 10 now my pcs drivers are not working even my LAN are not working so i cant connect to the internet for updating driver software....please help me...

akshaypshte, Aug 12, 2016
  3. how to upate drivers

Download updated drivers to a computer that is able to connect to the internet and transfer them to the computer using a flash drive (akas memory stick).

Download the driver and copy it to a folder on your desktop. Write down the path to the folder. If the driver has been zipped you will need to right click on the file and extract to your folder.

Use the keyboard shortcut Win+X to access Device Manager. Locate and right click on the device and select Properties. Click on the Driver tab and the Update Driver button. Click on “Browse my computer for driver
    ” (do not select Search automatically for updated driver) and click the
    Browse button. Type in the Search box the file path to your folder and click on Next. The system should find the driver in your folder and update. If it does not find the driver recheck that the driver is not zipped.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    I specifically want to block the GPU driver from being updated until I decide. The option in Post 2 doesn't seem to do that since my GPU driver is not listed as an available update (having just been updated).

Steve C, Aug 14, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 14, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    I tried that Troubleshooter but it doesn't show the GPU driver since I guess it was just updated.

Steve C, Aug 14, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Stop Radeon Driver Upates - Similar Threads - Stop Radeon Driver

2. Crashes with Radeon driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes with Radeon driver: TLDR, replaced with new: CPU, Memory, GPU, Mainboard.Not sure what else to do, I keep getting the issues with blue screens in game:Hope someone can make something out of this, as I've never had this sort of drama...
  3. Crashes with Radeon driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes with Radeon driver: TLDR, replaced with new: CPU, Memory, GPU, Mainboard.Not sure what else to do, I keep getting the issues with blue screens in game:Hope someone can make something out of this, as I've never had this sort of drama...
  4. How to stop Windows from reinstalling a diferent version of AMD Radeon drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows from reinstalling a diferent version of AMD Radeon drivers?: Im trying to install the last update of the Radeon GPU drivers for my RX 6600XT, but Windows Update is installing a diferent version of it. How do I fix this?...
  5. ATI RAdeon drivers

ATI RAdeon drivers: Dell Studio. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650. When I installed 2004...resolution was terrible, and this driver was no longer available. No updated drivers on their website as they have discontinued support for this driver. Apparently I will have to buy a new computer when...
  6. Stop AMD Radeon Display Driver installation

Stop AMD Radeon Display Driver installation: i have a lapton running windows 10 home. its quite fast i7 , SSD and 8GB ram. AMD chip on mother board has gone bad and I can't remove it. Windows installs AMD everytime i reboot because of which laptop has become unusable. 1. I have changed the advance system properties...
  7. AMD Radeon drivers

AMD Radeon drivers: Why do AMD graphics card drivers need Windows to be fully updated unlike NVIDIA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-drivers/9f190e98-7db9-4a9e-96f1-e1ae719c3731
  8. Upates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upates: Why can't I turn on automatically download updates in advanced options update options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/upates/0a0ad3b4-f154-443e-8ca5-c3a430bb43ed
  9. upate dell drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upate dell drivers: dell driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/upate-dell-drivers/20ab9f8a-2569-47ac-a1b5-9204770f8f8e
  10. how to get cummulative upates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get cummulative upates: Hi I have windows 10 pro ducht But he say that the system is up to date . on a forum i read about KB 3093266 but i don't get that kb why ? 25742