Windows 10: How to Stop Security Patch for Intel Processors

Discus and support How to Stop Security Patch for Intel Processors in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I can't agree with performance loss and I don't want to update security patch for Intel Processors. I will reinstall Windows 10 on 1509 or 1607... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vlada011, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Vlada011 Win User

How to Stop Security Patch for Intel Processors

I can't agree with performance loss and I don't want to update security patch for Intel Processors.
    I will reinstall Windows 10 on 1509 or 1607 version.
    Can you explain me how to avoid 1709 Update and Security Patch for Intel Processors.
    How many updates have and I would like to know numbers of them, KBxxxxxx?

:)

Vlada011, Jan 9, 2018

2. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ntoskrnl.exe

Just the same, its causing problems on Intel processors too. Even Intel has admitted, users should stop trying to apply these patches.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 9, 2018
  3. Guidance to protect against guidance concerning CPU Microcode vulnerabilities : WSUS

Hello Friends,

I am sure most of you've heard about the Intel processor security vulnerability, that will be a Microsoft patching.

What I understand, Windows 10 patches are coming out today and updated automatically, but other systems won't have a patched until next Tuesday.

So could someone help me to find out the patch name or number and
    what OS versions will get the patch, is it also patched Windows XP ad Windows 2003?

Please help me if some have any idea about this.

Amit Kumar JKT, Jan 9, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

There is no significant performance loss. Chill out.

Helmut, Jan 9, 2018
  5. Both my system use Intel CPU's (My System Specs) and I got both system updated.
    I have not noticed any type of slow down of any kind.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 9, 2018
  6. Vlada011 Win User
    I will decide about that after update all patches, benchmark tests and revert Windows 10 to July 2015 without Internet connection.
    If I notice difference more than I could tolerate how to prevent Windows 1607 from July 2016 to update allone new Securuty Patch.
    Maybe with Hidding Windows Updates?

Vlada011, Jan 10, 2018
  7. Steve C Win User
    Use the tutorial to hide / unhide updates Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

Steve C, Jan 10, 2018
  8. Vlada011 Win User

And guys above, you are damage control hired by Intel or what.
    Better check what happen with performance worldwide.
    I talk with guy who 20-30 years work in IT and informative companies, he say we should be happy if performance loss is 50% after 12 months than same platform without any patch.
    They will arrive little by little, immediately over 20% after all patch updates.

I'm sick of all abnormal people who defend customers who save money months to buy hardware and defend multi billion companies.
    All of such people should be aware that show classic symptoms of hardware addiction and illuision and defend own source of hardware, drug or other things. You should shame. We are here because such profile of people.
    Because Intel and NVIDIA managers are excellent in prediction how much fat-retarded-robot addicted to hardware could tolerate. I mean how big ******* he could accept in a*** without complains. And they are excellent in such estimation.

If all people think as me I promise you Intel would refund last dollar to owners of Z87, Z97, Z170, Z270, Z370, X99 AND X299 chipset.
    CPU and Intel chipset, that mean motherboard, or at least full cost of CPU. I promise you if only people think as me.

AMD Customer i Customer, Intel Customer is Victim. That's fact.
    Intel should be faced with charge of at least 50.000 enthusiasts worldwide who will demand compensation for their performance loss and because bad experience with their investment.

Vlada011, Jan 11, 2018
  9. CountMike New Member
    One of first Intel Pentiums had much smaller problem and Intel has refunded them or exchanged them for new model, from old chips they made key chains.

How to Stop Security Patch for Intel Processors [​IMG]

Intel recalled Pentium P5 chips in 1995 and turned them into keychains inscribed by CEO - Business Insider

This time there are lot more chips affected and may drive Intel into serious financial troubles. It would take much more pressure by governments to do anything about it. It would take at least US government to say "No more Intel unless this mess is fixed satisfactory" but I seriously doubt that would happen. On one side NSA or CIA may have had some of their fingers in there and at least have known about it long time before public did.
    I have always used Cyrix and AMD processors and systems, any Intel system I had was purely incidental because can't stand Intel price gauging and very small incremental performance upgrades between processor generations.

