Windows 10: How to stop the download permanently

Discus and support How to stop the download permanently in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Every time I go to windows update Windows 10 stars downloading, how can I stop this. I don't want Windows 10. I've hidden KB3035583, under optional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by squid13, Sep 18, 2015.

1. squid13 Win User

How to stop the download permanently

Every time I go to windows update Windows 10 stars downloading, how can I stop this. I don't want Windows 10. I've hidden KB3035583, under optional updates I've unchecked the box update to windows pro and hidden it but it still downloads when I go to windows update. How can I stop this?

:)

squid13, Sep 18, 2015
  2. DKersten Win User

How do I stop the windows 10 download permanently?

OK, found the solution!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351

You can edit group policy as per that article and disable the automatic update of a new OS, or you can edit the registry (listed in the article), whichever is easier.

This affects ANY windows 7, 8, 8.1 computer that is not on a domain or part of a volume licensing program, so if your bandwidth is suddenly saturated and you can't figure it out, this will stop that 6.5 gigabyte download from happening automatically. You
    have to restart after applying the change, but it does work.

Edit - after 10-20 minutes, this update started up again. Still looking for a fix!

DKersten, Sep 18, 2015
  3. How do I stop the windows 10 download permanently?

Please do not apologize. I could not agree more. As it happens, I look after about 140 or so computers of regular people (not business). I have been on this 583 thing since April.

I have steadfastly removed 583 when ever it came up. I have told my clients that if they decide they want Windows 10, they are on their own. So, whenever that presumptuous icon appears in the tray, they call me and I remove it. I have not seen any case
    in which the download is or has taken place.

Before Win10 came to market, I announced that the real question was simply:

Is Windows 10 an improved Windows 8 with a desktop OR Is Windows 10 a better Windows 7.

It is now pretty clear to me that the former is the case. I predicted then and predict now that Win10 will be staunchly resisted by the same people who went phewy on Windows 8.

Microsoft is trying to change Windows into an advertising magazine intended to sell, sell, sell. It is not interested in providing Windows the tool to get your work done.

I am staying with Windows 7 for the foreseeable future. I noticed one curious thing yesterday. A local computer store now has on special an Acer desktop computer for $649 with all the bells and whistles, AND Windows 7. Brand new. I think this is a forerunner
    because the alert entrepreneur picked up on a phewy Windows 10 attitude in his customers.

Windows 10 review: Hold off if you use Windows 7

Windows Marketplace 2017 | Canadian Tech

Canadian Tech, Sep 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

1. How to stop the download permanently - Similar Threads - stop download permanently

2. how to permanently stop apps from downloading onedrive files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to permanently stop apps from downloading onedrive files: Whenever I open an app like VLC, I get a notification telling me that the app is downloading files on my onedrive so I click cancel download and click block app when asked to prevent future downloads but the next time I open the app it just starts downloading files again even...
  3. how to permanently stop apps from downloading onedrive files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to permanently stop apps from downloading onedrive files: Whenever I open an app like VLC, I get a notification telling me that the app is downloading files on my onedrive so I click cancel download and click block app when asked to prevent future downloads but the next time I open the app it just starts downloading files again even...
  4. how to permanently stop apps from downloading onedrive files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to permanently stop Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to permanently stop Windows Update?: When I installed the update for windows 10 for November 2021, after I log in it is just a black screen. I tried resolving the issue by searching up on the web and reinstalling windows from my local PC. But after I reinstall windows and turn off the services for windows...
  6. How to permanently stop Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently stop Windows Update?: When I installed the update for windows 10 for November 2021, after I log in it is just a black screen. I tried resolving the issue by searching up on the web and reinstalling windows from my local PC. But after I reinstall windows and turn off the services for windows...
  7. How to permanently stop Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Please help, how to permanently stop it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help, how to permanently stop it.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AayushBoliya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/id8gek/please_help_how_to_permanently_stop_it/
  9. How to stop chkds permanently?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to stop chkds permanently?: Hi, How to stop chkds permanently? For good reasons I need to disable chkds permanently. I see that you can change a boot option in the registry to something like autochk * but foes this work as a permanent solution. I do understand that this is not ideal but needs must....
  10. How to stop chkds permanently?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop chkds permanently?: Hi, How to stop chkds permanently? For good reasons I need to disable chkds permanently. I see that you can change a boot option in the registry to something like autochk * but foes this work as a permanent solution. I do understand that this is not ideal but needs must....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop imgsync

2. stop imgsync downloads

3. how to prevent imgsync download

4. how to stop imgsync downloads in windows 10,
  5. how to stop imgsync from downloading,
  6. imgsync keeps trying to download,
  7. how to stop imgsync files from downloading,
  8. what is imgsync and how can i stop it,
  9. precent download of imgsync files,
  10. way to stop imgsync from downloading,
  11. how do you stop imgsync downloads,