Windows 10: how to stop the download right now

Discus and support how to stop the download right now in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Since upgrade the window 10 could not be finished succesfuly, each time I connect to the internet, it unknowingly starts to download a big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Motim, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

how to stop the download right now

Hello,
    Since upgrade the window 10 could not be finished succesfuly, each time I connect to the internet, it unknowingly starts to download a big package of the upgrade and it refuses to be deleted.
    How can I stop the download except pulling the internet plug out, so I cannot make a normal browsing. I will make another attempt to upgrade in the coming weekend, but how to stop the download right now ? The normal updates option is still disabled.
    Need some help
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 24, 2017

2. How to stop the download of the newer version?

How do I stop the download of the newer version? It always automatically does it and then my speakers don't work! How do I turn off any automatic updates?

DavidPrice4, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 24, 2017
  4. how to stop the download right now

It's trying to update to the CU... Just let it download and install!

RingTailCoon, Jul 25, 2017
  5. Motim Win User
    Hello and thanks.
    Thats the problem, I tryed many times, update runs until about 72 - 75% and at some restart it freezes and nothing goes on, even left it over night - so this is a Merry go Round, try to update - freeze restore from image and again.
    What I asked is how to stop it, cannot be microsoft takes over my computer.

Motim, Jul 25, 2017
  6. Ok, that's weird indeed...hmmmmm...... And a clean slate method? Reinstall Windows completely and let the update thingy do his thing?

7. Motim Win User
    Cannot install windows - computer received with windows installed - do not have the installation disk, and besides, this will erase all my programs including office, thats the problem.
    At this weekend I'll make another try after googling for some answers.
    Thanks

Motim, Jul 25, 2017
  8. how to stop the download right now

No no no I mean reinstall via the options menu in Windows itself, or turning back your pc via a restoration point...

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to stop the download right now

1. how to stop the download right now - Similar Threads - stop download right

2. How to stop an accidental download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop an accidental download: Hello,I have a Windows 10 laptop and a couple of hours ago I accidentally downloaded what I think was a document, but I tried to stop the download in the middle of the process, though I'm not sure I succeeded. Actually, I'm afraid that I may've opened the document rather than...
  3. How to stop an accidental download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop an accidental download: Hello,I have a Windows 10 laptop and a couple of hours ago I accidentally downloaded what I think was a document, but I tried to stop the download in the middle of the process, though I'm not sure I succeeded. Actually, I'm afraid that I may've opened the document rather than...
  4. How to stop an accidental download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why is the 2004 update suddenly downloading and installing right now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is the 2004 update suddenly downloading and installing right now?: I was told that I didn't have to be worried about this at all. I am currently on 1909. And this wasn't supposed to happen. I heard that not only there were tons of problems with this update. But, there's a new update out now. What is going on? Can someone please help? I have...
  6. How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now

in Windows 10 News
    How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now: Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 version 1809 at the beginning of October 2018 to the public. While it is probably a good idea to wait at least a month before installation of the update on production machines, downloading and installing the update early is great for test...
  7. Will it be ok if i download windows october update right now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will it be ok if i download windows october update right now?: heard that windows new October update is wiping out all the data of the users. So, is it safe at this moment to download the October update?...
  8. How to download Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview update right now

in Windows 10 News
    How to download Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview update right now: Windows 10 Redstone 5 is available for Windows Insiders and if you’re okay with some bugs, you can download and install the preview update right now. You would need to join the Fast or Slow Ring of Windows Insider program to get updates. The Insider program allows developers...
  9. How to stop an update download

How to stop an update download: The other day I connected a TomTom satnav to a usb port to check it for problems for a friend. The next day Win10 reported an update for TomTom was ready to download and install. There does not appear to be any way to stop this happening. Can anyone suggest how I can...
  10. How to stop the download permanently

How to stop the download permanently: Every time I go to windows update Windows 10 stars downloading, how can I stop this. I don't want Windows 10. I've hidden KB3035583, under optional updates I've unchecked the box update to windows pro and hidden it but it still downloads when I go to windows update. How can I...