CountMike, Jan 11, 2018
  10. Vlada011 Win User
    Intel is bunch of criminals who deserve to be faced with mass charge and demand for full compensation of products.
    Every day you will read about negative sides of this mess and enthusiasts will not calm down until they replace motherboard and processor.
    For me that's cost worth 1000-1500$. I don't have such money. I save money 2 years before platform upgrade.

When Intel launch new CPU without bug, news about flaws of previous architectures will popup as popcorns.
    In that moment from losing money Intel will start to profit from such news and damage control will stop to decrease impact of this bug on computers. Than people will be faced with reality and real performance decrease but will be to late for any charge.

Intel can't get process on court.
    They sell processors with flaw worth 100-2000$ with knowledge about security flaws, 1 crime.
    Second crime is decreasing performance of computers. Every single percent count because Intel profit billions from people who upgrade because 10% difference and than such small difference was very important reading reviews and Intel statements.

I don't care how they want to compensate me, to take my mobo with their chipset and cpu and refund me, to send me CPU with more cores do compensate performance loss on my motherboard X99. Or to give me brand new CPU with 6 cores without bug.
    I don't want discounts because I didn't plan upgrade, I don't want security bug or performance loss, that's my right.

Guys who told them, guys who found bug and were completely shocked how easy they read computer as book after warning Intel didn't get answer whole week. Only for that week Intel profit good part of money necessary to compensate customers everything.
    But they knew at least from summer 2017. Communities didn't care for warn from US government about flaw in Intel chips from November 2017. That was evidence that they knew in that moment everything.
    Only during silence period, I mean on period when Intel sell CPU with flaw - security bug they profit enough money to compensate damage to customers. Only for 6 months of period.

Vlada011, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Stop Security Patch for Intel Processors - Similar Threads - Stop Security Patch

2. Supported Intel Processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Supported Intel Processor: My system has an I5-7200U Intel processor. System check for Windows 11 shows this processor does not meet requirement. Looking at the supported Intel processors list it shows that the I5-7200U is supported. Is it supported or not. Thanks for the help....
  3. Supported Intel Processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Supported Intel Processor: My system has an I5-7200U Intel processor. System check for Windows 11 shows this processor does not meet requirement. Looking at the supported Intel processors list it shows that the I5-7200U is supported. Is it supported or not. Thanks for the help....
  4. Printnightmare security patch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printnightmare security patch: Hello. Looking for help finding and downloading this security patch. I have WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 bit SP1. While searching, thought I found it. There were 2 options for download: XLSX MICROSOFT EXCEL & CSV COMMA VALUE. None of this means anything to me. Maybe I was in the...
  5. Security Patch KB5000802

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Patch KB5000802: after the patch was installed the computers crash when sent to printer Kyocera the computers switch to Recovery display and made restart again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-patch-kb5000802/cd72aa3d-7dde-4f34-8ec8-9d6ab65f8fb6
  6. processor patch support?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    processor patch support?: hello*Smile Does this patch support the 3570k Ivy Bridge processor and is it necessary to install? Microsoft has released the November 10, 2020 Intel CPU microcode updates 168146
  7. processor patch support?

in Windows 10 Support
    processor patch support?: hello*Smile Does this patch support the 3570k Ivy Bridge processor and is it necessary to install? Microsoft has released the November 10, 2020 Intel CPU microcode updates 168146
  8. Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor: I am using an laptop with AMD processor. but I wanted to change the processor only not the laptop. i wanted to add intel Core i5 processor in the place of AMD. But I have heard that AMD cannot be replaced by intel or other processors since the slots are seen to be different....
  9. Security Patch

Security Patch: Hi All, How to download the KB4049411 and KB4033631 in Microsoft catalog? If we select "Check for Update" , these two patches are showing , but in Microsoft catalog mentioned KB's are not shown....
  10. Spectre Intel CPU Security Vulnerability Patch - Performance Questions

Spectre Intel CPU Security Vulnerability Patch - Performance Questions: Does the Intel patch for Spectre on a 6th Gen Core i5 Desktop CPU have any distinguishable performance hit for gaming, streaming, media playback, video editing, or photo editing? I heard there's a performance hit (so I've been avoiding the patch) but on newer processors it...