Windows 10: How to stop the mouse waking up the machine?

Discus and support How to stop the mouse waking up the machine? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks, I am trying to figure out how to stop the mouse from waking up the machine. I checked mouse power management and the option 'Allow this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crackhammer, Feb 9, 2017.

1. How to stop the mouse waking up the machine?

Hello folks,

I am trying to figure out how to stop the mouse from waking up the machine. I checked mouse power management and the option 'Allow this device to wake up the computer' is not checked. Screenshot below. Still the mouse wakes up the laptop. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

How to stop the mouse waking up the machine? [​IMG]

:)

crackhammer, Feb 9, 2017
  2. HairyFool Win User

Win 10 Anniv - How do I stop the mouse from waking the computer?

Also check the BIOS standby settings for the USB ports and the sleep mode.

HairyFool, Feb 9, 2017
  3. Win 10 Anniv - How do I stop the mouse from waking the computer?

Hi,

We want to get this resolved for you. Here's another way to stop the any device to awake your computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Arnold Fra, Feb 9, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to stop the mouse waking up the machine?

Brink, Feb 9, 2017
  5. Win10Pro Win User
    However stupid it may sound try a different USB port or use a very handy little tool called DriveCleanup (disconnect your mouse before using it). I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the computer's power options.

Does your laptop wake up when you plug in for example a USB stick, when the computer is in a stand-by, so to speak, mode?

Win10Pro, Feb 9, 2017
  6. Its the USB Root Hub that is waking up the laptop, but I don't have permission to enable to disable device wake. The command prompt was fired up in administrator mode!!

@Win10Pro,
    I ran DriveCleanup, it removed a few entries but didn't solve the issue.

crackhammer, Feb 9, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    crackhammer,

Does the mouse still wake the computer if connected to a different USB port?

Brink, Feb 9, 2017
  8. Win10Pro Win User

Have you already checked all your BIOS options?

Win10Pro, Feb 9, 2017
  9. @Brink,
    I checked all USB ports and found a port through which the mouse does not wake the laptop up. So sticking to it (but I would really like to know why it woke up through the other USB ports).
    @Win10Pro,
    I checked BIOS, couldn't find anything that would confirm BIOS connection.

So the problem is not really solved but temporarily addressed.

crackhammer, Feb 11, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Good news so far.

Some BIOS/UEFI settings may have an option to enable or disable wake from USB in the Power section.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop the mouse waking up the machine? - Similar Threads - stop mouse waking

2. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  3. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  4. Wake up laptop with mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up laptop with mouse: Im using a HP Zbook laptop and a logitech MX master 3 mouse, I cannot get the mouse to waken the laptop, anyone offer any help please? 183555
  5. Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks

Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks: I've always restarted my computer before going to bed at night. Then it goes to sleep after three hours. When I get on it in the morning, I double click the mouse, and it's up and running in a few seconds. Except today, the mouseclicks didn't wake the computer. Yesterday...
  6. How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?: I don't want my computer to wake from Sleep when the mouse is moved. I went to Computer Management > Device Manager > Mice > HID-compliant mouse > Properties > Power Management and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer". However moving the mouse still wakes the...
  7. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

Hibernate waking up on mouse movement: i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but for some reason when...
  8. Mouse wakes up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse wakes up Windows 10: So I'm using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now. I built my computer from scratch, tried different OS during the years but eventually stuck with a registered version of Windows 10. Somewhere through the last year I noticed that my wireless USB mouse wakes up my PC if you even...
  9. How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?

How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?: Re-installed Win 10 after botched update, now it wakes up at 3 am every day. Cleaned Task Scheduler from what (IMO) was not needed. Still wakes up. Checked Power settings, don't see anything wrong. Minimum processor power was 5%, changed to 0%. Still wakes up. The...
  10. Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop: I am using Windows 10 and would like to use my mouse to wake it up when in sleep mode It would be appreciated if someone can kindly assist me 41520